• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunbroker scammer let’s mess with them!!

M5NSX

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
I’ve been on GB for years without any issues. I see an auction yesterday for a Sig Sauer SSG 3000 bid and win. It was a 24 hour auction from a user with only 3 feedback reviews as a buyer and not recently. I try calling them to complete the transaction and ask more questions. I send a message thru their system and get the response I included below within 2 minutes. The response screams scammer so I ask for a pic with my name written on it along with the bolt and mag removed from the weapon and placed on the paper. Nothing. Also call again no response. Get a message today asking for payment and proof I sent it. Again requested a pic of the weapon and of course nothing. They have another 24 hour auction going now for a Savage 110BA Stealth also with only about 12 rounds thru it as was stated in the auction I won. Inundate them with questions and request for pics. If any of you can look up info on them I’d love to see it.The email used on the account was [email protected] now changed to [email protected]. Link to current ad: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/921987551
5ED26327-D380-4F24-AC86-1972FE468447.png

what phone number was given? (ok to redact some digits - wanna see if it matches another scammer)

what phone number was given? (ok to redact some digits - wanna see if it matches another scammer)
717-827-1162 not redacting anything fuck them!! GB customer service sucks!! I tried finding a way to report this but apparently you can only do it once you actually get scammed. Getting anything worthwhile from them once scammed is all but impossible from what I learned.

717-827-1162 not redacting anything fuck them!! GB customer service sucks!! I tried finding a way to report this but apparently you can only do it once you actually get scammed. Getting anything worthwhile from them once scammed is all but impossible from what I learned.

gunbroker service is a joke. they wont do shit, even if you have been scammed.

Outing a scammer is one thing, but asking people on a public forum to “mess” with the scammer is a little over the top. Just what exactly do you want people to do? Call him alot? Send him emails? What?

scammer for sure, agree on the way it's written and the focus on speed of payment etc..

fk with them

It will cost you a few bucks but you can send a dick pick via registered mail. Provide the tracking number to GB then scream scammer? Probably not legit but if you really want to fuck with them.....

It will cost you a few bucks but you can send a dick pick via registered mail. Provide the tracking number to GB then scream scammer? Probably not legit but if you really want to fuck with them.....
like the way you think!

Reactions: Im2bent
Tell gun broker you sent the money... then the seller will get hit for the taxes.

The seller gets hit for fees and taxes as soon as the auction closes. Ask me how I know. Guy bought a $7,000 item I had up. He replied to my original contact about where/how to send funds, then nothing. I got hit for taxes almost $500 for tax in addition to the fees for the auction, $250-300 (don't remember for sure). Still trying to get the tax back as I haven't sold anything lately there. That was the first of November. Then I had to pay again to relist it.

• Wow
Reactions: NoDopes
Outing a scammer is one thing, but asking people on a public forum to “mess” with the scammer is a little over the top. Just what exactly do you want people to do? Call him alot? Send him emails? What?
I don’t think so. Perhaps they will take the ad down. GB is sure as shit not going to do anything. Two to the chest one to the head may be a little over the top….or maybe not😁

The seller gets hit for fees and taxes as soon as the auction closes. Ask me how I know. Guy bought a $7,000 item I had up. He replied to my original contact about where/how to send funds, then nothing. I got hit for taxes almost $500 for tax in addition to the fees for the auction, $250-300 (don't remember for sure). Still trying to get the tax back as I haven't sold anything lately there. That was the first of November. Then I had to pay again to relist it.
fyi i recently had a non-paying bidder. did the credit (cancel) thing via gb and it seems they did zero everything out for me.

Don’t have any idea how to pull it off,
But it would be awesome to pay those morons with counterfeit dollars. Cause you KNOW they’d get busted for trying to spend it. But they’d have no good excuse for where it came from LOL.

Edit to ask: is it illegal to give someone fake consideration for an item or service that never existed? Isn’t that like handing your kid Monopoly money?🤣

Reactions: BAMAboy18
Letter bomb with a return address of 1600 _________ Avenue.

Just kidding.

