• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gucci Chassis

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
So I'm getting the aero chassis because I wanted an affordable option while I save up more money and because I was curious of the fit and finish.

That being said, obviously many of us have the grass is greener on the other side mentality and we look at possible upgrades in the future. What's your favorite higher end or more obscure chassis you'd want to upgrade to?

I've been eyeballing 3 recently:

JP Enterprises APAC. Many people say the weight system is excellent, the folder lockup is also excellent and it looks futuristic and well built
SPUHR SICS: I mean come on, it's Spuhr. You know it's quality. That thing is artwork, though I have heard of some issues with softer metal
Vision competition chassis: imo this is the most aesthetic chassis I've seen especially with the full length enclosed comp forend

What are ya'lls favorites?

I have an AT-X and Vision, absolutely love them.

Ahh yes! Forgot the AT-X. That one is beautiful too! Does it have a NV bridge?

Affirmative, the option exists in a short and long form. I don’t have NV, but have the full bridge for aesthetics.

AD7E4A01-22CD-49FE-808A-1CDAC175F586.jpeg

usually not a huge fan of Cadex but their new one looks like an improved AT-X

You can get the full NVG bridge, thumb shelf and adjustable mag latch height.

Affirmative, the option exists in a short and long form. I don’t have NV, but have the full bridge for aesthetics.

View attachment 8131498
I don’t see myself using a clip on night vision device either, but the look of an enclosed Forand is always a plus for aesthetics.

Into the guy above me, I’m a really big fan of the cadex chassis as well. If I make a big bore ELR rifle, I will probably use the dual strike.

Reactions: Maciej
The XLR envy pro isn't that Gucci, but the new C5 buttstock with a mdt folder, it's still one the best chassis out there, has as low of bore height as the atx and tracks just as well. I do love all my atx Chassis however my first love was the envy pro when I bought my first one 3 years ago. They have an adjustable mag latch now, which the atx does not, they're ambidextrous, atx is not, the atx had such a high cheek, a 1.5" mount is bare minimum, their shortest lop is 13.3", it's just lacking some adjustability.

The XLR envy pro isn't that Gucci, but the new C5 buttstock with a mdt folder, it's still one the best chassis out there, has as low of bore height as the atx and tracks just as well. I do love all my atx Chassis however my first love was the envy pro when I bought my first one 3 years ago. They have an adjustable mag latch now, which the atx does not, they're ambidextrous, atx is not, the atx had such a high cheek, a 1.5" mount is bare minimum, their shortest lop is 13.3", it's just lacking some adjustability.
Agreed. I went with an Envy Pro as well. For the same reasons. Haven’t received it yet.

For appearance ... I like the KRG Whiskey with the enclosed forend

And the Matrix

So I'm getting the aero chassis because I wanted an affordable option while I save up more money and because I was curious of the fit and finish.

That being said, obviously many of us have the grass is greener on the other side mentality and we look at possible upgrades in the future. What's your favorite higher end or more obscure chassis you'd want to upgrade to?

I've been eyeballing 3 recently:

JP Enterprises APAC. Many people say the weight system is excellent, the folder lockup is also excellent and it looks futuristic and well built
SPUHR SICS: I mean come on, it's Spuhr. You know it's quality. That thing is artwork, though I have heard of some issues with softer metal
Vision competition chassis: imo this is the most aesthetic chassis I've seen especially with the full length enclosed comp forend

What are ya'lls favorites?
I have 2 Vision chassis and a W3. I love those Visions. The W3 is probably the most comfortable chassis I've had, but for competition, the Vision is where it's at for me. It's very well thought out and just works well and is faster for me to get on. It also looks pretty awesome.

I can’t believe how many people like the JAE. It looks like Hogue tried to make an overmolded KRG Bravo for airsoft.

But whatever man.

Aesthetically, the Matrix Pro, the Foundation Centurion and the Manners TCS look the best.

I own, XLR, KRG, FOUNDATION, and MPA and find they all have their own feel but shoot the same with practice and familiarity.

Maybe it’s a euro/commonwealth thing. Cadex rigs never look quite right to me either.

Of course asking about aesthetic preferences is like asking about LS swaps at a mustang convention.

Does anyone know if the AT-X for rem 700 takes AW mags for receivers cut for them?

Does anyone know if the AT-X for rem 700 takes AW mags for receivers cut for them?
I've heard it works, there's a magazine stop built into the action designed for aics mags. Keeps them from riding too high. Remove that and run AW into the action cut. I've read a few guys having luck with that. The only aw cut action I have is a fuzion, in 6bra. It doesn't run well from aw at all no matter what chassis.

I heard the 2 lug AW cut mags sometimes have issues. I'm waiting for my CDG to come in

My friend Greg Connoyer has one of those, but something about chassis like these or the AI just appeal to me so much
You should listen to Rob. This is like your first piece of pussy. What you think you want and what you really want/end up with arent going to be the same. Many of us have been through just about all of them to finallly settle on what we like. Manners TCS, Foundation Centurion, Matrix Pro and the newest XLR Envy Pro are some of the better ones out there. JAE looks and feels like a barbie doll and is stupid expensive for what you get and AI is fanboi shit with terrible ergonomics and features. The new Spuhr looks nice but hard to tell unless you get time behind one.

• Haha
Reactions: Misfit_ and OREGUN
You should listen to Rob. This is like your first piece of pussy. What you think you want and what you really want/end up with arent going to be the same. Many of us have been through just about all of them to finallly settle on what we like. Manners TCS, Foundation Centurion, Matrix Pro and the newest XLR Envy Pro are some of the better ones out there. JAE looks and feels like a barbie doll and is stupid expensive for what you get and AI is fanboi shit with terrible ergonomics and features. The new Spuhr looks nice but hard to tell unless you get time behind one.
I like the ergos of chassis. My experience with them is mostly with MPA BA Comp and KRG W3 and i like them a lot. Been behind a few of the newer ASR rifles from AI when they switched the pistol grip and i like the feel. Just getting other opinions while i search out if anyone near me has one that i can test out. I'm in the houston area so it shouldnt be TOO hard

Atx ergos are very similar to the envy pro jv, have multiples of both. Unfortunately to get it to fit me properly I had to get the anarchy outdoor AI AT low cheek piece, add folder, and change the butt pad to get it to fit me properly. I also dumped the limbsaver pads on my envy pro chassis as well.

What people like in a chassis' is a very subjective and differs from person to person. I agree that you don't really know what your own individual preferences are until you handle (and probably own) a few different kinds. My own rifles went through a few different iterations of parts (actions, chassis', etc.) until I found what worked best for me and my preferences.

I happen to really, really like the JAE, but I agree in that it's not the best value proposition at $2k+. That's a lot of money to spend, especially if you've never handled one. When they first came out they were ahead of their time on some of their features, but a lot of manufacturers have caught up. I find them the most comfortable, I really like some of the features, and prefer the ergo's over traditional chassis' with AR style pistol grips. I also dislike how some all metal chassis' act like tuning forks. I wouldn't trade any of mine for any of the current chassis' on the market. But that said it's hard to recommend one to someone who's never tried one and is unsure what they like and dislike in a chassis'/stock, especially at the price.

I generally do not get along with AI ergonomics, but the AT-X is a step in the right direction. MDT looks like they are making very good chassis', they would be a strong consideration if I was to buy a chassis' today. So would the KRG Whiskey-3 Competition or C-4 chassis. Manner's makes good stuff, I can see why people like them, but they just don't really fit me. The XLR Envy looks intriguing. Foundation's are nice, if you go that route make sure you get the model that fits you.

Reactions: ddavis
Is the XLR Envy that much different from the XLR Element?

there are a bunch of chassis that could run you under 500 dollars but your going to buy what ever it is you like the most and it should be like that
krg makes one or a couple that are not all that expensive ,
mdt also has an xlr that only 400 ish dollars ( and while I am not sure exactly how much mine will cost yet to have one custom cut for my 300 win mag I have chosen it for mi needs ) , best of luck to you with which ever you get no matter the brand or name .

MDT ACC Elite is the best chassis I've laid hands on, by a wide margin.

I've owned Manners (PRS1/2 and the TCS), Foundations (Centurion), XLR Envy, Matrix and Matrix Pro, AT and AX (both the rifles and the chassis), MPA BA Comps and the ACC Premier.

