• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gun Room/Vault Panels and Organization

Colorado S14

Pushing the Limits of Spontaneous Combustion
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2010
Denver, CO
www.youtube.com
Hello all.

Looking for input on the best gun room or gun vault organizing wall system. I’m in the process of building a basement gun vault. Looking for wall panels which allow me the best options for securing multiple firearms ranging from pistols to large precision rifles in an organized fashion inside a relatively small space. Considering options from Gallow Tech. and SecureIt. Are there other companies I have not uncovered?

What I would love is a system which allows for vertical long gun storage as well as pistol storage.

In for ideas as well. I've seen a few advertised besides what you've listed.

One is literally called gun walls or some shit like that.

Pegboard and wood? Some of those systems are great, but pricey for a wall covering.
There are also 3d printed blocks that go into magwells for things like "modern sporting rifles" and the like.

I was in the same situation a few months ago, and I end up going with SecureIt. For me, both options seemed more than acceptable. It just end up coming down to price. I was able to get a better “deal” at the time with SecureIt.

With all that said, my gun room is still under construction and I haven’t been able to install it yet. Quality does seem good out of the box.

Could look at Gallowtech. I have herd they make a pretty good product. I have been looking into them myself.

I’ve used gallowtech. Product is bullet proof. Quality is top notch. I have a complete system in boxes right now unfortunately. Can’t use it in the house I’m in at the moment but will put it back up as soon as my new house is built

What are your wall dimensions and how many rifles/pistols are you wanting to display? Is there a budget?

I went with 4x8 mdf slatwall panels and added inexpensive accessories from gun storage solutions. I really couldn’t afford the other options that others have offered due to the amount of firearms that needed to be stored/displayed. Your situation may be different.

There are alot of options depending on your budget. For what it costs for some of the purpose build systems, you could build some really nice wood panels with gun holders ect, even with lumber prices where they are.

Modwall is another option and seems a lot cheaper then most!

not sure there is a best more than what you like the most or what your willing to pay for , I could be wrong but peg board not going to be as expensive as metal pegboard and they both do about the same job . Have looked into some of those wall mounted systems and most look pretty similar cost may vary from area to area
best of luck with what ever you pick .

Didn't TGC cover this in a video a while back ?? I think it was also secureIT

Don’t use the plastic peg board, it eventually warps.

I used the metal kind with peg holes and slots. They stand off the wall a bit. You can use regular peg type set ups and also use the slots for bigger arms that can hold a rifle.

Serious question here, why not use a vault door and just do a simple arms room rack setup in whatever wood you like with the felt pads? If said prized possessions are locked inside a concrete room with a vault door, for me, there would be no reason for secondary security. There would be a need for dehumidification, depending on your AO.

I am close to the point of not being able to fit any more rifles in the current safe that I have. Instead of buying another safe, I was thinking about getting some wall organizers to display my favorites. I was wondering how you guys build your gun rooms. Is it just a normal room in the house with a lock on a normal interior household door? Did you install a reinforced steel door? Did you fortify the walls and install a vault door?

I have a bar in a corner my basement that I was looking to build a gun room/severe weather shelter. Currently my "Gun Room" is also the Mechanical room, Storage room, Work Room, Skate shop, Hockey Locker room, Cold Pantry, and more.