• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

shooter65

General
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2004
    Indiana
    gunny.jpg

DOES HE HAVE A VOCABULARY OR WHAT....?
    For the few of you who have missed him, R. Lee Ermey is the host of The History Channel's " Mail Call " and played the Drill Instructor in the movie, " Full Metal Jacket. " He recently played the totally unsympathetic psychiatrist in a GIECO commercial. He is a retired Marine Gunnery Sergeant and a very plain speaker, as you will soon read. So, for your entertainment, here is Retired Marine Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Ermey at his first press conference. The main topic of discussion is the Marine in Iraq who shot an Iraqi insurgent to death.
    ANYWAY, THE STORY GOES:
    We pick up as a reporter asks about " how this potential war crime will affect our image in the world ":
    Ermey: "WHAT KIND OF A PANSY-ASSED QUESTION IS THAT?"
    Reporter 1: "Well, sir I think...."
    Ermey: "THINK, FANCY BOY ??! GET THIS THROUGH THAT SEPTIC TANK ON TOP OF YOUR SHOULDERS, MORON : I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?? THAT MARINE SHOT AN ENEMY COMBATANT, SHITHEAD. SO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND DEAL WITH IT BEFORE I MAKE YOU MY OWN PERSONAL PIN CUSHION!!!
    NEXT QUESTION: YOU IN THE BLUE SUIT."
    Reporter 2: Don't you think that the world's opinion of our operations is important ?
    Ermey: "OH SURE! YOU DON'T KNOW THE TIMES I HAVE CRIED MYSELF TO SLEEP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT SOME GODDAMNED FRENCH PANSY THINKS! OH THE DAYS I HAVE HAD TO WEEP, BECAUSE SOME SHIT EATING TERRORIST SCUMBAG MIGHT BE MAD AT US, BECAUSE WE WENT INTO WHATEVER GOD FORSAKEN HOLE IN THE SHIT THAT HE LIVES IN AND KILLED HIM. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF DUMBASS QUESTION IS THAT YOU PETER-PUFFING JACKASS? WE ARE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , AND WHEN YOU ATTACK US, WE ARE GOING TO COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND BLOW YOUR STINKING CAMEL-LICKING CARCASS INTO PIECES SO SMALL WE WILL BE ABL E TO BURY YOUR SORRY ASS IN A THIMBLE! YEAH, I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING. YOU ARE PROBABLY AFRAID, THINK ING THAT I HAVE SUCH AN "EXTREME" ATTITUDE AND THAT I NEED TO BE MORE "SENSITIVE" TO OTHER PEOPLE'S FEELINGS WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING YOU POLE-SMOKING PANSY! I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE THINKS! THIS IS A DAMN WAR, AND IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT, THEN YOU SHOULD GO HOME AND SUCK ON MAMMA'S TIT! DO YOU HEAR ME YOU RUNT? NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF MY PRESS ROOM BEFORE I GO CRAZY AND KICK THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOU!!
    NEXT QUESTION: YOU WITH THE UGLY-ASSED TIE, LOOK AT THAT THING! IT IS HIDEOUS!"
    Reporter 3: "Aren't you going against the freedom of the press by.."
    Ermey: "FREEDOM? WHAT IN BLUE HELL DO YOU KNOW ABOUT FREEDOM? I HAVE SWEATED MY ASS OFF IN JUNGLES, WHILE BEING SHOT AT FOR THIS NATION! WHAT IN THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE YOU LITTLE SHIT-SUCKING WEASEL? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU PUT YOUR ASS ON THE LINE FOR ANYTHING? AND YET YOU HAVE THE UNMITIGATED TEMERITY TO SHOW UP HERE AND MONDAY-MORNING QUARTERBACK THE ACTIONS OF A BRAVE MARINE, WHO WAS DEFENDING HIMSELF AND HIS UNIT FROM AN ATTACK BY SOME MURDEROUS AL-QUEDA SYMPATHIZER!! YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT I AM CONCERNED ABOUT, NUMB-NUTS? I AM CONCERNED ABOUT A BUNCH OF GRABASSTIC, ORGANIZED MORONS WITH CAMERAS AND MICROPHONES DOING THEIR BEST TO PORTRAY OUR BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN AS WAR CRIMINALS! I AM CONCERNED ABOUT CHICKEN-SHIT PANSIES THAT WANT US TO NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS AND WHINE ABOUT THEIR PISS-ANT "FREEDOMS"!!
    NEXT QUESTION.
    Reporter 3: "I...I.."
    Ermey: "DID YOU HAVE A BIG BOWL OF STUPID FOR BREAKFAST THIS MORNING, NUMB NUTS? I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD OUT OF THAT COMMIE CRY HOLE IN THAT SHIT-PILE YOU CALL A HEAD! AND THAT GOES TRIPLE FOR THE REST OF YOU PANSY-ASSED MORONS! NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF MY PRESS ROOM BEFORE I SHOVE MY BOOT SO FAR UP YOUR ASS THAT YOU CHOKE TO DEATH ON MY SHOELACES!!!!"
    Marine DI's have a language all their own.
    God bless them all.
    RIGHT ON

