• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

gun vise/shooting rest

Sawyer

no one
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2008
Bird Rock
Could use some advice to make sighting in my guns a little easier/smoother. Up till now I have just used my sand bags or bipod to get my guns sighted in at the range. Now that I am getting ready to sight in my MST-100 on my spec build, I was hoping to find a good rest that I can use to help zero the rifle in. Especially since the MST-100 can be such a monster to get zero'd. Preferable it will be one that can hold AR's as well.

So what do you guys recommend/use? Thnx!

Re: gun vise/shooting rest

I use the CTK P3 vise/rest for cleaning and bore sighting. I've never shot from it (although no reason not to as long as you don't clamp the rifle in)

I used it recently to help sight in my MST-100 as a stable/rigid platfom when adjusting POA to POI but shot off a bag as normal to verify.

Made of box section welded steel...it can be filled with shot to make it heavier...but I haven't found this necessary. Simple, robust and practical.

If you go this route I'd recommend you buy the vise and shooting rest options to give you max. flexibility.

Happy to recommend it...

http://www.ctkprecision.com/

has anyone gotten a good look at the new hybrid leadslead that combines the adjustment from the caldwell fire control rest with the lead slead recoil reduction?

i dont know of anyone using thm new-fangled "fire-control" rests, but, a buddy of mine played with one in a store and thinks it aint as great as they talk it up to be.
I just use a regular old rock front rest by Caldwell and a rear bag...works for me...fwiw
ward

"New-fangled"?! Oh man, thats great. I'm from rural OK and its been a while since even I've heard that, especially when talking shooting equipment.
wink.gif

okie

Sand bags up front and a tab rear bag is as good as it gets for me to get the job done.