• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gun safe

300wmSlick

Slick
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2017
Indiana
Recently started having problems with the electronic lock on my Winchester gun safe and I am looking at replacing it with a Cannon safe. I didn't know if anyone had any issues with Cannon safes or would suggest another one that's in the $1300 or less price range?

Yeah I thought about that but I really don't want to run the risk of dealing with this issue again. I can punch in the same correct code enough that after it locks me out of the safe twice and it'll let me in on the 8th attempt. Same exact code, every time. Look up "Winchester gun safe fails" on YouTube sometime.

Is there any movement of the safe in the spot it is sitting ?
Such as sitting on a slightly uneven spot to were there is any movement when you try and input your code, if so that is most likely your problem.
I had a cannon safe in my garage at one point that was on a slightly uneven spot and it gave me fits for a while before I figured out that's what it was.

I have a cannon 80 gun safe that I bought from tractor supply. I really like it but it’s a very plain Jane safe but that’s all I needed. The electronic combination works every time no matter what. My only complaint was there was no hole in the back for a electric cord but I made my own. I got my safe on sale for $900. And the only way you could get 80 guns in it is only guns with no optics. I think I probably have 30 rifles with scopes and a few shotguns and it packed.

Is there any movement of the safe in the spot it is sitting ?
Such as sitting on a slightly uneven spot to were there is any movement when you try and input your code, if so that is most likely your problem.
I had a cannon safe in my garage at one point that was on a slightly uneven spot and it gave me fits for a while before I figured out that's what it was.

No there is no movement in the safe.

I have a cannon 80 gun safe that I bought from tractor supply. I really like it but it’s a very plain Jane safe but that’s all I needed. The electronic combination works every time no matter what. My only complaint was there was no hole in the back for a electric cord but I made my own. I got my safe on sale for $900. And the only way you could get 80 guns in it is only guns with no optics. I think I probably have 30 rifles with scopes and a few shotguns and it packed.

Thanks that is the one I am looking at getting. The 80 gun wide safe. I won't ever fill it with guns but it will give me plenty of space for important papers and such.

I have the cannon Scout 64 gun capacity I think, has an internal power center with 110v and USB ports and the door panel organizer.
I like it so far and it's a fair compromise between capacity and wieght/size.
Worth a look.

Reactions: 300wmSlick
The Cannons I've looked at were decent. Considering one myself because Costco has a few models for a decent price. I'm just looking for something to keep my soon to be walking son away.