• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Gunsmith Resource: action threads

SurgeonPredator

barrel boy
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2008
South Germany
www.lothar-walther.de
Hey everyone, long time since I posted something meaningful on the Hide...

Anyway, I though it might be a good contribution to start a thread about action threads for us to collect, so the enthusiast can look up various thread specs for the corresponding action.

Something that could go into a sorted list or even spread sheet for easier reference.

Since not everyone has access to spare barrels/actions or information about the exact specs of the thread in question, I try to start something everybody can profit from and hopefully people are willing to contribute.

Now the only problem arises from verifying the specs. Not every thread is exactly the same and some are recut, modified, worn out or simply out of spec. Usually three values should be known: thread type, pitch and length. In some cases the flank lead diameter differs, which should also be noted.

For example:

AI AW: M27x2,0; L=?
AR-15: 13/16-16 UN; L= .620
Rem 700: 1 1/16 - 16 UN; L= .885
Mauser 98: 1.1 - 12; L= 16mm
Mauser 96: .98 - 12; L= 21mm
Sako L461/AI: 22mm - 16; L=?
Savage M110: 1 1/8 - 20; L= ;(old barrels 1 1/16 - 20)

Last edited: