• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

gsg 5 sight question

DAFAR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2003
Bremerton Washington
I had heard that when the GSG-5 first came out there was some kind of problem with the sight hieght. Does anyone no more about this? Has the problem been fixed on new GSG-5's

Re: gsg 5 sight question

The GSG-5 is being replaced by the GSG-522 in order to comply with the lawsuit from H&K. http://www.gsg-waffen.de/site/index.php?...=79&lang=en I recently purchased one of the last GSG-5's that my dealer had. The front sight post is removable, and my carbine came with four additional posts of varying heights. The installed post was fine for 25 to 50 yard plinking. The new 522 model appears to have replacable front sights as well.

My GSG-5 had no elevation adjustment on the rear sight and a fixed front sight. I ended up buying an aftermarket rear iron sight with elevation adjustment (I think it was actually intended for an airsoft version), and it worked fine on my GSG-5 and I was able to sight it in correctly.

A bunch of cosmetic differences so that it doesn't look exactly like an H&K MP5.

great weapon. mine eats all the walmart bulk pack i throw at it. i have one of the gsg5ds's and i love it. if you are thinking about picking one up, do it. the most fun plinker i have. if you are looking for accessories, rrages.com and gsgrifle.com have all the accessories you need. now i just have to wait for my 110 rd drum mag to get here!!!!!!!!!

oh and on the customer service note, its top notch. they will fix and replace things for free about 99% of the time. arfcom has a section just for the gsg5 under armory and the gsg importer (ATI) is on there everyday answering questions and helping people. his number is listed if you ever need to get ahold of him too. take the plunge. or just wait for the hk .22's to come out this summer...
wink.gif

BigBoss, are you aware of the ATF regulation of the SD model shroud? http://www.americantactical.us/ I assume you are if you're over on arfcom. A good many people that have bought these SD models probably are not.

ATF changed their ruling, so now it is considered a suppressor even though it does absolutely nothing to suppress the muzzle blast. Someone was probably caught drilling a bunch of holes in the barrel where the shroud/fake suppressor covered it, causing the hollow shroud to then be used as an expansion chamber. The new, approved replacement shroud/fake suppressor, has an inner sleeve that just barely fits over the outside diameter of the barrel preventing the venting of any gas into the chamber. Towards the bottom of the page http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=41&t=305635&page=4 is a drawing of the old and the new shroud design.

well I bit the bullett and ordered one. When It gets here I will have to make sure it has the legal dummy cam on it. I shot real ones in the Navy and I have always had a love affair with them. This is the closest I figure I will ever own

PS has anyone tried the pro mag gsg mags yet?

I have a couple but haven't tried them yet.

promags are good. i have 5 of them. just make sure all nuts are tightened on the mag are tightened. i got mine at gsg5rifle.com