• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report Gunsim on BlackBerry

Skeld1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2010
Maine
Hi,

I downloaded Gunsim onto my Blackberry as a way to get started with long distance shooting. I was messing around with different calibers and comparing Gunsim to the ballistics calcluator at gseven.com. I'm a little puzzled by why Gunsim thinks for instance the 22-250 is such a beast at long range. For instance, it thinks that at 700 yds it drops 75", 33" by 3 o'clock wind @ 10 MPH, 2021 FPS, and 544 Ft-lb. Gseven.com has 140" drop, 90" by wind, 1107 FPS and 163 ft-lb. This seems a lot more likely given the .227 BC and the fact that it is a 60 gr bullet. What gives?

Re: Gunsim on BlackBerry

Yeah, they are both set for 200 yd. zero. It looks like the .22-250 doesn't slow down as much on Gunsim as it travels out. Doesn't make sense. It's like it's not being penalized for it's .227 BC.

I have gunsim and it has been pretty accurate for my loads so far. I will play with that load later to see what I get.

On the hornany load I used with a 200yd zero I have a drop of106" and wind drift of 70" at 700 yds, I havent played with any enviro factors either.

That's with a 22-250? I ran the Federal Vital Shok and came up with 75" drop and 33.9" wind at 700 yds. Somethings wrong with mine but I can't figure it out.

Have you guys made sure the temperature is accurate for that thing?

I've been having a hard time finding a ballistic program for my Blackberry Pearl. Where does one get gunsim? Is it free? Thanks

I set the temp to 50 degrees F but I guess that doesn't mean it is calculating it right.