The Elite out paces them all in every category IMO. I was a die hard Foundation fanboi and they are still great stocks. But the ACC is every bit as dead as my Centurion was and infinitely better from an ergonomic stand point. I'm 5' 9" and be able to drop the length of pull to around 12.25" is a God send. Being able to fit the gun to you, in every way, cannot be overstated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron23
Is the XLR Envy that much different from the XLR Element?
Element is stripped down, envy pro has a longer forend, adjustable mag latch, and a better bridge design.

Foundation centurion, super ass heavy, with a heavy arca and brass wights plus a ckyepod and a heavy comp contour 28" barrel, it was still a lil butt heavy, needs an 1.250 straight really.

OLDER mdt ACC, didn't like the butt section, non adjustable latch, felt very harmonic, pinged when shot, maybe needed bedding.

Arc Xylo, lots of flexibility, easy to adjust, has a high bore height to rail(don't like), love the recoil lug clamp, prob best of all designs, non adjustable mag latch, but does have multiple or fitable latches.

Bravo, we'll it's a basic bitch. Ugly not much for adjustment unless you nickel and dime that thing to death, like all krg products. Cept the new C4, but that thing better have everything and a kitchen sink for the near 2k price tag.

Matrix, also needs an 1.250 straight for balance, really liked the 90° trigger finger grip, didn't like the set screws VS thumb wheel locks for adjustment, minimum LOP is too long and requires a kit to go below 13.5 I believe.

I've settled on the envy pro and atx as my two fav chassis. Once you throw the folder and a bag rider on atx, you need a heavy barrel, hvy varm, comp, or straight taper for balance. This is all without weights. I don't like weights and prefer barrel mass. With a pacmeyer pad I can get minimum LOP down to 12.8" which is where I like it for barricades and most positional. Easy to pull out to 13.5 for prone stages.
Tbe xlr can be balanced with a marksman contour without adding weights, so can be as light as 14-15#, or you can go full retard with all weights and run it at mid 20s. I personally feel it's the most dynamic chassis for full range of adjustment. I know a lot of guys like a full length long rails out front and the XLR has nose extensions, its just very adaptable. The falkor rok chassis has kinda caught my eye too, as they are local to me, will hae to drop by and fondle one.

Reactions: st1650 and MxTexas
Element is stripped down, envy pro has a longer forend, adjustable mag latch, and a better bridge design.

Foundation centurion, super ass heavy, with a heavy arca and brass wights plus a ckyepod and a heavy comp contour 28" barrel, it was still a lil butt heavy, needs an 1.250 straight really.

OLDER mdt ACC, didn't like the butt section, non adjustable latch, felt very harmonic, pinged when shot, maybe needed bedding.

Arc Xylo, lots of flexibility, easy to adjust, has a high bore height to rail(don't like), love the recoil lug clamp, prob best of all designs, non adjustable mag latch, but does have multiple or fitable latches.

Bravo, we'll it's a basic bitch. Ugly not much for adjustment unless you nickel and dime that thing to death, like all krg products. Cept the new C4, but that thing better have everything and a kitchen sink for the near 2k price tag.

Matrix, also needs an 1.250 straight for balance, really liked the 90° trigger finger grip, didn't like the set screws VS thumb wheel locks for adjustment, minimum LOP is too long and requires a kit to go below 13.5 I believe.

I've settled on the envy pro and atx as my two fav chassis. Once you throw the folder and a bag rider on atx, you need a heavy barrel, hvy varm, comp, or straight taper for balance. This is all without weights. I don't like weights and prefer barrel mass. With a pacmeyer pad I can get minimum LOP down to 12.8" which is where I like it for barricades and most positional. Easy to pull out to 13.5 for prone stages.
Tbe xlr can be balanced with a marksman contour without adding weights, so can be as light as 14-15#, or you can go full retard with all weights and run it at mid 20s. I personally feel it's the most dynamic chassis for full range of adjustment. I know a lot of guys like a full length long rails out front and the XLR has nose extensions, its just very adaptable. The falkor rok chassis has kinda caught my eye too, as they are local to me, will hae to drop by and fondle one.
That's very insightful! I'm getting an MPA blank done up sinc they cn get it to ryan hunt for chambering and i can get it all done in 8wks or so. It's their match contour, so 1.20" shank diameter, 8in shank, taper to 1.0" at the muzzle at 26". so that should be plenty front heavy