• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Gunbroker "Extended Verification" problems, looking for feedback from the Hide

Threadcutter308

Mr. Sugar Tits to you
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
An Island in warshington
Hi Guys,

Yesterday/Friday morning, I went to place an ad on Gunbroker. Early into the process, the webpage said that I had not gone through "Extended Verification" and that it would take me to another page on the site to do that. OK, fine. So I go to that page, fill out a little information (information they already had), was told they were going to charge me $2.00 on my credit card for the priveledge and I clicked "submit". I got an error message back (don't remember exactly what the error was/said) and "Extended Verification" didn't work. So now, I can't place any ads.

So, I try it again, actually twice. Now, I get an error message that says "Sorry, you are only permitted to attempt verification once every 36 hours. Please retry after 2:43 AM on 9/13/2020 and try again". So, I contact G/B via the "Contact Us page on the website, explaining the problem and now I wait, no response from G/B, nor is the problem fixed. I did get an automatically generated e-mail that they have received my problem inquiry and there is a "case number" assigned. I know others have had criticisms of G/B and I'm not necessarily in disagreement with that.

Do any of you know what "Extended Verification" actually is ? I generally get the concept, but I'm looking for feedback from others that have gone through it, either successfully or unsuccessfully. If unsuccessfully at first, how did you finally get the problem resolved ?

And, FWIW, I have an account on G/B but have only purchased in the past. (assuming this gets resolved) This will be the first time for me selling anything on G/B.

Had something similar. They needed a non- redacted copy of my D/L, i.e. b-day, DL number, etc. not blacked out, to verify my acct. to bid on something.
Sounded sketchy AF to me. Told them as soon as I got the same from them, I'd send it over. Needless to say, I don't have an acct. on GB.

They have a phone number. Shit gets handled quick when you call as its not easy to find. Expect to leave a message.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
They have a phone number. Shit gets handled quick when you call as its not easy to find. Expect to leave a message.
Do they? Everything I am finding in searches says they don't. I have been experiencing the exact same problem as the OP for weeks now. Have submitted multiple requests but they haven't responded to any of them.

Had something similar. They needed a non- redacted copy of my D/L, i.e. b-day, DL number, etc. not blacked out, to verify my acct. to bid on something.
Sounded sketchy AF to me. Told them as soon as I got the same from them, I'd send it over. Needless to say, I don't have an acct. on GB.

Gunbroker.com is a reputable place to do business. It wouldn't have lasted if it wasn't. You have major hide vendors on there like mile high etc. Nothing is unreasonable about that request to get a copy of your dl. It serves as a way to eliminate some riff raff.

Gunbroker.com is a reputable place to do business. It wouldn't have lasted if it wasn't. You have major hide vendors on there like mile high etc. Nothing is unreasonable about that request to get a copy of your dl. It serves as a way to eliminate some riff raff.
It wasn't the copy that concerned me, it was need my DL# (at the time was SSN#) and DOB to be uncovered. They don't need that for me to buy something or open an acct. to bid.

Reactions: gyz77
Thanks to everyone, I solved (or maybe they did.....) the problem. I went ahead and scanned my DL & a utility bill & sent them in via the "Contact Us" function on their website. Received a notification within about an hour that I was approved. So, I went and placed the ad (Sig P227 Tacops with threaded barrel, factory original).

Per kindabitey, I didn't really want to have to do that, but they weren't responding to e-mails. I did call this morning (720-223-0164 x 3006) and go the VM of Jay "Wooder" or "Woodard" (couldn't tell). Left him a VM, but didn't get a return call. I suspect they are being flooded with new buyers and are having to wade through hundreds of new customers. I bet that having done the work for them sped up the whole process. Not the way I would have liked to have done things, but I'm up and running now.

My interaction with them didn't have anything to do with any panic buying. It was around 6
or 8 years ago.

Yeah, I had purchased some handguns about a year to a year and a half ago and didn't have to go through this nonsense. I would think that having had that previous track record, it would count for something. Conversely, if they set the rules the same for everybody (and it doesn't impact their business negatively), they're covered and they don't (have to) care. Kind of like Amazon and Walmart......