• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gun purchases with CC now traceable

This is kind of somewhat old hat.
So they are going to have a new merchant code that applies to all firearms sellers?
That's mostly to make it easier to screw the gun stores.
It's not like they didn't already know merchant ID # xxx was a gun seller.

Many would probably be a bit freaked out if they knew exactly how much everybody that wants to pay, can know about your purchases based on your credit card.
Google openly buys up all the transaction data they can, to use to prove to companies that their advertisements to an individual affected that individual's actual purchase...

That data is big money.

Big Tech pretty much has most folks that use any kind of credit cards or shopping rewards or such, very well pegged to exactly what they buy, when and how often and where they go and all that stuff. If you use your credit cards at gun stores, online or in person, you can be 100% sure Big Tech has you listed as a gun owner and active gun "enthusiast".

You talk with your shooting buddies on ZuckerFace's products that are "free", well they have all your stuff, including all those private messages and chats, fully logged and searchable and ready to provide lists to anyone paying.

You've got your iPhone because you believe all that stuff about Apple and privacy, well if you have iCloud sync turned on, all your photos are going to them and they are able to easily build up profiles of what you have and where you go.

You have any cellphone? Pretty much it's building a log of where you go, that is up for sale to anyone with money.
Your cell phone knows which gun store you went to.

Folks don't think big data be like it is, but it is.

This kind of BS is exactly what makes Bitcoin attractive. Untraceable & Completely out of their control. If the Clown Show keeps current pace Cripto will keep grabbing market share.

Reactions: 338dude
What the fuck do I care if some jackass knows I bought a gun/have a gun? I have a bunch of them - all legal. I buy parts and magazines and primers and powder and bullets and grips and gunsmithing services. I buy whatever the fuck I want and I pay for it with a CC.

I'm a proud US Gun Aficionado and I really do not care who thinks they need to keep track of my transactions or catalog me.....What the fuck would I be worried about? I don't cheat, steal, cheat on my taxes, or any of that stuff. I am good old plain American up front and honest. I own guns and I buy ammunition and components and all manner of legal stuff so why the fuck am I supposed to cower cause I use my CC and everyone knows it?

Anyone scared of being tracked is a pussy. Everyone I know knows I have firearms and am a proud 2A advocate. Fuck everyone else. Pussies.

VooDoo

What about those pre-purchase CCs they sell at stores?
fee2d1f7-9c8e-4bed-a7e6-daefc0f904c9_text.gif

Visa did push back:

In a letter obtained by CBS News, sent by Visa on Wednesday in response to congressional Democrats who supported the plan, the company said, “We believe that asking payment networks to serve as a moral authority by deciding which legal goods can or cannot be purchased sets a dangerous precedent.”

Visa wrote, “We understood Amalgamated Bank’s request to be justified, at least in part, by an interest in blocking transactions that would fall under such a new category, and Visa’s rules expressly prohibit blocking of legal transactions under an MCC.”…

This kind of BS is exactly what makes Bitcoin attractive. Untraceable & Completely out of their control. If the Clown Show keeps current pace Cripto will keep grabbing market share.

Actually, bitcoin is very easily tracked if you actually use it in any kind of trades or commerce.
Anybody that wants can know exactly how much is in each wallet and where every transaction went from and came from, since the very beginning.

The IRS and governments all around the world have started taking a keen interest in tracking bitcoin assets and any exchanges or commerce places that deal in it are going to turn over any data requested by the tax authorities.

IF you use your bitcoin in regular commerce, buying, selling, exchanging, transferring through institutions and such, it's not a big stretch for any government or big tech types to pin it to you.

Sure if you use it like cash on the black market and never let it touch you or connect to you in any way, all good, but then you aren't going to be using that easily to do your daily gun store shopping or groceries.

Until the overlords ban crypto. Which is coming by the way.

