• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunwerks Brass?

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
Minuteman
  • May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    Anyone used Gunwerks brass in a 300 magnum? I'm looking at the 300 Norma specifically, and don't want to be held back by weaker brass if I can help it. Seems like Lapua, Petersen, and ADG make quality stuff but they are all sold out to my knowledge.

Thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

I had it in 7LRM. Overall, really inconsistent measurements; Weight, OAL, neck thickness, everything.

That being said, the stuff has lasted FOREVER. I'm on my 15th firing, although I do anneal. Primer pockets still good-ish.

I heard they have changed their supplier. This was a few years ago.

Reactions: rlsmith1
    I had it in 7LRM. Overall, really inconsistent measurements; Weight, OAL, neck thickness, everything.

That being said, the stuff has lasted FOREVER. I'm on my 15th firing, although I do anneal. Primer pockets still good-ish.

I heard they have changed their supplier. This was a few years ago.
    I appreciate it! I think I saw somewhere they use Hornady for their brass now? Seems like if Hornady is the brass then I might as well just buy the Norma brass that is cheaper and available too.

Got it, I gave them a call and they couldn't confirm exactly who but it was one of the guys that make tough brass. Will see how it goes!

I have ran a ton of the 6mm Creed which is ADG which has been as fantastic as Lapua but I bought it at half the price. It is now within a couple dollars so I would opt for the blue box imo.

Reactions: rlsmith1
    I ordered 100 of their 300 Norma brass since it’s out of stock everywhere else I’ve seen. I should be able to get it loaded up the next month or so and report back!

How many rounds do you guys send down the barrel before starting load development?

I ordered 100 of their 300 Norma brass since it’s out of stock everywhere else I’ve seen. I should be able to get it loaded up the next month or so and report back!

How many rounds do you guys send down the barrel before starting load development?
    Very interested to hear back on this in particular. 300 NM brass is so hard to find and I'm going to be needing some shortly

Bought 100 pieces and 10 showed up with necks that needed to be reworked. I don’t know if this is normal and just happens when brass is shipped, but not what I expected. They were packed loose in a custom Gunwerks zippered back which was a nice touch. Will shoot some today to start barrel break in (208 Amax’s and 7828 needs to be used up).

1690645537533.jpeg