• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Gunsmith recommendation in Dallas/Fort Worth area?

urabus

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2012
South Africa
Hi guys,

i'm busy planning a trip of a life time to the US.
I want to get a few things done while im there (truing, rebarrel….etc)
any recommendations?

tks

Hunter Phillips-- HP Precision Inc (Texas)

Might not be that close to Dallas but he can definitely take care of your needs

Reactions: urabus
Scott weichel. Live Oak Accuracy, Wylie Texas 972-404-6703 check him out on Google he is top notch, and a pleasure to deal with.

Hi,

@urabus
I see you are from South Africa...is that correct?
If so lets make sure you cover all the planning you need in regards of your trip and rifle work :)

1. Do you intend to bring the firearm with you that you are wanting some work done to?
A. Have you filed the ATF Form 6NIA (Application For Temporary Importation of Firearms by Non-immigrant Aliens)?
B. You will also be required to obtain a license from the State in which you intend to "hunt".
C. This cannot be completed upon arrival into the USA anymore..they must be completed prior to arrival.

Sincerely,
Theis

Asteroid Precision and Alamo Precision. I know both shops, have not had anything done by either of them, but I shoot with people that have their rifles. Quality work, targets reflect it.

The good smiths have waiting lists that go for months, six or more is common for that type of work. I live within 2 miles of a fine gunsmith, but the list endures.
Big Dave at Elk Castle in Fort Worth is very good but has a large backlog.
Has been working on my fierarms since the 1980's.
Went else were once to save time, never again.

If you find a smith without a backlog you have to wonder why.

Possibly setting up an appointment in advance may work in your circumstances.
http://www.elkcastle.com/contact.php