Re: Gunny

It is a good story but it is not true. Plus he was a Staff Sergeant and now has the Honorary title of Gunnery Sergeant.

The next president needs to have him as the press secretary. God that would make for awesome news.

I would love to see that on video. That exchange gave me a good laugh this morning.

Next President? Couldn't <span style="font-style: italic">any</span> President benefit from The Gunny's wisdom and outspoken demeanor?

Besides; I think I'd truly <span style="font-style: italic">love</span> to see the consequences of turning The Gunny loose in <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> place sometime soon.

Greg

PS, Humor aside, The Gunny is actually a very kind and convivial guy from all reports; it's just his onscreen persona that really rocks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bjdm151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The next president needs to have him as the press secretary. God that would make for awesome news. </div></div>

+1 for sure!

Gunney does have a way with words, that's for sure! I wish we had more like him!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sullybr549</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a good story but it is not true. Plus he was a Staff Sergeant and now has the Honorary title of Gunnery Sergeant. </div></div>

If he was an E-6, what the hell is he doing dressed as an E-7?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sullybr549</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a good story but it is not true. Plus he was a Staff Sergeant and now has the Honorary title of Gunnery Sergeant. </div></div>

If he was an E-6, what the hell is he doing dressed as an E-7? </div></div>

Dude...Really???

On May 17, 2002, he received an honorary post-service promotion to Gunnery Sergeant (E-7) from General James L. Jones, the Commandant of the Marine Corps, in recognition of his continuing support to Americans in military service.

it would be funny to see Ermey and Ted Nugent tag team anyone in a debate. i would pay money to see it. those guys are amazing, throw Chuck Norris in the mix and theres a room full of ass kickers. well... Ted probably isnt the same type of ass kicker as the other two but he definitely brings a sharp tongue and quick whit to the table.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sullybr549</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a good story but it is not true. Plus he was a Staff Sergeant and now has the Honorary title of Gunnery Sergeant. </div></div>

If he was an E-6, what the hell is he doing dressed as an E-7? </div></div>

Dude...Really???

On May 17, 2002, he received an honorary post-service promotion to Gunnery Sergeant (E-7) from General James L. Jones, the Commandant of the Marine Corps, in recognition of his continuing support to Americans in military service.

</div></div>

Hey, I had no clue that he had gotten a bump to GySgt. Yes, and <span style="font-style: italic">really.</span> In fact, I've never watched him on cable. Not once. Is that un-American?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PS, Humor aside, The Gunny is actually a very kind and convivial guy from all reports; it's just his onscreen persona that really rocks. </div></div>

This is true I had a chance to talk with him for a bit when he was out in Hawaii. Very mild mannered and down to earth.

From Full Metal Jacket on IMDB

Former US Marine Corps Drill Instructor R. Lee Ermey was not originally hired to play Gunnery Sgt. Hartman but as a consultant for the Marine Corps boot camp portion of the film. He performed a demonstration on videotape in which he yelled obscene insults and abuse for 15 minutes without stopping, repeating himself or even flinching - despite being continuously pelted with tennis balls and oranges. Stanley Kubrick was so impressed that he cast Ermey as Hartman.

R. Lee Ermey was involved in a jeep accident during the making of the movie. At 1:00 a.m. one night he skidded off the road, breaking all the ribs on his left side. He refused to pass out, and kept flashing his car lights until a motorist stopped. In some scenes you'll notice that he does not move his left arm at all. Kubrick claimed in an interview that it took four and a half months before Ermey could return to work.

