• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GSG 5 22LR

Alaskaman11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2009
Last Frontier
Anyone played with this? I was thinking about dropping the 500 for one, just wanted to see if any has anything to say about them.

Re: GSG 5 22LR

I just picked one up the other day. Been about 8 years since I had shot a .22. Let me tell you what a kick in the pants. I love it!!! FUN, Cheap, and pretty damn accurate as well.

I hear a lot of good things about them. I would grab one but my quad/ aics trainer is under way.

Fun, but not worth 5 Bens IMO Id rather spend $250 ish on a 10/22 and upgrade it over time just me tho but yeah they are alot of fun

Lots of fun, only issue is cost. ANd, well, its hard to not just spray 22 rounds in a few seconds!

John

The GSG 5 is fun, accurate, and functions pretty well. That being said it is one of the cheapest and poorly made firearms I have ever put my dickbeaters on. I own one, and I enjoy it, but what a piece of shit.

I like mine a lot but I agree - it's a little "chintsy." You can get a screw upgrade which makes a big difference, and surprisingly the parts you can get from *gasp* Airsoft distributors are more robust than the ones that come with the gun.

It is one of the most fun weapons I've shot, though. Add a red dot sight and a telescoping stock and you've got a great weapon to teach kids with that can fit their frame.

It's expensive, but I have to admit it's the most irrational purchase I've made in some ways. All of my other weapons have, or had, a purpose in mind when I bought them. This one was purely for fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The GSG 5 is fun, accurate, and functions pretty well. That being said it is one of the cheapest and poorly made firearms I have ever put my dickbeaters on. I own one, and I enjoy it, but what a piece of shit.</div></div>

That's the way I felt about my Walther P22.

When I first bought mines I thought it was going to be cheap plastic and light weight, handled it at the store and it was pretty solid so I decided to plunk down the money for it.

Fires fairly accurate and it's a great plinker for sure. 22 is about all i'm shooting these days anyways. lol

I only have 5 mags through mine. I use only CCI Mini Mags in it. It's a fun but expensive little toy.
Everyone who has problems with them has been taken care of pretty fast by the importer. Their CS is pretty good from everything I have heard.

Apparently they will accept many HK parts with little modification.