• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gun mounted notes

Coltsp1

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2019
I am looking for a device the i can write ballistics on the mounts to my scope or rails. I remember one years ago that pulled out and retracted like a tape measure. Any info on something of this nature would be appreciated.

EBay have this kind of stuff.
Screenshot_20210501-073228_Chrome.jpg

My holds and adjustments are in my head.
A weatherproof notebook for gnarly conditions, and the odd wonky shot.🙄🤭.
I have printed data sheets at home in the study, where I add complete writeups.
This site has downloadable dope sheets as well.

My holds and adjustments are in my head.
A weatherproof notebook for gnarly conditions, and the odd wonky shot.🙄🤭.
I have printed data sheets at home in the study, where I add complete writeups.
This site has downloadable dope sheets as well.
I wish i capable, but i have several different setups that i might go a year without shooting

I cut out index cards to fit the scope cap, wrote my data on them, and put a piece of clear packing tape over it to give it at least a little protection from the rain. 3 hunting seasons, including some rain and snow, and they still look good. Another cheap option.

I’m using the cole-tac data card holder. Simple and cheap.

mostly have used theversion that interfaces the spuhr, but also have the pic mount version. i could use the pens, but tend to swap out painters tape or notecards clippedon. can change em out at will.

Id start with the Cole Tac since its $24 and see if this is how you want to run your dope. Some still prefer to use wrist cards, so play around with each and then go from there.

This all seems like tape and a print-out, but with extra steps.

I am sure that the ease of not tilting your head over to see your DOPE is beneficial in LR target shooting. However, me being the dumb Redneck out in the field hunting...field crap happens...and hooking extra game-changing pieces of equipment on stuff and breaking it becomes more of a reality when you're walking further than from your Prius to the firing line.

Either printed out and taped to the stock/inside of the eyepiece cap, or written directly onto duct tape on the stock. I also always have a "master" back at the house as the taped versions will undoubtedly get rubbed off or fade.

You can put that saved $25 towards 100 primers these days...

This all seems like tape and a print-out, but with extra steps.

I am sure that the ease of not tilting your head over to see your DOPE is beneficial in LR target shooting. However, me being the dumb Redneck out in the field hunting...field crap happens...and hooking extra game-changing pieces of equipment on stuff and breaking it becomes more of a reality when you're walking further than from your Prius to the firing line.

Either printed out and taped to the stock/inside of the eyepiece cap, or written directly onto duct tape on the stock. I also always have a "master" back at the house as the taped versions will undoubtedly get rubbed off or fade.

You can put that saved $25 towards 100 primers these days...
I’d say this is absolutely more towards on the clock and PRS type shooting. Field is a different thing entirely and anything that can snag, will.

Reactions: diggler1833
I’d say this is absolutely more towards on the clock and PRS type shooting. Field is a different thing entirely and anything that can snag, will.

I 100 percent agree with you. I just didn't see intended use, and since the OP mentioned going a year between using a rifle I figured they might be looking at a hunting setup.

Cole-Tac my favorite. Also have a Sidewinder Industries I got from Short Action Precision that also works very well.