• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Gunsmith in KC Kansas Area!

flounderv2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Can anyone recommend a good gunsmith in the Kansas City Kansas area. Yes I know that GAP is close but not sure it makes sense to go that route for the minimal work that needs done. My father lives in KC KS and has a Rem 700 that has had a cross threaded base hole. I have suggested that he needs gets the base holes re-tapped to the larger size and centered. I told him I could recommend a smith from here to send it to but he is apprehensive about sending his rifle so I told him I would try and get some recommendations for smiths in his area.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you guys can provide.

Re: Gunsmith in KC Kansas Area!

im sure that GAP wouldnt have a problem doing it, it probably wouldnt take very long either. Give George a call

Might call Chris at Longshot Rifles if you want an option to GAP. Have to think both places will do the work maybe even while you wait.

PM sent with a few links.