• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gun show find, never seen such a thing

VJJPunisher

Necromancing the stone
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2010
prison purse
As I was strolling through the local gun show this weekend, checking out some scented candles, deciding on what turquoise jewelry I liked, and shopping through thousands of 2 dollar knives I came across an old man with a table of various wares. He was selling off his “collection” sayin his wife said it was time to part with them as they are old as dirt and don’t need them. He mainly had various older hunting rifles and shotguns, and I discovered this thing. I never heard of it or seen one so I had to get it.

It’s a factory Mauser bolt action…….in 12 guage. Weirdest yet neat little thing
BF611AAC-E725-4117-9AEB-EC585281FB45.jpeg

slug rifle,
is it a one shot or a reloader?

I realise that Swedish is abit exotic or perhaps superfluous here, however here is 6 page thread about Imman Meffert, shotgun rifles, including the different ways they are converted,

I really like the look and way they handles this old and solid rifles, one suggestion, make sure to measure the chamber, some of these, pre WWII; are just 12/65 or 67 mm.

Best regards Chris

The sights indicate it was set up as a slug gun.
These Mauser shotgun mods were normally done by removing the locking lugs and relying on only the safety lug at the root of the bolt handle.
They seemed to work but I would not consider shooting it.

The sights indicate it was set up as a slug gun.
These Mauser shotgun mods were normally done by removing the locking lugs and relying on only the safety lug at the root of the bolt handle.
They seemed to work but I would not consider shooting it.

Yeah it is quite the interesting design for the conversion, the removable floating bolt face is interesting as hell, but also makes me not want to fire it

Reactions: Modoc and RTH1800
I feel like this is one of those gay-test pics where you're supposed to notice some obscure detail and all I see are bewbs.

Reactions: D_TROS
When Germany was prevented from making "war rifles" they kept their war industry viable by building in sporting calibers.

Reactions: Average guy
When Germany was prevented from making "war rifles" they kept their war industry viable by building in sporting calibers.

Exactly, the German economy was failing after the treaty of Versailles, and Mauser was trying to survive. I believe these and most of the stuff they were allowed to make were only sporting types and also only made for export.

The markings on the reciever only say Germany over the serial number

Reactions: pmclaine
Exactly, the German economy was failing after the treaty of Versailles, and Mauser was trying to survive. I believe these and most of the stuff they were allowed to make were only sporting types and also only made for export.

The markings on the reciever only say Germany over the serial number
Does the stock have a disk on the side marked Geha?

Does it have the bolt breakdown tool n the stock like a typical 98?

Will it work on the shot gun bolt?

New one on me.

My first thought was it was on a bigger action but… nope.

Probably could do a conversion on 28 with shortened lugs. But 12 seems Uber-sketchy.

Cool find, though!

Sirhr
1920s production. Good article in Gun Digest years back. Will look it up after work and post reference in this thread.

Does it have the bolt breakdown tool n the stock like a typical 98?

Will it work on the shot gun bolt?
I have what looks to be an un-altered Geha shotgun. It doesn't have the breakdown tool on the stock. Instead it has two medallions marked "Geha". The only marking on the receiver is the word Germany. The barrel has the word Nitro with a small mark, possibly a proof mark in front of it. The bolt has a four digit serial number. There is a sheet metal piece bolted to the left side of the receiver. That piece keeps the round in the magazine from popping up too far when it's released from the magazine. This sheet metal piece has the same four digit number as the bolt. The bolt shroud has a four digit number, but it doesn't match the bolt. The example I have doesn't have any import or export markings.

Reactions: ZG47A
Did this thing blow apart already or is the fun still to be witnessed?

I had one years ago. Mine had a Paradox barrel with slight rifling in the last few inches of bareel. I have a factory I think 28ga barrel for a LR Mauser in my random shit drawer.