• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

guns/rifles insurance

Impact

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2007
Los Angeles,CA
Looking to get an insurance for my guns/rifles. Which one do you recommend ? I'm NRA member and did a quick estimate with the insurance company they suggest. Trying to see if you guys have other recommendations.

thanks

Re: guns/rifles insurance

Best return on your money? A quality gun safe, in my opinion. I told my gun owning homeowners insurance provider that I had 30k+ in my collection and his advice was don't spend the money of the increased rates when the cost of appraisals and documenting their worth and what the Insurance companies will end up paying in a loss claim, will not be worth it in the end. 3 grand on a good gun safe was cheap when he showed me the rates and terms.

If you can get USAA, they have a pretty solid deal for weapons, though you have to report makes, models, serial numbers, and values for them. Still, it's good for smaller collections. I'm nowhere near $30k into my addiction... yet.

well I live in an apartment so big safes are not very practical. Also in case of fire or theft in the car, safes won't help much.
The quote I got was $450 a year.

that rate doesnt seem to bad but be careful. If you have renters insurance for your apartment does that cover stuff stolen from your car or from a fire? im not sure but for some reason i thought it did

I also have renters insurance for our place (covers fire/theft at home).
I've been looking for a firearms insurance only. the $450 a year is just for the guns.

I have a rider on my renters insurance, I have to have pics, Sn, and value with receipts if I can have them, costs me 1$ per 1k$ of insurance a month. If they are stolen any were in the world I get my money for them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can get USAA, they have a pretty solid deal for weapons, though you have to report makes, models, serial numbers, and values for them. Still, it's good for smaller collections. I'm nowhere near $30k into my addiction... yet. </div></div>

USAA is great!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can get USAA, they have a pretty solid deal for weapons, though you have to report makes, models, serial numbers, and values for them. Still, it's good for smaller collections. I'm nowhere near $30k into my addiction... yet. </div></div>

I have usaa, and did not provide serial numbers. I told them that I have them on file and if needed will provide them in the event of a claim. I also clarified that the serial numbers were not required for the policy.

I also write detailed descriptions of modifications along with the dollar amount that its worth. I over value some guns with sentimental value....

YMMV

Bax

Man you really need to move out of PRK, 30k in firearms and you live in an apartment because a houses are so over valued,

BOLTRIPPER said:
get two while you are at it.....you'll need 'em

then glue 'em to the floor [/quote

Don't you mean bolt?