Eventually there will be national or supernational digital currencies as legal tender.
When that happens, they will update their coinage rules to say no using other cryptos, just like why you can't start making your own currency for widespread use.

China for example was a huge hotbed of Crypto until the government decided it was a bad thing and clamped down hard on it.

Something like Bitcoin that takes huge amounts of electricity to make work, is even easier to convince the sheep that it needs to be restricted, regulated and brought under control. All the criminals and hackers demanding payments in bitcoin isn't going to help any when the governments decide everybody is comfortable enough with digital funny money that it's time to take it over.

I'm sort of of the opinion that the whole crypto mania is actually a cover for getting the public used to a new one world digital currency that will track every cent you get and spend, giving the governments of the world unprecedented complete control over your wealth on a granular level never before imagined.

It's always been traceable. It's just now traceable in a different way. This is more than anything a way to spy on people. For example the authorities in California can go around any of the actual gun stores to get information. They could for example say, "We want all of the gun (or ammo) data from anyone with an address in the zip code 98067" and if you show up on their list then they can take it from there.

They can easily with this information create a very specific list of all the consumers making those kind of purchases regardless of if they were done in other states or not.

Reactions: lash
Not if it's in airplane made unless you make a call.

Airplane mode don't be like you think it is.
It was demonstrated years ago that you could actually power down your iPhone or if shut down from running out of battery, it appeared dead to you, but it still kept on collecting all your location data and then uploaded it next time you connected to anything.

Sure you could rip the radio stuff out of your phone and never ever have it connected to any online service, but then okay what's the point of having it.
If it can ever make a call, or get a data connection, there goes the uploads.

Also some of the e911 stuff is probably still active even in airplane mode.

Plus it has been demonstrated that even with no radios on at all, the phones are capable of transmitting outbound data with IR through the cases and there are systems in use that can upload and download data to phones based on speakers and microphones using audio frequencies you can't hear.
If you are concerned about your cell phone, well just leave it at home and don't wear your smart watch either.
Oh and your cell phone even in flight mode might be listening to your conversations and reporting keywords back to Zuckerface when it next gets a data connection. (If you have any of Zuckerface's products on the phone).

Visa did push back:

In a letter obtained by CBS News, sent by Visa on Wednesday in response to congressional Democrats who supported the plan, the company said, “We believe that asking payment networks to serve as a moral authority by deciding which legal goods can or cannot be purchased sets a dangerous precedent.”

Visa wrote, “We understood Amalgamated Bank’s request to be justified, at least in part, by an interest in blocking transactions that would fall under such a new category, and Visa’s rules expressly prohibit blocking of legal transactions under an MCC.”…
It's really a very quick step to China like social spying on American citizens.

Hopefully it gets outlawed and violations of even having it in place to carry stuff criminal penalties.

Reactions: Llatikcuf
What the fuck do I care if some jackass knows I bought a gun/have a gun? I have a bunch of them - all legal. I buy parts and magazines and primers and powder and bullets and grips and gunsmithing services. I buy whatever the fuck I want and I pay for it with a CC.

I'm a proud US Gun Aficionado and I really do not care who thinks they need to keep track of my transactions or catalog me.....What the fuck would I be worried about? I don't cheat, steal, cheat on my taxes, or any of that stuff. I am good old plain American up front and honest. I own guns and I buy ammunition and components and all manner of legal stuff so why the fuck am I supposed to cower cause I use my CC and everyone knows it?

Anyone scared of being tracked is a pussy. Everyone I know knows I have firearms and am a proud 2A advocate. Fuck everyone else. Pussies.

VooDoo

Big talk until you go to buy a box of ammo and it's denied because you have a low ESG score. If you don't think that's what they have in mind you're kidding yourself.

Big talk until you go to buy a box of ammo and it's denied because you have a low ESG score. If you don't think that's what they have in mind you're kidding yourself.
Stock up now on powder and primers.
Avoid the lines and gestapo later.

