• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gun Buyback in Alexandria LA

ccasanova

Private
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2010
Southeast LA

A buddy forwarded this to me. The American Capitalist in me wants to setup down the road and offer $75/$125, then resell them on Gunbroker ?

Seriously, I can’t believe this stuff is still going on.

Wont be taking down license plate #'s. Bwahahahahahhahaha

Some guy in Seattle did really well for himself a few years ago. Stood right outside the door of the buyback and got first pick of everything for 10 bucks over buyback price.

I liked the story about the gun enthusiast that offered to pay more than 200 dollars for the people's guns sadly the cops arrested him for interfering with there buy back never heard what happened in the end with him .

Funny story and 100% true.
Several years ago a good friend had inherited an old gunsmith's "junk pile" as he called it. He spent a year or so at night rummaging thru parts and piecing together guns but, when he got all that he could get to (or close) working order, there was still a parts pile left. He read in the news that the local NAACP was holding a gun buy back in a couple weeks at the local mall. The bounty was a $50 gift cert for any store at the mall. My buddy pieced all he could together to make them at least to resemble a firearm and hauled 50 of them down to the mall. As they helped get them all from his car to the buy back location one commented "I don't know a lot about guns but it doesn't look like some of these would work." The response was priceless. "If you see anything you think MIGHT work let me know and I'll take it home with me." :ROFLMAO:
He spent the whole $2500 on Craftsman tools.

I'm damn glad I don't live in Alexandria anymore!!! Left late '80's just before England AFB was closed.

Would like to see some pictures maybe on Facebook or Instagram or the kind of guns they got

Reactions: shoot4fun
I never would have expected that part of LA getting into this kind of cheezyness. New Orleans maybe but dang.

Would like to see some pictures maybe on Facebook or Instagram or the kind of guns they got
The NAACP or SCLC will usually do a "buyback" during February every year in Birmingham. Most of the time, whenever they do, the guns shown by the local TV news crews are 99% non working. Some even have grips held on with tape and a few very illegal hacksawed shotguns.
Stolen firearms never go thru one of these programs. My son's stolen revolver was recovered after almost two years and I understand from local LE it was one of the guns that were traced back to a particular theft ring.

The Alexandria, La mayor also has dirt on his hands for sending the local police chief home for a uplifting Facebook post To his Department.