• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmith Recommendations Reno Area

charnicus

👻👻👻
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2018
Mos Eisley
Any recommendations for a solid gunsmith in the Reno area? Willing to drive a bit as well. Wanting to get a chassis skim bedded and would rather not ship everything if I don’t have to.

Thanks in advance for any responses other than, “you don’t need to do that” or questions validating my assumed lack of intelligence. 🤙

I don't have much experience with local shops other than Reno Gunsmithing. Only had one job done by them and it was a small one - paid to get an R700 barrel threaded and muzzle brake timed.

It took a couple weeks (5-6 if I remember correctly) but they were up front about lead times and stayed true to it. Was more expensive than I thought it'd be but I was seriously disappointed when I removed the muzzle brake a year later and found that their timing just consisted of throwing a peel washer on ..... Coulda just done that myself and saved some dough.

Rifle shot well though. Do with that what you will, hope it helps some 👍

I don't have much experience with local shops other than Reno Gunsmithing. Only had one job done by them and it was a small one - paid to get an R700 barrel threaded and muzzle brake timed.

It took a couple weeks (5-6 if I remember correctly) but they were up front about lead times and stayed true to it. Was more expensive than I thought it'd be but I was seriously disappointed when I removed the muzzle brake a year later and found that their timing just consisted of throwing a peel washer on ..... Coulda just done that myself and saved some dough.

Rifle shot well though. Do with that what you will, hope it helps some 👍
That’s good info. Appreciate the response 🙏

You might find someone here:

Reactions: charnicus