• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Gunsmith List and Contact Information

dave1894

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2007
IRAQ
I am posting this and hopefully it will sticky for the future if a admin chooses to do so.

Can everyone pull together and help me build a LARGE list of good gunsmiths with their contact information. With that being said please leave out smiths who do not have the ability of finishing a rifle from top to bottom. I know there are hundreds of excellent smiths out there so lets see them!

Don't forget to post contact information and test your links if you link to a website or email. I will start it off with example post.

Lw

Re: Gunsmith List and Contact Information

ron sinema
benchmark barrels # 360 652 2549
located in Arlington , western wa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robert Gradous</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surgeon Rifles
Collier Rifles
Terry Cross
Greg: Gre-Tan Rifles
AND MANY OTHERS </div></div>

Did you read my post of just the heading? I was requested that you do more than just list names... And I already added Terry Cross...

Lw

LW,
Your a dumb dumb.... Robert Gradous is a smith and a very well known one. He offers the best (in my opinion) build package. He has all the parts and you go to Georgia and do all the "smith" work with him looking over your shoulder. I would strongly click on the link in his sig line

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LW,
Your a dumb dumb.... Robert Gradous is a smith and a very well known one. He offers the best (in my opinion) build package. He has all the parts and you go to Georgia and do all the "smith" work with him looking over your shoulder. I would strongly click on the link in his sig line </div></div>

The pictures of Roberts shop look like an operating room. First class smith all the way. I've spoken with Robert on several occasions as well, very knowledgeable and down to earth.

I did not know he was a smith lol. Lonewolf makes ass of self once again...

Lw

Smiths I have ether worked with, or intend to work with in the future:

Stockade Gun Stocks
http://www.stockadegunstocks.com
Kevin & Janet Rayhill
61 Stockade Road
Chadron, NE 69337

wnroscoe
Louisiana Precision Rifles
(318)-422-0421
http://www.louisianaprecisionrifles.com/Contact.aspx

Hooper LE Supply
PO Box 446
Shorter, AL 36075
1-888-249-0884
http://www.hooperordnance.com

American Precision Arms
55 Lyle Field Rd.
Jefferson, GA 30549
706-534-1577
http://www.americanprecisionarms.com

LPR Gunsmith
11 Suburban Acres
N. Swanzey, NH 03431
(603) 357-0055
http://www.lprgunsmith.com

GA Precision
1141 Swift Street
North Kansas City, MO, 64116
Phone Number: (816) 221-1844
Fax Number: (816) 421-4958
http://www.gaprecision.net

Hi if needing work here in Australia

Grenfell Armouring Service
26 Bell Streel
Bendigo
Victoria
Australia 3550
grenfellarmouringservice.com.au
grenfellarmouringservice.com
[email protected]
61 3 54413380

Call to speek to Geoff Grenfell he is actualy the No1 shooter for Australia int he next Commonwelth Games for Full Bore and already has one Gold from canada.

I help Geoff out in his shop we build from start to finish and Are the Australian importer for Lawton, Seekins, Master Class stocks, and also have CG triggers, Jewell, Nightforce, Shehane and can get most other parts to order.

The site is not finished yet i have to get all the info ont he products done for the web developer i dont have time to make the site.

We specilise in building the rifle the customer wants it does take a while for a full build generaly 12 months so we can get actions, stocks, bottom metal and rings, rails and other items. we do all our own GunKote in the shop fit Tac Ops bolt knobs, trigger jobs.

Hope this is allowed as you were after details and as here in Australia it is a bit harder to get the rifles most of you guys have. We have a Class one dealers licence meaning we can have anything that go's bang if it is already in the country and do special work for pro shooters who have supressor permits.

Jerry Newman([email protected])
580-339-0097
Elk City, OK
Jerry was recommended to me by Terry Cross(hear the choral music in the background). Jerry is a topshelf 'smith and built a wonderfully accurate 30-06 for me. He went out of his way to keep me informed of the status of the build; did not hesitate to ask questions concerning what I wanted; and is as nice a guy as Terry.

Howard Pitts (Pitts Precision)
931-993-6122

Howard is local to me. If you "google" him, you will find rave reviews. He has yet to build a complete rifle for me, but his bolt knobs are very nice and he garners great respect in the F-class circuit. I think Howard is the man to watch as word of his work gets out.

Both of these guys are great to work with and build guns as if they were building them for themselves.

it says alot about a guy who is known to be one of the best tactical rifle builders in the world who list other builders on this list of "who's who".

Gradous Rifles
Robert Gradous
3021A Old Waynesboro Rd.
Hephzibah, Ga. 30815
706-554-2959

Keep them comming ladies and gents. I am putting together a folder with as many future gunsmiths as I can. I have quite a list now but if there are some more you reccommend than please list them. I recieved some "professional messages" on some other's that dont want their name publicized. Thanks!

JRH Advanced Gunsmithing
530-268-6877
Sacramento Ca area

Robert Gradous. wwww.gradousrifles.com

Great guy, Great gunsmith.

Sabreco (Fred Szablewski) PA. superb work on AR uppers, complete rifles, bedding etc. Skippack, PA (610-584-8228). superb machinist. direct communications.
works with Robt Whitley @ 6mmar.com on some amazing AR cartridges not found elsewhere.

Greg Tannel @ Gre-tan Rifles. www.gretanrifles.com (970) 878-5421. Has forgotten more than I will ever know about rifles.

Mark Gordon @ http://www.shortactioncustoms.com/ Cerakoting, bolt knob adds, complete builds. great customer service. (440)-309-0085. Available & passionate about his craft.

Reactions: Westcoast308

This thread showed up at number 3 on yahoo search
smile.gif

Is there any way we can post some more referances here? If you have a good referance I would like to add some more to my list.

Thank you much,
Lw

Mark Chanlynn
Rocky Mountain Rifle works
931 Stone Canyon Rd Longmont, CO 80503 (303) 823-6270

Score High Gunsmithing
Charley Robertson
www.scorehi.com
9812-A Cochiti Rd. SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123
SH screenname: <span style="color: #FF6600"><span style="font-weight: bold">ScoreHigh</span></span>