• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
Anyone on here have one of these?? I haven't seen any yet, but am considering purchasing one. These have been out for some time now, just looking for a few reviews.

Thanks,
Alan

Re: GSG 1911 22LR

I shot one on Friday. Ran 100% with Blazers. I REALLY like this. I would prefer this over my Glock conversion I have. I actually have thought about selling the conversion and getting one.

My bud bought it to shoot Steel Challenge matches. It is PLENTY accurate for steel and goes bang every time.

The only think I didn't like was that it has shown some pretty bad holster wear on the slide. The finish didn't last long before it is down to shiny metal.

Keith

I think I'm gonna buy one. I have an old Ruger 22/45 with thousands down the tube, but I wouldn't mind another 22 pistol and this one seems like a good trainer for my 1911 TRP.

Alan

I've got one. I haven't had it for long, and only put a few mags through it, so I can't say much about reliability or anything. The little I have shot has been problem free.

It has a magazine safety which I didn't like, but the mainspring housing, which holds the magazine safety mechanism, is interchangeable with a real 1911 MSH, so I swapped in a flat one I had lying around and killed two birds with one stone (Got rid of the extra safety and got rid of the arched MSH).

The Grip safety is ridiculously finicky. I finally got tired of it not releasing, and it's currently held down with a rubber band, until I fix it more permanently.

The grip safety isn't the only part that interchanges with real 1911 parts. I don't have a complete list, but there were quite a few.bbFrom the frame down, mechanically, it's pretty much identical to an actual 1911.

I had a .22 1911 conversion prior to this, but this is actually a better surrogate for my actual 1911 as the slide stop works.

The mag disconnect is an easy fix. You pull the MSH out, remove the fork thing and spring reinstall MSH.
Most all the frame parts are mil-spec.

I'm happy with mine for the price. It is no match to my 41 Smith, but less than half the price.

i have one, with several thousand rounds down the barrel..
i LOVE it
It's my favorite gun to shoot, no joke.

I've done some mods that, i feel, have helped a ton

1. flat msh (a must)
2. 1911 grip bushings and screws
3. new, custom, grips
4. full length guide rod, steel
5. non-ambi thumb safety
6. wilson front strap checkering (until i suck it up and pay for the read deal)
7. mag base plates
8. filled in the yellow dots on my rear sight until i replace them
9. 1/2x28 thread adapter for can

all i have left to do is a magwell, new sights, and to get it coated after i have the front strap done......

it's an awesome gun