• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors GSL Technology Suppressor

Nelius88

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2020
Does anyone have any experience with GSL Technology Suppressors? The are somewhat of a local manufacturer and I am interested in their multi-caliber suppressor but I haven't heard very many reviews about the quality. Any info would help, thank you.

Last edited:
I've only messed with their pillbox suppressor, But talking with my Rep for them like @HansohnBrothers said the owner is the former Gemtech owner. So they should be a very quality product. What suppressor are you looking at? I've had the chance to shoot/ own a lot of the Multi caliber cans.

I have the 350 Legend can in jail right now, so I hope they’re as good as I’ve heard.

My LGS speaks well of them and the local SWAT guys are using them. I was just speaking with one of the SWAT guys and he seemed to like his. They are local to me too, kind of. If I like my 350 Legend can they’ll be my go-to for suppressors.

Hell, if they are really good, they’ll be the best thing to come out of Jackson, Michigan area since the band Kung Fu Diesel!

I have had the GSL multi cal for about a little over a year. Per the web site, works on everything from 22LR to 300 WM.
I have actually used it on :
22LR
218 Bee
223 Bolt and Auto
243 Bolt
6mm ar Auto
6mm CM Bolt
30-06
7MM Mag
Never had any problems.
The only bad thing is the point of impact change...it is kind of heavy. The next issue is the size (length and diameter)...you pretty much have to go to Coltec (sp?) for the insulated cover. One last thing.....if you need more 'adapters' than are supplied with the kit....buy them with the suppressor and see if you can get a better price....I think I paid $90.00 each after the purchase.
If you use the 'spring loaded attachment' it does affect group size. If you use the 'thread on' adapters the groups seem to be equal to or a little bit better than shooting without the suppressor.
The owner (Greg) has been great with the my stupid questions....before and after the sale.
My son has ordered one. It is "in jail" coming up on 7months.
Hope that helps..if not don't be shy. Just call GSL and ask for Greg.
Vortex4.JPG

By the way...Greg did run Gemtech and when they were bought out........I wonder what SW thought when they found out that Greg owned all the patents. At least that's the story I heard.

I've only messed with their pillbox suppressor, But talking with my Rep for them like @HansohnBrothers said the owner is the former Gemtech owner. So they should be a very quality product. What suppressor are you looking at? I've had the chance to shoot/ own a lot of the Multi caliber cans.
Looking at their multi cal.

That’s a really underrated comment because those accessories add up SO quick. Ask me how I know 😔
That's it exactly! Not only is it a quality can w/lifetime warranty, but getting two direct thread adapters (1/2x28 & 5/8x24), the Bi-Lock adapter, and two Bi-Lock flashhiders (1/ea both sizes) all in the package makes it a really good deal.

That's it exactly! Not only is it a quality can w/lifetime warranty, but getting two direct thread adapters (1/2x28 & 5/8x24), the Bi-Lock adapter, and two Bi-Lock flashhiders (1/ea both sizes) all in the package makes it a really good deal.
That actually amazes me and makes me want to buy from them in the future. My rifle can is a SiCo and they definitely don’t do that. 😂

Reactions: Nelius88
Since it's rated for .22LR through .300WinMag, and since it's not user serviceable, I asked Greg about how wise it was to shoot .22LR through it. He said that if I managed to plug it up shooting .22LR through it that he would replace it.
I just bought their Woodland .22LR suppresor instead, so the Multi-Cal only sees CF ammo.

Reactions: Nelius88

That's why I mentioned if he needs more bi lock adapters he should order them with the suppressor. I need a total of 4 of the 1/2 X 28.

Hello All!

Finally dropping in here...My name is Kevin, and I work with GSL Technology Suppressors.

I am NOT here to sell...I just want to offer some info, and answer any questions or requests for info.

GSL has certainly changed up the industry.
All GSL products all come with an unconditional lifetime warranty that we actually stand behind.

GSL is not in someone’s garage, we didn’t start less than 10 years ago.

We have been in business for over 40 years, and have ISO9001:2015 rating for our manufacturing process and 25,000sq ft facility in Jackson, Michigan.

