• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Gunsmith for M40 A1 builld any one heard of or used him?

Tickle

Exhale....Squeeze
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2012
Georgia
Anyone heard of Leo Conring? Gary Schneider at Schneider barrels recommended him to me. Anyone have any work done or rifles built by him? I've spoken with him by phone, retired USMC sniper and worked at PWS Quantico also. Very nice guy and informative. I don't have any doubts about him at all, just wondering if anyone has used him by chance.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The name is VERY familiar and may have run across him back in the day. It's been a while though... Let us know how the build goes. Did he give you a lead time?

Quoted 40 hours labor and less than a month turn around providing I have all the parts. I've got everything except the Mcmillan M40 A1 HTG stock. Mcmillan has about a 6 month lead time right now so I'm checking other sources. Thanks for the response. Every one that I've talked with "Gary Schneider". and "DD Ross" and a few others know him and have spoken very highly of him. I should be able to get my build going later this week when my barrel gets here from Schneider.

Nice. The more I think about it, the more I think I've come across him or at least seen his name signing my gun books. If he was with 2d FSSG or Stone Bay between '95-'01, then I definitely ran across him. Quite frankly any 2112 would get a thumbs up from me, they always did magnificent work on our rifles.

Thanks for the info. Gradous RIfles is about 3 hours away from me as well. I know several good builders, I had Steven at Surgeon do my last build. I was a little excited to find a 2112 retiree so close by. He's just about a half hour away. Have you ever used American Precision Arms?