• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Guncrafter GI .50

corrigidor

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2005
Alexandria, Va
Anyone have experience with this interesting handgun? I've been slobbering on their website the last couple days trying to justify a purchase. Are there failure areas I should be aware of-- how's the recoil and are they the only ones who provide ammo for it? 23/box is ridiculous unless I reload. Anyrate, I've been interested in this handgun for a while-- tell me its just a passing phase and I'll get over it.

Core

Re: Guncrafter GI .50

Get one if you want it, you only live once. But it is a passing phase. Just like when all those short action magnums came out. Some are still around and popular, but most have faded away.

GI is NOT a passing phase. I've got one, shoot one and LOVE it. They've been in business for a long time and continue to put out great products. His business is growing and will continue to do so as more and more people want the quality of gun he produces. If you like quality, BUY IT. Tell him P3 sent you.

I have shot a few and was not terribly impressed.

The firearm itself is fine, but the caliber is just kinda ho-hum.

The smithing work by that outfit is top notch from what I hear. BUT I think the round is novelte-eske. I would not choose it for serious defence.