• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gun related 3d printer files

I’ll be honest, I was turned away from SLA printing when I found out how brittle the materials were and have gotten lost in the world of FDM. Looks like I have some research to do and get my SLA printer fired back up. What resin should I look into?

I’ll be honest, I was turned away from SLA printing when I found out how brittle the materials were and have gotten lost in the world of FDM. Looks like I have some research to do and get my SLA printer fired back up. What resin should I look into?

I use 3/4 PRUSA Tough Resin and 1/4 Siraya Blu. Takes away all the brittleness. Actually I've used the Blu with many different resins as an additive. Works well. I've never had really good luck with the strength between layers with FMD models. I've got a lot of functional models made with my FMD printer, but none that I would recommend for use on a firearm.

One other bit of advice, keep in mind the shrinkage of PLA models once they are cured.

Last edited:
Reactions: WolfThorn
Some of the useful stuff I’ve done with my 3D printer or other DIY:

Pelican 1040 .22 LR ammo insert for Lapua/SK/Wolf racks
View attachment 7328874

Modified Amazon arca clamp to a 2-bolt attachment
View attachment 7328876

Ruger BX-1 2 magazine + 200 rds.22 LR Pelican 1060 insert
View attachment 7328885
View attachment 7328886

Vudoo magazine flag block with Logo
View attachment 7328889

MDT ACC bag rider
View attachment 7328891
View attachment 7328892

Vudoo Mag extension
View attachment 7328895

Tikka T1x Extended Mag release
View attachment 7328903

100 rd. .22 LR ammo insert for Agency Arms barrel case
View attachment 7328905

Athlon Ares BTR Parallax Knob Wheel
View attachment 7328914
View attachment 7328915View attachment 7328920

CZ 455/457 +3 mag extension
View attachment 7328916View attachment 7328917

MDT ACC/Tikka T1x Mag Sleeve
View attachment 7328918View attachment 7328919
I'm going to have to give the parallax nob a try

Not particularly gun related, but I sketched up a miter gauge to replace one I broke, and a magnetic work stop spider for a 3 jaw scroll chuck. If anyone happens to need such things. Both are up on thingiverse.

Reactions: BullGear
Not particularly gun related, but I sketched up a miter gauge to replace one I broke, and a magnetic work stop spider for a 3 jaw scroll chuck. If anyone happens to need such things. Both are up on thingiverse.

Very nice. Did you find these files on line???

My 3D printed Vudoo/AICS Mag blocks are available again. New design that doesn't interfere with the Vudoo extraction hooks.

I'm also doing an insert for the pelican 1040 case to hold 200 rounds of 22LR. The stock case is designed around the Lapua / SK ammo racks, but I can modify it for other types if needed.

I have some pre-printed inserts available.

Ifyou want your name or customized text in it I would have to print those to order.

Colors currently available are gold, copper, silver, transparent red, solid red, navy blue, silk blue, silk Orange, and matte black. I only have a couple of each color pre-printed, if the color isn't available I can print more.
signal-2021-01-22-085940.jpg

IMG_2411.JPG

signal-2021-01-22-085808.jpg
PXL_20210108_143143796.PORTRAIT.jpg

Reactions: 1500varmint

Reactions: 1500varmint
Here is another article. With the proper paperwork this would be an interesting project.

Same results I have achieved printing 22 suppressors out of PETG, around a 50 rnd life. 3D printing is an easy way to proof out internal geometry before going all out with machined parts for testing. The fact that all the nessaccery ATF identification can be printed right on the part instead of having to engrave the tube separately is a bonus. And yes, I am Class 3 SOT

So wondering is one of you guys could print a bullet holder insert for the harbor freight apache cases the 1800 and 2800. Would life to see with a 3D printer insert how many rounds you could get in there. If it was reasonably priced I would be in for a few for sure

Reactions: zenbike
That has to be the best upgrade for the FA. Can't count the times I forgot it was open.
I've only used it twice and left it open after the first time. Next job is some solid extended feet so I can fit something under it to drain the powder without having to move it and re-level it.

1611687108913.png

Has anyone tested any ar parts besides the lower? For instance; gas block, muzzle brake, hand guard, ect.?

I'm printing a pistol blade stabilizer as I type this for grins. Wondering what other parts people have printed and how long they held up.

