• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmith in Kentucky?

Spazz.

Nobody Nothing
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2008
Franklin County, KY
Hopefully this question will be alright here. I debated asking in the gunsmithing and rimfire forums, but I know more people visit here consistently. Anyway, the important stuff -

I have a friend who bought an old tube-fed 22lr bolt gun, and it's having trouble picking up and feeding the cartridges sometimes. Does anyone know a good gunsmith around central Kentucky (Georgetown, Frankfort, Lexington) who could probably fix it for him? I've not had need of a gunsmith yet, so I don't know anyone and would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks everyone!

Re: Gunsmith in Kentucky?

Bud's has moved from Paris to Lexington.
If they don't have somebody working for them, I'm sure they could recommend somebody.

BudsGunShop.Com
1105 Industry Road
Lexington, KY 40505
Phone: (859) 368-0371

Duh, I didn't think of calling a gun shop. I'll check with them and a couple of the dealers around here. Thanks for the derp-check.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bud's has moved from Paris to Lexington.
If they don't have somebody working for them, I'm sure they could recommend somebody.

BudsGunShop.Com
1105 Industry Road
Lexington, KY 40505
Phone: (859) 368-0371
</div></div>

They are not Buds Gun shop anymore. The Paris store still is but the Lexington based store is "the gun warehouse". Buds online portion is done out of there though.

Try Classic Arms and Archery on Southland Dr.

Thanks for the info.

I copied and pasted the above address and phone number from their website.

Antique and Modern Firearms has an in-house gunsmith that does pretty good work. I wouldn't have him do serious riflesmithing work, but for repairs he does a fine job.

If you can't find a gunsmith, try spraying Gun Scrubber down the tube and follow up with Remington dry Teflon lube. If it has a feed ramp (depending on the model) try to polish it with polishing compound.