• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunbroker: "what the market will bear"

wvlawyer02

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2008
Clarksburg, West Virginia, USA
Why do I even look at Gunbroker? It just frosts me everytime, and I'm dumber for it... My best experiences have always been with all the Hide members.

I came across an FFL dealer on Gunbroker who has been regularly selling Seekin upper receivers I've been looking for. I assume they are some sort of dealer for Seekins since they are regularly putting parts up in-stock for sale, but maybe not. With that said, I emailed them and said "hey" I'm not in a rush but need this part sometime in the future. Can you call me on your next stock of the item so I can buy one at MSRP before it goes on Gunbroker.

I kinda felt warm and fuzzy with the company's About Us statement that says, "we pride ourselves on the ability to maintain the lowest prices and the highest level of customer satisfaction."

In two minutes I received their response, "Sorry, I have to go with what the market bears."

Well shit... Way to follow your mission statement.

Re: Gunbroker: "what the market will bear"

every business's first mission statement is to stay in business. ive heard a lot of people making as much as they can right now, because once its gone the back orders are so long they are worried about going out of business.

Hey i opened a tactical gun shop a month ago with a bunch of ak's and ar's. if people are willing to pay that who am i not to take the money. Alot of what you dont think about is what the hell are we gonna do once they shut it down. I got a $150k in inventory on start up. Its already paid for its self all blue sky the business has no debt. But There are 100 fudd stores around. when its done i cant compete with em.

I had a similar conversation today with a local dealer. I live in a place that still has much of what is impossible to find minus black rifles and accessories. I looked around, and hes always been high as hell on prices anyway, but was in for an FFL transfer which is MIA/overdue for months now (custom builder FUCKER!!! thats another thread).

Since his prices have always been crazy, pretty much all hes good for is transfers anyway. But I saw an AR-22 Mossberg for close to six hundred. WTF over!? I Chuckled, and said you boys are all over it here arent you. He laughed and bragged about clipping someone for $2900 on a bushmaster last week.

I am all for people making a living, and I hope there are always small gunshops. But I do hope all the gouging fucks go under!! Right now it seems the only good place to shop is right here on the board.

What the market will bear... I know its a chance to make extra for businesses, but why absolutely screw your customers.

Keep an eye out, what the market's gonna bear for a lot of these clowns is a welfare check and a hot dinner at a soup kitchen

I completely understand the business aspect, but common 100%-200% profit margin on stripped uppers....

I don't even think stripped uppers are on the ban this list by those fuckers in Washington...