Has anyone tested any ar parts besides the lower? For instance; gas block, muzzle brake, hand guard, ect.?

I'm printing a pistol blade stabilizer as I type this for grins. Wondering what other parts people have printed and how long they held up.

I would never consider a gas block or a muzzle brake with hobbyist type 3d printers. My son has a printer that prints stuff that goes on Space X rockets, but you or I would never be able to afford one of them.

Are you printing metal or polymer? Can't imagine a polymer anything that sees pressure or heat (gas block, muzzle brake, etc)

Reactions: godofthunder
Unless they were printed in metal I don't think that would hold
Maybe not for people that abuse it. Its not an intricate fragile part. Worth a shot, they want almost $80 for a set.

Attachments

• bt74-atlas-raider-cleat-feet.jpg
    bt74-atlas-raider-cleat-feet.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 46
It’s not particularly intricate but it is a loadbearing part. 3-D printed plastic will not hold up in that position. Even the nylon and carbon fiber filament mixtures Would have difficulty with the part that was that directly loadbearing bearing

It’s not particularly intricate but it is a loadbearing part. 3-D printed plastic will not hold up in that position. Even the nylon and carbon fiber filament mixtures Would have difficulty with the part that was that directly loadbearing bearing
How much load is it really bearing?

Well, depends on the rifle and the shooting position, but the weight of the rifle and a portion of your body weight.
I measure these things by the investment in the part in relation to it's inevitable failure. At the end of the day, you'll have 10-15 minutes of design work and $2 worth of polymer into it so why not? The difficulty would be the detent ball, which I would replace with a press fit pin to keep them from rotating.

I measure these things by the investment in the part in relation to it's inevitable failure. At the end of the day, you'll have 10-15 minutes of design work and $2 worth of polymer into it so why not? The difficulty would be the detent ball, which I would replace with a press fit pin to keep them from rotating.
10 to 15 minutes of design work is... optimistic. But it lasted you more than a day of actual field use, I’d be surprised.

10 to 15 minutes of design work is... optimistic. But it lasted you more than a day of actual field use, I’d be surprised.
10 to 15 minutes is realistic. For people that know what they're doing in CAD it doesn't take long. If I had the necessary dimensions its literally 5 minutes or less...

You could make these last a while with the proper print orientation and printing parameters. Will the last a lifetime like steel ones? No. But no one is expecting them to.

Anyone print a throw lever for a Vortex? Wonder if it would even be strong enough with out making it really big.
Late to the party but this is the one I use the most. Load it in Fusion360 and customize to whatever you want/need for your specific scope.

Wanted to protect the turret caps on this M40A5's S&B. Simple and easy.
IMG_1243.JPG

IMG_1245.JPG

IMG_1248.JPG

IMG_1250.JPG

Also Made some stackable cheek piece spacers. This prevents loosing cheek height when the screws eventually come loose and makes cheek height repeatable when you take it off for cleaning.
IMG_1253.JPG

IMG_1256.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG

Wanted to protect the turret caps on this M40A5's S&B. Simple and easy.
View attachment 7587838
View attachment 7587839
View attachment 7587840
View attachment 7587841

Also Made some stackable cheek piece spacers. This prevents loosing cheek height when the screws eventually come loose and makes cheek height repeatable when you take it off for cleaning.
View attachment 7587842
View attachment 7587843
View attachment 7587845
Willing to share the CAD file for the spacers?

Willing to share the CAD file for the spacers?
Absolutely! I actually have extras. If you want, you can DM me your info and I'll send you what I got. It's 6 stacks and 4 of the thin shims. For reference, I only used 4 stacks and 4 shims. So that should give you over an 1" of cheek rise. If not, I can try to send the file. I've never actually tried to send one of these files. Would that be through email? And would you need the .stl or Gcode file? Either way I'll give it a try.
IMG_1300.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

Reactions: kydron
Absolutely! I actually have extras. If you want, you can DM me your info and I'll send you what I got. It's 6 stacks and 4 of the thin shims. For reference, I only used 4 stacks and 4 shims. So that should give you over an 1" of cheek rise. If not, I can try to send the file. I've never actually tried to send one of these files. Would that be through email? And would you need the .stl or Gcode file? Either way I'll give it a try.
View attachment 7590731
View attachment 7590732
Awesome, will send you a PM.