This is kind of somewhat old hat.
So they are going to have a new merchant code that applies to all firearms sellers?
That's mostly to make it easier to screw the gun stores.
It's not like they didn't already know merchant ID # xxx was a gun seller.

Many would probably be a bit freaked out if they knew exactly how much everybody that wants to pay, can know about your purchases based on your credit card.
Google openly buys up all the transaction data they can, to use to prove to companies that their advertisements to an individual affected that individual's actual purchase...

That data is big money.

Big Tech pretty much has most folks that use any kind of credit cards or shopping rewards or such, very well pegged to exactly what they buy, when and how often and where they go and all that stuff. If you use your credit cards at gun stores, online or in person, you can be 100% sure Big Tech has you listed as a gun owner and active gun "enthusiast".

You talk with your shooting buddies on ZuckerFace's products that are "free", well they have all your stuff, including all those private messages and chats, fully logged and searchable and ready to provide lists to anyone paying.

You've got your iPhone because you believe all that stuff about Apple and privacy, well if you have iCloud sync turned on, all your photos are going to them and they are able to easily build up profiles of what you have and where you go.

You have any cellphone? Pretty much it's building a log of where you go, that is up for sale to anyone with money.
Your cell phone knows which gun store you went to.

Folks don't think big data be like it is, but it is.
Yep, be fucking sure, the ballot mules in 2024 will not be carrying thier phones and taking ballot selfies to get paid.

not that your cc company does not sell your information to god knows who anyway dirty government agency or terrorist organization the highest bidder wins .

Reactions: deersniper
It was demonstrated years ago that you could actually power down your iPhone or if shut down from running out of battery, it appeared dead to you, but it still kept on collecting all your location data and then uploaded it next time you connected to anything.

Sure you could rip the radio stuff out of your phone and never ever have it connected to any online service, but then okay what's the point of having it.

Plus it has been demonstrated that even with no radios on at all, the phones are capable of transmitting outbound data with IR through the cases and there are systems in use that can upload and download data to phones based on speakers and microphones using audio frequencies you can't hear.
If you are concerned about your cell phone, well just leave it at home and don't wear your smart watch either.
Oh and your cell phone even in flight mode might be listening to your conversations and reporting keywords back to Zuckerface when it next gets a data connection. (If you have any of Zuckerface's products on the phone).

I don't have an IPhone and I don't have a google account

JJE Capitol (PSA et.al) announced a year or two ago that they will be opening a bank/financial institution. The last update from JJE's owner about a month ago:

"We are authorized to issue the CC and can issue it at anytime, we purchased a solid ownership percentage in a bank and have a credit card processing company set up.

We also developed a social media web site called bravvox.com that is done and could be launched if we wanted to.

A significant amount of capital was invested in this. Being quite honest the project became a huge distraction from the ammo plant which is our main focus. We wanted to partner with someone already in this space to manage it as we have no experience in managing finance and IT companies. This partner never materialized and we did not want to launch without them. Investing in something and managing it are two different things. If we find a solid partner that we trust to launch and manage these projects we will move forward."

They have previously expressed their concerns regarding existing banking/credit card companies denying purchases of lawful and constitutionally protected firearms, ammo and other items and are preparing for that.

Reactions: atomic41
It doesn't matter how sneaky and tricky you think you are with your cellphone.
It is tracking you, recording what you say whenever it's close enough to you to record.
Doesn't matter if it's shut down, doesn't matter if the battery is dead.....doesn't matter what accounts you have.
You know that little thing called IMEI ?
International Mobile Equipment Identity
Yea, that fucking thing.

It's tracking your ass and it has no mercy, it is a machine, you can't reason with it, you cannot trust it.
It has no heart.

I hope they do but PSA will still have to use visa mastercard for the processing. They have it locked up need a competitor for that.

Do you have an Android phone?
Yes and I still don't have a google account. Works just fine without it.