GB is for the scammers and the idiots. I purchased a few items and sold a few,then I had a bidder who wanted my rifle but couldn't afford it. Then the bidder hit buy now so I asked him when he was going to send the check and he refused as well as asking for $150.00 to leave a good review.So I followed the rules by listing him as a non paying bidder , asking for credit from GB for the NPB and left a review on the bidder as a scammer. GB banned me from the site for not resolving the sale which the bidder had no intension of paying. Customer service stated I had a "angry bidder" and they removed my review from his account but the bad review that he left me couldn't be removed and they shut down my account.
So moral is if your a "angry bidder" you have free ride to fuck with actual sellers.

• Angry
Yeah nothing yet, probably won't
I got in touch with the winning bidder on that Savage. He appreciated the heads up as he was scammed a few times on GB. He happens to live close to that PA address and is going to try to arrange to pick up the weapon. I’ll update what happens. Hell if he does I’ll have him get a look at the weapon I supposively won. I would love to have the weapon but am not hopeful.

fyi i recently had a non-paying bidder. did the credit (cancel) thing via gb and it seems they did zero everything out for me.
The timing was such they hit my CC just after the auction. I got the fee back but not the tax, yet. Still trying.

Sounds to me like Gunbroker is the real scammers.

I'd buy a real M.O. so you have the stub as proof and say you mailed it, but obviously don't. Later, after hell brakes loose, you can cash it out.

Reactions: Cherodjr
I'd buy a real M.O. so you have the stub as proof and say you mailed it, but obviously don't. Later, after hell brakes loose, you can cash it out.
That‘s too much hassle. I hate going to the USPS. I do certified bank checks much easier. The guy that won the Savage is a FFL and lives in essentially the same town. Waiting to hear his interaction with seller.

Sounds to me like Gunbroker is the real scammers.
They are definitely shady. Years ago I had signed up but not bid or bought anything and someone started making small purchases through my account but using random "keyboard" names like "578378495hhfhgfghjdjj". I sent messages and tried to report it and got no response. After months of this I finally had to file an affidavit with the Federal Trade Commission to stop it. Trying to find a phone number or a legit address for Gunbroker back then was near impossible. My GB account info had to have been compromised from inside their system.
So yeah, Fuck Gunbroker.

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
How bout this shit. I talked to the guy on the phone. He spoke english. The line about F&F avoiding the tax that gunbroker automatically charges makes no sense at all.

111658D3-D140-4569-B8A9-91319915816E.jpeg
2DE13E7D-12B9-4448-BEB6-977EB5D90972.jpeg

Reactions: Dta1
If you're using a CC (not a debit), you've got better protection than PayPal anyway. Though, I see your dilemma. I'd move on.

Well I have never heard back from the seller on the item I won and never got the pic I requested. Same with the guy that won the Savage. They were trying to scam someone on $8,000 of reloading gear but never got a bid. It’s a shame that we can’t report these people to GB before you actually get scammed.

The more I read of the shennanigans you poor fellas are dealing with, the more I hear my grandma - Moral of the story: Don't feed the GB monster.

Too bad the fine upstanding folks over there don't have their shit together. Imagine the good they could do for the firearms community,(not to mention the money they could make) - if only they'd get a grip on the goings-on over there...

The more I read of the shennanigans you poor fellas are dealing with, the more I hear my grandma - Moral of the story: Don't feed the GB monster.

Too bad the fine upstanding folks over there don't have their shit together. Imagine the good they could do for the firearms community,(not to mention the money they could make) - if only they'd get a grip on the goings-on over there..
GB was decent. Scammers and the collecting of sales tax definitely changed things. I did recently purchase an item from a seller I used before. If it seems too good to be true probably is. If the transaction doesn’t seem right probably is not.

Yay... i get to cancel my CC now. My favorite thing! Btw the guy is still hitting me up about money like he’s not a shitlord. Ironically, this is the third time I’ve tried to spend this little pile of money. First on a car, second on an optic and this time on a rifle. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something...
EA18D674-D363-4AAA-866D-598A02C4880F.jpeg