• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Gunsmith

Chuck0313

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Here's what I got. Remington 700 action, USMC barrel blank from Gary Schneider, DD Ross floor metal, McMillan A5 stock, Jewel trigger, Badger Ordnance USMC rings on order, DD Ross optics platform, and a DD Ross recoil lug.

What I'm looking for is a good reputable gunsmith or company to true up and lap the action; chamber, cut, and crown the barrel to USMC specs; and bed the whole thing in my A5 stock with Devcon.

I am looking for recommendations on who or who not to use. I live in the Phoenix Arizona area so local smiths are better, but I'm willing to go out of area.

Re: Gunsmith

I understand this is not going to be done in one day. I would like to get it back as soon as possible. I would say no more than 4 to 5 months.

Re: Gunsmith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe that Mr. Roscoe helped a member here straiten out a spec gun that DD Ross fucked up for him , drop him a line I'm sure that his wait should be reasonable.

I'm gonna have a barrel shipped out to him ASAP for a brake

http://www.louisianaprecisionrifles.com/ </div></div>
+1
William is working on a build for me, he's a great guy to work with