As some have mentioned here, Greg Latka was indeed the President of Gemtech for over 20 years and was the head of their R&D.
We at GSL have continued to innovate and lead the industry with suppressor patents for design and function.
He owns 9 patents in this industry, including the Bilock disconnect and other suppressor advances.
We do not spend time with patents or dB reduction nearly as much as ensuring our cans have zero Point of Impact (POI) shift.

We have law enforcement agency sales all over the county and a great endorsement from the US Rifle Team here:

That’s all great, but what does GSL offer different?
  • We are dealer direct only, no middleman, not on silencershop.
  • We have incredible customer service.
    • You can reach us anytime on email, phone calls, or text and get a response within hours instead of days.
  • There are zero minimum orders.
  • No minimum stocking requirements or “Buy In”
  • We include EVERYTHING needed to fire our cans in the retail package
    • Cans that require a piston or adapter include it (just specify which thread pitch when ordering).
    • Cans that are Quick Disconnect (QD) include one of the QD Mounts in the box
    • You can purchase additional adapters or pistons of course, but one of them is included in the MSRP and dealer cost prices
  • We have an incredible selection of cans to suppress shots from .22 - 5.7 - .223/5.56 - 9mm - 6.5CM - 7.62 - .338 - 350 legend - .375 - STEN - .45 - .416barrett - .450 bushmaster - .50cal.....and many more.
  • We have our prices fixed at comparable or lower cost than many of our competitors.
  • We have many cans that are full auto rated.
  • We have our cans on border patrol weapons, many law enforcement agencies, the US Rifle Team, and many more.
PS: You can connect with me at: linktr.ee/iamkevinkinzer and see some other info on GSL, YouTube, social media, etc.

I am NOT here to sell...I just want to offer some info, and answer any questions or requests for info.

Thank you!
--
Kevin Kinzer
Dealer Sales Consultant | GSL Technology
(cell) 706.828.1770
[email protected]

Facebook: http://bit.ly/GSLFacebook
Instagram: http://bit.ly/GSL_Instagram
YouTube: http://bit.ly/KYoutubePlaylist
GSLmultical (5).jpg

Attachments

• 2_GSL-QRG-improved.pdf
    109.7 KB · Views: 102
@Old_Longhair
Ultrasonic cleaners really are not a problem.
using abrasives in them can sometimes damage aluminum and other metals though.
Honestly...how often do you clean your muffler on your car?
the same is true in the suppressor world. If you pull it apart every 200rounds or so and knock the grit out....you will be good to go for life.

;)
Thank you for the question!

PS:
See attached

Attachments

• 1millionRoundCan.png
    1millionRoundCan.png
    508.2 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
Reactions: Old_Longhair
I'm no professional, but I think there's some buildup in that Suppressor.... and i'm sure the dB reduction was horrid. :unsure:
Yep, just a bit of carbon buildup.... hehe. they fired it around 1.4million rounds on a rental range...never cleaned it once.
We sent them a new can, and they are still shooting that one!

also....you will run out of ammo or time before you can replicate this...lol

this was over 18 years of abuse...and they had to beat the can off the weapon

Yep, just a bit of carbon buildup.... hehe. they fired it around 1.4million rounds on a rental range...never cleaned it once.
We sent them a new can, and they are still shooting that one!

also....you will run out of ammo or time before you can replicate this...lol

this was over 18 years of abuse...and they had to beat the can off the weapon

18 years of FA fire at a range rental.. JEEZ.

That's 1500 Rounds a week, every week. Over 200 rds a day, every day....

Even the cheapest 9mm at $10/50.... $40/day. - $262,800 worth of ammo through it. Just wow.

Reactions: iamkevinkinzer
18 years of FA fire at a range rental.. JEEZ.

That's 1500 Rounds a week, every week. Over 200 rds a day, every day....

Even the cheapest 9mm at $10/50.... $40/day. - $262,800 worth of ammo through it. Just wow.

hahaha...I am glad someone did the math. I haven’t spent $200k on ammo in my entire lifetime...I doubt many have...(besides the gov of course!)

So, I don’t think you need to run it through an ultrasonic ;) hehe JMHO

Hello All!

Finally dropping in here...My name is Kevin, and I work with GSL Technology Suppressors.

GSL has certainly changed up the industry.
All GSL products all come with an unconditional lifetime warranty that we actually stand behind.

