• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GSG-5 ammo

VTgunner

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2009
Fredericksburg, VA
I am buying a GSG-5 here pretty soon and was wondering what your experiences with certain ammo was. I know that semi-auto .22lr guns can be pretty finicky about the ammo. Thanks in advance.

Re: GSG-5 ammo

Mine ran 100% with federal bulk pack and minimags. Remington GB's caused a lot of FTF/FTE. Never did try subs in it...

yea, anything but Remington. The only trouble I have with mine is that I can what I call "out shoot it". by that i mean I can cycle the trigger faster than the gun can cycle and it will jam everytime. If I slow down to maybe 95% it is fine. I have sent it back twice and they have been good and replace everything. It still does it. Fun to shoot but can't go all rambo an the pop cans. I have a s&w mp15-22 and it doesn't do this.

Ok thanks guys. I was thinking about bidding on some of the 5,000 round Blazer stuff on gunbroker, so I hope that works.