• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GSG1911 Questions...

RicosRevenge

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2009
D/FW
I think I'm wanting a GSG 1911 that I plan to suppress and have a couple questions:

Which GSG 1911 version is threaded or are all of them?
Does the GSG come with an adaptor for a suppressor or will I need one?
Which adaptor do you recommend?
Any in stock you are aware of?

Thanks guys,

~ Rico

Re: GSG1911 Questions...

<span style="font-weight: bold">1)</span> To the best of my knowledge all the GSG 1911 barrels are threaded.
<span style="font-weight: bold">2)</span> The tactical version comes with an adapter and a fake suppressor ( I'm not sure on the thread pitch though )the regular version doesn't.
<span style="font-weight: bold">3)and 4)</span> Here you go. GSG 1911 thread adapter.

^^^ Thanks nostyta! Any clue on stock onthe pistol itself somewhere? Everywhere here is out of stock.

Most places around here are out of stock to. I got mine from Buds Gun Shop when they had them for $320. You can check Gunbroker, the last time I looked there they had several.

Bud's is out of stock, but I was lucky and tried a smaller shop here in Dallas and found one. I ordered a Gemtech adaptor as neither Silencer Co nor Tactical Inc have them in stock.

Thanks for your help!

I'll pick my pistol up tomorrow when I can drive out to get it!

~ Rico

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Metalic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't see the above post. </div></div>
Thats OK... it was a very stealthy and snipery post!
laugh.gif

Just picked up my new "Wood Grip" GSG 1911 - the only one I could find in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex (and it turned out they had a "Tactical" as well).

These are surprisingly nice... not that I expected less given the reviews here. The hardest thjing will be waiting until tomorrow to shoot it.

~ Rico

They are pretty nice for the money, you get a 1911 style .22lr pistol for about the same price as a conversion kit. When I got mine the grips was one of the first things I changed along with the mainspring housing as I don't like the rounded housing and I fitted a STI extended thumb safety in it, I'm right handed and I wanted to make my GSG as close to my other 1911s as possible, none of them have an ambidextrous safety. If you decide to change the grips you have to use the grip screws that came with the GSG as they are metric. Here's a few pics of mine with the Kimber grips and mainspring housing along with the STI safety.

DSCN0526.jpg

DSCN0525.jpg

DSCN0527.jpg

Sounds good... I'll probably play with mine a little as well. REALLY interested in my Form 4 getting back now!! 4 weeks and counting!

Got a chance to run some rounds down range Saturday. I wasn't expecting this thing to be as smooth as it is! Pleasantly surprised!

My Gemtech supperssor adaptor showed up yesterday so COME ON INSPECTOR #42 (or whatever your number is)... I really am a nice guy and a pillar of the community!! Push that Form through! 5 weeks now!

Great piece so far. Very pleased.

I have been debating one of the gsg's for my mite that I am about to pick up this week. Took me 80 days for it to get approved
frown.gif

I'm figuring 2 1/2 months realistically... but I'm hoping since it is a trust it will be a little shorter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm figuring 2 1/2 months realistically... but I'm hoping since it is a trust it will be a little shorter.</div></div>

it depends, I have me and two others in my trust, and its my understanding that when you have a trust anybody referred to as a trustee is background checked?

Just me on the trust (then the beneficiaries necessary). I have a bunch of people fomr a Shotgun site coming to town in 3 weeks... here's hoping!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm figuring 2 1/2 months realistically... but I'm hoping since it is a trust it will be a little shorter. </div></div>

I got my Sparrow on a trust in 45 days.
1911Sparrow.jpg

^^^ Sweet! Here's to hoping! at 40 days right now. I hate waiting...

Call and check your status. You will need your serial number for the suppressor. Number is 304-616-4500

Well... thats never good... they don't even have my name on file. "Mary" asked for the Serial # and my name. Should I have given her the dealer's name or maybe my trust name? After a month and a half it should at least show as received and the check cashed shouldn't it?

For me this how it happened.
Form 4 & Trust sent Jan 4
Check cashed Jan 14
Pending Jan 26
Approved Feb 16
Examiner Al Lumbeger
I called twice, once I saw my check was cashed, then about a month later.
Never asked for the dealer's name, just mine and serial number.

Checked again, they said they are backed up.

Check was cashed 2/28 but not showing transfered yet.

~ Rico

man they are well worth the wait. I did finally got my gsg picked up last friday. my adapter came in today and i shot some subsonics out back and wow what a difference. I also am waiting on a set of grips and stainless grip hardware both screws and bushings.

CIMG0488.jpg

This is the first I am hearing about this pistol. What kind of accuracy are you guys seeing out of it?

Accuracy is pretty darn good actually. Stays real tight at 18 yards. I look forward to getting a little longer; I just haven't yet.

Suppressor is IN! 59 days from date the check was cashed.

mine is staying fairly tight at 20 yards and that is about as far as i try to hit anything with a pistol. but i did knock a gatorade bottle about 50 yards down range just to see if it could.