• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing gunsmithing school

rc-junky007

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2009
california/crapole
ok i am a junior in high school and was wanting to get into gunsmithing but i dont know what the best colleges are. i have done some research but didnt really find much so help is much appriciated.
junky

Re: gunsmithing school

I hope by gunsmith school you are talking about a brick and mortar school not a correspondence school. While some correspondence schools like AGI can give you a basic understanding you get no hands on experience. Depending on which state you are in their are gunsmith apprenticeships you can start at 16 yrs old. I am working with the state of OHIO now to get a gunsmith apprenticeship program started there and they allow high school students attending a vocational school to do the apprenticeship. It might be something to look into, www.taogart.org has info there. If you can start taking some machine classes if your school offers them, it would give you a head start. start getting books on gunsmithing from the library and read them take notes. A good library is one of the best tools a gunsmith can have at the bench. Good luck its good to see someone as young as you thinking of getting into the trade.