• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Guided meat hunt.

Rant Durden

Calmer than you
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2018
I’m graduating from varmint and bird hunting and want to go for either deer or antelope. I’m looking for a guided or semi-guided meat hunt somewhere in the western US. Prefer an outfit that can help me and my boy learn the basics.
I have most of the gear I’ll likely need.

I’m graduating from varmint and bird hunting and want to go for either deer or antelope. I’m looking for a guided or semi-guided meat hunt somewhere in the western US. Prefer an outfit that can help me and my boy learn the basics.
I have most of the gear I’ll likely need.
Deer is going to give you more meat and more hunting knowledge than antelope. Antelope is very fun, but it's fast moving. No recommendations for guides.

Reactions: Rant Durden
Questions for guides,

1) what reasons justify staying in camp.
2) do they stay in camp if it's raining
3) do they stay in camp if it's cold
_______
In my opinion any reason other than "I'll stay in camp if the Hunter dosent want to go out is a deal breaker.

How many miles will they walk in an average day hunt? If you are sure you can easily do 12 miles in the terriane and at the altitude (with your pack and rifle) you may not want a 2 mile guide.

Ask for references. When you call the references ask how many years they hunted with this guide. Good guides will have the same hunters year after year. Get in shape for the hunt. Be prepared to help.