GSL is not in someone’s garage, we didn’t start less than 10 years ago.

We have been in business for over 40 years, and have ISO9001:2015 rating for our manufacturing process and 25,000sq ft facility in Jackson, Michigan.

As some have mentioned here, Greg Latka was indeed the President of Gemtech for over 20 years and was the head of their R&D.
We at GSL have continued to innovate and lead the industry with suppressor patents for design and function.
He owns 9 patents in this industry, including the Bilock disconnect and other suppressor advances.
We do not spend time with patents or dB reduction nearly as much as ensuring our cans have zero Point of Impact (POI) shift.

We have law enforcement agency sales all over the county and a great endorsement from the US Rifle Team here:

That’s all great, but what does GSL offer different?
  • We are dealer direct only, no middleman, not on silencershop.
  • We have incredible customer service.
    • You can reach us anytime on email, phone calls, or text and get a response within hours instead of days.
  • There are zero minimum orders.
  • No minimum stocking requirements or “Buy In”
  • We include EVERYTHING needed to fire our cans in the retail package
    • Cans that require a piston or adapter include it (just specify which thread pitch when ordering).
    • Cans that are Quick Disconnect (QD) include one of the QD Mounts in the box
    • You can purchase additional adapters or pistons of course, but one of them is included in the MSRP and dealer cost prices
  • We have an incredible selection of cans to suppress shots from .22 - 5.7 - .223/5.56 - 9mm - 6.5CM - 7.62 - .338 - 350 legend - .375 - STEN - .45 - .416barrett - .450 bushmaster - .50cal.....and many more.
  • We have our prices fixed at comparable or lower cost than many of our competitors.
  • We have many cans that are full auto rated.
  • We have our cans on border patrol weapons, many law enforcement agencies, the US Rifle Team, and many more.
PS: You can connect with me at: linktr.ee/iamkevinkinzer and see some other info on GSL, YouTube, social media, etc.

Thank you!
--
Kevin Kinzer
(cell) 706.828.1770
[email protected]

View attachment 7345962

What size suppressor cover should one get for the GSL Multi Cam. Length and Diameter? Any good suggestions for a brand?

GSL does not sell covers, and doesn't specifically recommend one brand, but I am quickly becoming a fan of the bowers silicon covers...seems like a great way to go unless you are trying to be tacti-cool... https://bowersgroup.com/product/griptasticsupcov-high-temp-silicone-silencer-covers/
1.5x8 will do the trick for the multical
they also fit easily in foam cases with your rifle...less bulky, awesome!

JMHO.
--
Kevin Kinzer
(cell) 706.828.1770
[email protected]

There are better options in today’s market. Advancements and best practices are not implemented as they have been with other mfgs.

GSL is old dog—new name. Which is fine I guess. Pretty sure Werther’s Original is still running the same reciepe they also came out with...but I wouldnt mention them in a discussion about candy either.

I cannot stress this enough. Stop asking people if they like thier particular suppressor. Ask them how it directly compares to other cans they own or have shot personally. If they have a large sample from personal experience—listen to them. Most of these experts only own 2 cans and have maybe been around a third. If that. Sure your SWAT guy likes his free can. Bet its his only can too...

Its like taking sex advice from the guy who just lost his virginity....

@bachelorjack ...you made me laugh ;)

Comparing GSL to werther's original....this guy.
1592364554786.png

I prefer to let the numbers speak....

GSL is not only the lightest weight can on the market, but we also have the smallest form factor...and the best possible warranty...and a great MSRP vs our competition.
If you can find a way to destroy our cans.....send it in for brand new can! Seriously.

We have cans that have been in service for over 20 years....and some of these name brands with "advancements" they have implemented.....they were in diapers when GSL was founded. You dont stay in business for over 40 years because you refuse to innovate.
In fact we own 9 patents in this industry...and have "Big name Suppressor Companies" paying us for rights to use our experience each time they sell a can.... ;) We prodcue private label suppressors for several other manufacturers out there...pretty common practice when you are the best at your craft.

