• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Guns are SCARY!!!

Long Range 338

Professional Ammo Waster
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 10, 2012
    Out West
    Foolish thought but follow me on this. Hollywood and the media love stories of Vampires, Werewolves, Post Apocalyptic themes, zombies, ghouls, goblins, ghosts, dinosaurs created from DNA, flying sharks, psychopaths, sociopaths, etc. and the actors who participate in these projects are the first to cry and scream how scary guns are.

Yet the premise of owning a semi auto AR-15 or hand gun to protect our families and Constitution is offensive and scary? The level of hypocrisy is so astounding as to be mind boggling. There is no way you can glorify violence and then deny the importance of the tools of defense... Is this all about the $$$ or are their minds that weak? It would seem it wouldn't be difficult to educate and win the argument but the pendulum is still swinging the wrong way.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Their minds are that weak, and filled with fear.

They have grasped the easy straw, the one that says "Objects have moral relativity." Anyone who can think knows that objects themselves, be they hammers, pens, or firearms, have no moral standing. Morality for good or evil, rests in the mind or heart of the one who uses it, the actor. In other words, "The buck stops here." They want to "Pass the buck."

1576795152847.png

Attachments

• 1576795153296.png
      1576795153296.png
      553.7 KB · Views: 7
    Oh yeah and the worst ones crying for the bans are the ones doing the most violent roles. They don't seem to be worried about sending the wrong message about firearms, just worried about the responsible owners, that's all.

The day these motherfuckers put their money where their mouth is and never touch or act again in a film that has firearms in it is the day I'll take what they say seriously --not that I'm gonna give up my Rights, but at least I can respect their view. A hypocrite I can't.

And its not like Driving Miss Daisy is what keeps Hollywood in business. The action movies will lots of guns, car chases, and explosions are what sells tickets.

The world can be a scary place. If we learn about how to use scary things (cars and guns) we learn better. Invite someone to go shooting with you.

The world can be a scary place. If we learn about how to use scary things (cars and guns) we learn better. Invite someone to go shooting with you.

If/when you do just make sure you've vetted the hell out of them before you take them. You don't want to take a crazy closed minded lib that no matter what, won't see the other side and their argument, but will only red flag you after, resulting in the local police coming over to kill you. I've met and or know people on the left that are quite open minded and will listen to what someone says and consider their side. Those are ones I'd invite if I were to go shooting. I've met others that will under no circumstance see anything but their own views. Those are people I will never trust nor will I ever tell them anything about me past superficial things.

In short, by all means get others interested in the sport and hobby, even those that think different than you but by all means be smart about it.

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: JOS and OldSalty