Much, if not all, of R. Lee Ermey's dialogue during the Parris Island sequence was improvised. While filming the opening scene, where he disciplines Pvt. Cowboy, he says Cowboy is the type of guy who would have sex with another guy "and not even have the goddamned common courtesy to give him a reach-around". Stanley Kubrick immediately yelled cut and went over to Ermey and asked, "What the hell is a reach-around?" Ermey politely explained what it meant. Kubrick laughed and re-shot the scene, telling Ermey to keep the line.

The videotape demonstration was not the only factor which got R. Lee Ermey the role as the drill instructor. Ermey went to Stanley Kubrick and asked for the part, as the actors on the set were, in his opinion, not up to snuff. When Kubrick declined, Ermey barked an order for Kubrick to stand up when he was spoken to, and the director instinctively obeyed. That sealed the matter, and Ermey won the part as Gunnery Sgt. Hartmann.

R. Lee Ermey hardly blinks at all in any scene.

To make Gunnery Sgt. Hartmann's performance and the recruits' reactions as convincing as possible, Matthew Modine, 'Vincent D'Onofrio (I)', and the other actors playing recruits never met R. Lee Ermey prior to filming. Stanley Kubrick also saw to it that Ermey didn't fraternize with the actors between takes.

Stanley Kubrick had nothing but praise for R. Lee Ermey's skills as a performer. Kubrick originally was going to write dialogue for Ermey's character himself, but he became so impressed with what Ermey improvised, that he decided it wasn't necessary. He just let him ad-lib, something practically unheard of for a Stanley Kubrick film. Ermey's performances were so faultless that Kubrick only needed 2-3 takes to get his scenes filmed, also extremely rare for a Kubrick film.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat Harrison</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From Full Metal Jacket on IMDB

Former US Marine Corps Drill Instructor R. Lee Ermey was not originally hired to play Gunnery Sgt. Hartman but as a consultant for the Marine Corps boot camp portion of the film. He performed a demonstration on videotape in which he yelled obscene insults and abuse for 15 minutes without stopping, repeating himself or even flinching - despite being continuously pelted with tennis balls and oranges. Stanley Kubrick was so impressed that he cast Ermey as Hartman.

R. Lee Ermey was involved in a jeep accident during the making of the movie. At 1:00 a.m. one night he skidded off the road, breaking all the ribs on his left side. He refused to pass out, and kept flashing his car lights until a motorist stopped. In some scenes you'll notice that he does not move his left arm at all. Kubrick claimed in an interview that it took four and a half months before Ermey could return to work.

Much, if not all, of R. Lee Ermey's dialogue during the Parris Island sequence was improvised. While filming the opening scene, where he disciplines Pvt. Cowboy, he says Cowboy is the type of guy who would have sex with another guy "and not even have the goddamned common courtesy to give him a reach-around". Stanley Kubrick immediately yelled cut and went over to Ermey and asked, "What the hell is a reach-around?" Ermey politely explained what it meant. Kubrick laughed and re-shot the scene, telling Ermey to keep the line.

The videotape demonstration was not the only factor which got R. Lee Ermey the role as the drill instructor. Ermey went to Stanley Kubrick and asked for the part, as the actors on the set were, in his opinion, not up to snuff. When Kubrick declined, Ermey barked an order for Kubrick to stand up when he was spoken to, and the director instinctively obeyed. That sealed the matter, and Ermey won the part as Gunnery Sgt. Hartmann.

R. Lee Ermey hardly blinks at all in any scene.

To make Gunnery Sgt. Hartmann's performance and the recruits' reactions as convincing as possible, Matthew Modine, 'Vincent D'Onofrio (I)', and the other actors playing recruits never met R. Lee Ermey prior to filming. Stanley Kubrick also saw to it that Ermey didn't fraternize with the actors between takes.

Stanley Kubrick had nothing but praise for R. Lee Ermey's skills as a performer. Kubrick originally was going to write dialogue for Ermey's character himself, but he became so impressed with what Ermey improvised, that he decided it wasn't necessary. He just let him ad-lib, something practically unheard of for a Stanley Kubrick film. Ermey's performances were so faultless that Kubrick only needed 2-3 takes to get his scenes filmed, also extremely rare for a Kubrick film.

</div></div>
    I got squadded next to him this year at Camp Perry (he does shoot). Great guy and very very down to earth. I have seen him there for a few years now and never bothered him for an autograph. Always felt kind of bad as he never gets left alone. He told me he really does not mind all that much. Nice that he is so approchable and we had plenty of time to chat.

I know, no biggie but I enjoyed it.