We have over 30 models....and we have released four brand new cans in the past year, including the very popular MK9K made out of stamped fender washers 20 years ago....we have "advanced" our machining process and actually revamped this can for the GSL Phoenix suppressor. We now use cnc machine jetted cones instead of fender washers that you could make in your garage. This was able to drop the dB down AND get us a lighter weight can. This GSL Phoenix now does 40dB of reduction, for a 9mm!!! It's full auto rated, user serviceable suppressor....you can also use it on your UZI, Scorpion, MP5 of course, and 1/2x28 direct thread....
We have the most diverse selection of suppressor product line....and we include our pistons and a QD flash hider in the box instead of trying to charge additional for it like some of our competition.

We have some machines that are older than some of these fly-by-night just got my SOT 2 years ago "manufacturers" out there.

We dont try and sell flashlights, and guns, and pouches, and other products....nor rest on our past flashlight sales success to try and sell suppressors.
we are 100% a suppressor manufacturer and we are incredible at what we do.
If you want a burger, dont go to taco bell......likewise dont find a gun manufacturer for a suppressor.

There are cheaper products out there. I believe it 100% If you buy a cheaper suppressor....expect to get a cheaper suppressor.....
We could lower our cost a bit on larger caliber cans if we went with stainless steel like some of our competition, but we use the highest quality titanium and aluminum in our products, and never compromise.

I agree with your last comment 100% Definitely dont ask a guy with one suppressor if he likes it...or the guy who got paid to receive one....Of course he likes it....he doesnt know any better. The virginity comment is also funny!

I'd put GSL's quality suppressors next to our competition any day....and not scared hiding behind numbers.

Check out the sound difference of some of our product on youtube: http://bit.ly/KYoutubePlaylist

--
Kevin Kinzer
(cell) 706.828.1770
[email protected]

GSL_Phoenix_Photo (7).jpg

Im 100% aware of what your company does. How your cans have been designed and constructed both now and in the past. I’ve used your products side by side against your competitors products. Shit—Ive sold your products on this very board when we got done testing them...

Ive also seen firsthand the limitations of many of the things you still sell—just like those hard candies I mentioned. Take your bi-lock for instance. Back in the day it was revolutionary. Today its nostaligic like those hard candies in Grandpa’s pocket. Which were there because in HIS day they were the best thing available. But that boat has sailed.

Not once did I mention price. Who cares what it costs if your arent going to buy it?

I would also like to point out the Kevin Kinzer above was trying to sell these on Facebook Marketplace as “Titanium tubes -oil filters”.

As I sit here I realize we have spoken before...you and I. Makes me wonder how many other factory reps are on Facebook Marketplace advertising their products as such?

@bachelorjack You are entitled to your opinion. I wish you the very best.

Out of curiosity, what is your favorite suppressor on the market? Maybe just for 22 or 9mm or 5.56 as a start

Last edited:
No unfortunately. We do not do any form1 stuff. We wouldn’t offer our unconditional lifetime warranty on something that you can build with a drill press in your garage ;)

we do have a selection of accessories/flash hiders/etc you can purchase with cash , available at https://gsltechnology.com/product-category/accessories/

thank you for the question!
I'm not talking about the sort of simple stuff that you can do in the garage with a drill press. I just knew that you made components for other suppressor manufacturers, so that's why I asked about whether you'd sell to the public or not.

Gotcha. Yes we definitely do make entire suppressors under private label manufacturing. But really can’t sell components to individuals per ATF Regulation.

I’m looking to get into the 350 Legend game for MI and OH. What would make your new 350 Legend suppressor different than a user configurable 9mm suppressor (Griffin Rev 9 Mod 3) in appropriate rifle long configuration for bolt action rifle hunting where minimal shots would be fired?

My shooting buddy just got two GSL suppressors out of jail. The first was for his 338 Snipe Tac. No other suppressor manufacturer would step up to make a suppressor for it and he contacted them all. We shot it and it was hearing safe. No issues and the quality and finish were exceptional. The second was a 22 LR suppressor. It's the smallest and lightest 22 suppressor I've ever seen and I've seen them all. He owns six suppressors and I own five. Between the two of us we were impressed. He has a third GSL suppressor still waiting to be approved for his 450 Bushmaster. I couldn't tell you if it's old technology or not, but we were both pleased by the performance of both suppressors. I'm considering one for my 450 as well.