• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors GSG 1911

SIERRAWHISKEY

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2006
PANAMA CITY FL.
If it runs as good a my Sons GSG5 I might have to try one out for a plinker,It damn sure won't replace my SA 1911 but its going to be alot cheaper to shoot.

Alot of the guys I shoot 3 gun with is going to 22 conversions and 20 gauge shotguns and having just as much fun.Looks like there not coming out until next year,could be a POS maybe maybe not!!!

http://www.gsg5rifle.com/item/168745__Hand_Guns_Pistols_GSG_GERG2210M1911_1911_Pi.aspx

Re: GSG 1911

why bother,put your money into a MARVEL conversion and shoot with your frame /trigger,and suppressor if you have one( or more)

Read the post again...he's talking about a 1911 conversion

SierraWiskey is talking about a .22lr 1911. I must say it looks pretty darn interesting. I will have to see it before I jump in with both feet and get one. If its iffy, I will probably just invest in a decent conversion kit for my springer.

That's a hell of a lot less than what I paid for my Kimber .22. Might make for an interesting trainer.

It says that it has the same weight and feel as a "real" 1911.
This could be good and bad, I have a Kimber .22 and it is half the weight of my Colt.
The good point is that recoil feels almost "real" (more 9mm like though) and lets me practice follow-ups and reaquiring sight picture.
If this weighs as a 1911 with .22 recoil it could be "boring" to shoot it, like a match pistol.
The downside to the Kimbers light weight is that in one-handed shooting it is too light and wiggles too easily, should not be an issue on this one.

The Kimber is also way overpriced, the barrel bushing is too loose internally and externally and frame/slide fit is too loose at the front.
The latter would be no big issue on a real 1911 but this does not lock barrel to slide like its big brother...

Anyway, I would not go any other way than having a dedicated .22 as my training gun now that Im used to it.

My thoughts though...

I've been using the Ruger 22/45 5.5" bull for years as a trainer and it works very well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been using the Ruger 22/45 5.5" bull for years as a trainer and it works very well. </div></div>
Same here. It gets shot probably 5 or 6 times more frequently than my springer. It's not a straight pull trigger like my springer but that's the only gripe. Well that and loading those magazines!

You can get a gadget from HKS (the speedloader maker) and probably other sources that slip over the mag body and gives your thumb a larger surface to work on. It's a lot more comfortable than doing it without.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snyper762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Downzero said:
but that's the only gripe. Well that and loading those magazines! </div></div>

google "ultimate clip loader", some guy in Florida sells this device (you've got to see it, I can't really describe it) that will hold five magazines worth of ammo and you just fill 'em up in nothing flat! No more blister on thumb, etc.

And, to really make things fun, put a suppressor on the end
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snyper762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Downzero said:
but that's the only gripe. Well that and loading those magazines! </div></div>

google "ultimate clip loader", some guy in Florida sells this device (you've got to see it, I can't really describe it) that will hold five magazines worth of ammo and you just fill 'em up in nothing flat! No more blister on thumb, etc.

And, to really make things fun, put a suppressor on the end
grin.gif
</div></div>

Yep, I have that same thing. It works great!