• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Gunsmoke sniper rifle.

Re: Gunsmoke sniper rifle.

WTF scope was on that piece of crap...

Sooo... they over spent by $8K ??? Never really did give a final price...

I wished I could get back my 30 mins..... Waste of TV time.

I don't know why I keep watching that show but I am constantly sucked in.

What a rip off on the shot gun. $1400 and that guy supplied the shot gun. I didn't see $1400 worth of extra there.

It was obvious on the scope. A bad ass sniper rifle has to have the best.

Counter-Sniper!!! It has Sniper in the name. HAHA

the price he paid for 8 full auto's several of them suppressed??

and!!!

-I would like a 338 lapua...
-Wow that's a thousand yard gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys still watch this shit? </div></div>

just happen to see the preview for "1000 yard sniper rifle for a swat team", thats definitely a must see........
whistle.gif

Did anyone else catch the picattiny bipod adapter that he "machined" himself? It looked strangely like the piece of crap Weaver adapter that I have. And by strangely like I mean identical, rubber gasket and all.

and the stock had to be inletted to fit a rail to the bottom.......riggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt............

At least there was an explosion or two on the show.
They probably buy tannerite by the truck load.

Surprised they didn't just buy one of the Savage tactical rifles in 338 Lapua caliber and bling it up with a "custom" paint job.

I laughed at the goober spotter using binoculars.
At least he did pull out some sort of spotting scope to watch the refrigerator explode. Bet there was somebody in the background flipping a switch to blow the refrigerator.

The show is over the top, fabricated and scipted BS. I still get suckered in. I like looking at mama and daughter.
$70K for 7 each Post sample MG's?? LOL. The UMP is $1,500 and they cant give those away, MP5SD, $2,500-$3K, M16's, $1,200 each ect. Total sale price should have been more like $15K in real life.
It seams like Discovery Channel has got wrapped up in "negotiation drama" type shows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Farmallsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The show is over the top, fabricated and scipted BS. I still get suckered in. I like looking at mama and daughter.
$70K for 7 each Post sample MG's?? LOL. The UMP is $1,500 and they cant give those away, MP5SD, $2,500-$3K, M16's, $1,200 each ect. Total sale price should have been more like $15K in real life.
It seams like Discovery Channel has got wrapped up in "negotiation drama" type shows. </div></div>

Where are you getting your numbers????
I did a quick search and found a "civilian transferrable" M16 full auto lower for $28,900 on Autoweapons.com
The least expensive full auto I found listed as being transferrable on the website was $5000 with most that listed prices being between $5000 and $10000. Most of the items that looked more desirable to me did not even list a price but give a link to call for a price.

I gotta call BS on your lowball prices.
You sure you aren't thinking of prices on law enforcement full auto's that aren't transferrable to civilians?

post samples are not that expensive because they are for dealers, LE and military only, civilian transfeerables command the premium prices which most of those MG are not.
this show sucks ball, i stopped watching a few shows back and apparently haven't missed much.
cheers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Okie Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Farmallsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The show is over the top, fabricated and scipted BS. I still get suckered in. I like looking at mama and daughter.
It seams like Discovery Channel has got wrapped up in "negotiation drama" type shows. </div></div>

Where are you getting your numbers????
I did a quick search and found a "civilian transferrable" M16 full auto lower for $28,900 on Autoweapons.com
The least expensive full auto I found listed as being transferrable on the website was $5000 with most that listed prices being between $5000 and $10000. Most of the items that looked more desirable to me did not even list a price but give a link to call for a price.

I gotta call BS on your lowball prices.
You sure you aren't thinking of prices on law enforcement full auto's that aren't transferrable to civilians? </div></div>

Dude, Those were post sample machine guns. I'm an FFL/SOT so call BS on that

www.NFAventures.com

FYI, how many transferable UMP's have you seen???? Police departments are getting rid of those junkers by the pile. AND who the hell buys transferable machine guns for rent?????

I was waiting for that D-Bag Rich to rip the shotgun out of the owner's hands after he was done shooting those targets. Not sure if you picked up on it in every other episode but the guy has issues letting someone else hold the guns after they shoot them and he always snatches them out of their hands. I'm shocked he didnt do it to the guy with the shotgun. His hands were up in the ready like he was going to and I think he may have been starting to salivate at the corners of his mouth like it was killing him for the owner to be holding his own gun!

One of the best ones yet was the $800.00 lame ass zebra paint job on the M&P.

Or how they raped a guy on a lever gun for his kid for $18k

They picked up a used Barrett M82 for 6k and flipped it as soon as it hit their doors for 10k.

When is the guy in charge going to prison for theft?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgicalPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone else catch the picattiny bipod adapter that he "machined" himself? It looked strangely like the piece of crap Weaver adapter that I have. And by strangely like I mean identical, rubber gasket and all. </div></div>

Nobody makes a rail that doesn't have to be inletted! Gotta CNC one

You know... the bad thing is they REALLY have an opportunity to really inform people... and have a good show. They and producers just get caught up in the BS and go WAY to far... If they would slow down and be realistic while explaining things, there viewer ratings would increase.

For example... The (8) machine guns... They should have explained EACH one real quick... when they were made and HOW they are transferable or NOT...

Would have been an easy 5-7 mins... but would have really helped... That is just ONE aspect of the show being sooo screwed up.

The American NFA rules would put everyone to sleep. NOT good TV

I'm still surprised in the lack of education within the standard firearms community...shit....%85 still think silencers are illegle

I wonder if Discovery puts insane prices on the guns to discourage gun ownership. I am curious how many potential gun owners were disuaded from buying guns because they saw this show and thought they couldn't afford them. Just a thought.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RidgeAve. Rifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if Discovery puts insane prices on the guns to discourage gun ownership. I am curious how many potential gun owners were disuaded from buying guns because they saw this show and thought they couldn't afford them. Just a thought. </div></div>

^^this is what Ive been thinking, they state these rediculous prices to either discourage ownership or to make their show seem more high class. Either way its despicable.

Every department I worked for was required to get bids and submit them to the city council for review and approval before that kind of expenditure. I can't think of a single reason to spend that kind of money on a single rifle with an obviously crappy optic when you can get two from remington or savage with quality optics and a manufacturer warranty. And all that stupid paint and artwork might be ok for a presentation rifle that will never see the field but has no place on an actual duty weapon. And someone correct me if i'm wrong but I don't remember the 338LM being capable of penetrating an engine block at 1000 yards.
And the guy who paid 1700 to have his grandpas shotgun converted? A quick search of the remington site and you can get the same thing minus taclite forend and side saddle for under 600. Spend 100 on the two add ons and you can buy two of these and a whole lot of ammo, and keep your original shotgun. This show makes question whether the producers do any research whatsoever.

A real SWAT team would just krylon the rifle anyways. Way too shiny!

We're at the point now where reality television is just another style of marketing. Wanna get more exposure? Start a reality show about your shop. They're all so scripted at this point, it's like a giant infomercial they ultimately control. The only thing Discovery cares about is ratings, now discouraging gun ownership.

Of course, all of this is a double-edged sword because when you throw yourself out there in the public domain, you open yourself up to criticism, right or wrong. Gunsmoke, Red Jacket - they're all quickly becoming a joke to the shooting community they serve, but are becoming a brand name to the public.

I watched part of either the first or second episode. What I saw was enough for me to know that it was another waste of time TV pos.