• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Gunsmith Info

Gunner2

Private
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2009
Norman, Oklahoma
Hello all, this is my first post on the board. I must say that it is a pleasure and I am excited to be a member of such a dedicated community.

I am looking to build my first custom rifle, and as much as I would like to have G.A. precision or APA or Surgeon build my stick I am just a little strapped for cash and would like to use a local builder (in Oklahoma.) I have tried to research some guys in and around the state and have heard from people that participate in shoots and at some of the better gun shops around town. I have seen the work and heard great things about John Beanland in North Texas i believe. I have seen some of his sticks on sale here and they look like they shoot lights out. I have also heard a few good and bad things about Jim Paul Brown in Elk City Oklahoma. I talked to a few guys that really liked him and then spoke to another that said have Jerry Newman (in Elk City also) build your gun. I saw that he had a website and I'm thinking of giving either Jerry or John Beanland a call.

Any info that anyone has on some good builders in Oklahoma would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: Gunsmith Info

id pm Fletcher on here, he has had John build a few guns for him. You would be g2g with John, he builds some nasty sticks

I'm anxiously awaiting a build from John Beanland, but he's not in Texas. He is in Gould, Oklahoma. Its about 2 1/2 + hours from Oklahoma City. He is a super super nice guy and is really very meticulous about his builds. I saw some guns that he had built for a few guys on the hide here and they are stunning!

I'd give him a shout, not to say that any of the other guys aren't fully capable of producing sweet sticks! May also want to look up Steve Baldwin in Jones, Oklahoma. I've dealt with him and he is outstanding as well.

Welcome to the board!

i know and have shot with Jerry Newman....me thinks all his pistol expertise has been directed toward building some fine sticks....

Have a rifle on its way from Jon right now. He is bsolutely fantstic to work with. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.