• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Gunner Grips?

hatidua

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2008
Colorado
Does Simonich still exist?? I've called a half dozen times over the past month and although the machine seems to pick up, I can't get a human to take an order. I've tried email several times as well - I just want a few more sets of the grips! Anyone know if the company folded?

Re: Gunner Grips?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Simonich still exist?? I've called a half dozen times over the past month and although the machine seems to pick up, I can't get a human to take an order. I've tried email several times as well - I just want a few more sets of the grips! Anyone know if the company folded? </div></div>

I don't know what the latest news is about Simonich but beware of the Strider gunner grips. They are not the same product as the original Simonich gunner grips and I have heard more negative reviews than positive.

The Striders are a bit different, they used to be about the same dimensions as the Simonich Gunners. Over the past few years they have changed the pattern as well as the thickness, still great grips though.

Tried to call Simonich again this morning.....AND GOT THROUGH! three sets of grips en route
grin.gif

Thats pretty wild, i spoke with Christine at Simonich Knives this past Tuesday. She told me they no longer sold the Gunner grips and directed me to Brownells.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CalmlyDeMented</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like mine, got them from midway. </div></div>

Quick question were your Midway ones Oval dimples or perfect circular dimples?

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneStar700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats pretty wild, i spoke with Christine at Simonich Knives this past Tuesday. She told me they no longer sold the Gunner grips and directed me to Brownells. </div></div>

Hmmm....now you have me worried. I made a point of asking her if these were the original configuration as I'd like them to be identical to my other grips that I've gotten from her in years past and she said they were.

They were supposed to ship out yesterday so we'll see....
frown.gif

Well if you would keep us posted on this. I hope it works out for you. I'd be curious to know what this is all about. I actually recieved mine in the mail today from Brownells. This may be something others know that i dont, but when I first opened them they were a very odd color. Almost white? I thought this cant be right? Well after I drenched them with an oil wipe, they turned the correct (coyote brown) color? Anyone ran into this yet with them?

There is a possibility that Christine meant that they no longer offer them in "coyote". Thats the only reasonable conclusion i can figure after pondering for a few minutes...

Fingers crossed here, I like my two sets that I've had for three years and would like the same thing (black, flat bottom for magwell).

I guess I'll know in a few days.....

Poop. Well, unless hatidua get's some spherical ones, I guess I'm going to have to buy more of the nighthawk G10 golfball grips.

-Just got my three sets of black Gunner Grips from Simonich in the mail today - they're the real deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ooh, pics! </div></div>

Well, that's the beauty of it: they look just like all the other black Simonich Gunner Grips.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just get yourself some VZ grips. </div></div>

When I can still get Simonich grips?! - don't think so!