I also know how to navigate the world without the internet or a cell phone. I'm old enough to have learned how.

I thought minus some full custom OS those android (aka google) phones always “phoned home” with all sorts of data

Google has always been big on your data being their product

Plus green texts are annoying

Reactions: W54/XM-388
It doesn't matter how sneaky and tricky you think you are with your cellphone.
It is tracking you, recording what you say whenever it's close enough to you to record.
Doesn't matter if it's shut down, doesn't matter if the battery is dead.....doesn't matter what accounts you have.
You know that little thing called IMEI ?
International Mobile Equipment Identity
Yea, that fucking thing.
It's tracking your ass and it has no mercy, it is a machine, you can't reason with it, you cannot trust it.
It has no heart.
Sorry, but if you’re that paranoid it’s time to trash your phone….. excuse me… machine 🤣
EVERY device is tracking / “watching“ us

I also know how to navigate the world without the internet or a cell phone. I'm old enough to have learned how.

The entire OS is built to provide Google with a data stream they can monetize.
It doesn't matter all that much if you don't have google account, google has an account setup for each phone so to speak.

But it sounds like you are the type that knows how to leave it at home and go around without it when you don't want as much tracking.

Sorry, but if you’re that paranoid it’s time to trash your phone….. excuse me… machine 🤣
EVERY device is tracking / “watching“ us

I think perhaps you missed the point of what he was trying to say.
It's not paranoia when you simply understand how difficult it is to stop a device literally built to spy on you, from doing it's designed job.
Some of us are just trying to explain to those still under the illusion that there are simple steps to have all your privacy in the digital world, that nope, it's not simple, and not easy and is rather easy to slip up on.

It's not paranoia when you simply understand how difficult it is to stop a device literally built to spy on you, from doing it's designed job.
Some of us are just trying to explain to those still under the illusion that there are simple steps to have all your privacy in the digital world, that nope, it's not simple, and not easy and is rather easy to slip up on.
I understand, but used the wrong words. It’s almost impossible to not let them spy on you, we are watched all the time.

Knowing just sucks, sometimes you just want steak.

The entire OS is built to provide Google with a data stream they can monetize.
It doesn't matter all that much if you don't have google account, google has an account setup for each phone so to speak.

But it sounds like you are the type that knows how to leave it at home and go around without it when you don't want as much tracking.

Who would ever think of writing down license plate numbers of cars identical in appearance to theirs?

Wait…. So someone thought that anything bought via a cc isn’t traceable?

In retail it’s literally called traceable tender….

News flash that just about everything is traceable.

Even though the personal user data was masked to us (just seen as a number code), we could see everything you looked at on our site, link that to your cc and then see what you buy in the store so we could better understand how online browsing affected offline behavior.

We could also see how often you go to McDonalds and then weren’t buying any workout equipment or gym memberships. Newsflash - you need to do more pull-ups.

And this was a private entity that you willingly gave your data to just by accessing it and shopping there. There are companies that claim to have over 50k points of data on most Americans. This was years ago.

Just imagine what more nefarious parties can see and collect/triangulate.

Last edited:

just buy a flip phone

Not if it's in airplane made unless you make a call.

Airplane mode doesn't stop your phone from receiving location signals, building a log, and transmitting that information the next time you briefly connect.

There's also no guarantee that airplane mode does anything in the first place. There are 3rd-party apps and even OS settings that will override airplane mode, and that's assuming you trust that the mode does what it claims in the first place.

On a related note, you might also not want to trust your browser's incognito mode.

If you're not using a Faraday cage of some type, assume that two-way comms are occurring. And if you are using technology to block RF, still assume that dead reckoning is still a possibility.

I'm wondering if so many conservatives are obtuse about this stuff because they're in denial about wholeheartedly supporting such measures during the Bush years. Not aiming this comment specifically at you; it's more of a general statement spurred by a variety of recent observations and conversations.