• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunwerks Elevate Bipod

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Gunwerks is announcing its Elevate Bipod Today !

Elevate Bipod Cut Sheet.jpg

Elevate Bipod Cut Sheet 2.jpg

Bipods have turned a corner and this new Elevate bipod is a pretty elegant solution. I will have some words on it shortly as I just returned from Alaska. https://www.gunwerks.com/

Some neat features with this bipod and the tripod style leg system is pretty smart too. The mounting is limited right now to a picatinny rail as I don't see an upgrade or change path for it. But the 90 degree bit / turn system is cool for sure, fast too.

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0876.JPG
    IMG_0877.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG

Looks well made.

My only comment is that the apex of the bipod (where the legs connect/intersect if you were to draw a straight line through each leg) is under the barrel, so the CoG will be high.

Will be curious to see how these perform.

Their options mention an arca mount and a XT version which I assume will be a little taller. Those are what I'm waiting for info on. Otherwise it looks like a simple sleek system. I would consider one for hunting if it doesn't blow by the ckye pod in price(not holding my breath with gunwerks).

Very excited about this. Price is right. 5"-19", Pull to deploy, spring loaded notched legs for height adjustment. I mean it's pretty much everything I'd want in a hunting bipod

Reactions: Jeff Gahler
    I like it but not sure about the 90 deg picatinny mounting gimmick, what is the rail is slightly out of spec, seems like it could wobble. I'd much prefer the RRS Arca/picatinny thumbwheel mount.

Gunwerks is announcing its Elevate Bipod Today !

View attachment 8185364
    View attachment 8185370

Bipods have turned a corner and this new Elevate bipod is a pretty elegant solution. I will have some words on it shortly as I just returned from Alaska. https://www.gunwerks.com/

Some neat features with this bipod and the tripod style leg system is pretty smart too. The mounting is limited right now to a picatinny rail as I don't see an upgrade or change path for it. But the 90 degree bit / turn system is cool for sure, fast too.

View attachment 8185388
    View attachment 8185389
    View attachment 8185390View attachment 8185391View attachment 8185392
    I learned my lesson about buying cheap because its cheap. cheap is actually far more expensive in the long run.

Have you had the opportunity to put this thing to work, and what is your opinion. I'm shopping for one now and this certainly compares favorably price wise to other quality bipods.

Looks nice, let us know how it performs.

Do you know if the Atlas spiked feet will work, of if they make their own?
    Pretty sure they’re making some spiked feet as i saw in one of their videos.

So to note it seems very steady without the sleeves extended. With the full extension of 19” it’s not as steady but it’s still very stable. Enough that with a rear bag i would use it crouching all day. Also frees up a tripod if you and a friend are hunting together and are both sitting.

One caveat is that the 6” position is with the legs splayed. So they can’t be directly stowed and deployed in the 6” position.

Thus far i really like it though. Easily the most versatile bipod I’ve had to date. Is it as stable as my TBAC? No, but it’s very stable, lighter, and gives me a huge range of height

@Lowlight or anyone else how does it compare to the CAL ? I’m very happy with mine just hate having to add and take off the leg extensions.

It’s different than the CaL, it’s not the same in those terms.

Too many times people mistake, apples and oranges, and it’s why we say, not all things are equal or in co text.

It would be like comparing a Harris to a Sinclair style F Class bipod. One spans 6” the other 16” both are bipods but gave a different use.

Today context matters way too much, why, why have far too many variations to distinguish.

It’s not the same.

anyone know when these will be in stock and where we can buy them? ordering directly from gunwerks says 3 month backlog, was wondering if there is any place that has them in stock as a vendor/distributor.

I shot it a bunch this past weekend and really liked it, I had someone else shoot it too and they also agreed it was a good bipod

FLG_0623.jpg

Don't mind the Vortex I already changed that, we had to swap out a NF at the last moment, so originally it was meant to look like this :

FLG_0564.jpg

Reactions: Ernest 5.56
    Received mine this weak and it's defective. ;(
    The right leg doesn't hold any tension. Takes almost no force to collapse it back into itself. See below.
    Rokslide forums showing several QC issues besides mine.
    Reached out to Gunwerks earlier this week...transferred to customer service...left a voicemail....twice. Still no call back. ;/

I'm sure GW will make good on it, but still disappointing.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
    • Wow
    Reactions: nrspence
    Gunwerks has great marketing. Their products are just always overpriced and fall short. Hopefully they square this one away cause it seems promising. I'm sure rrs bipod or Chinese bipod will come out soon that will resemble gunwerks.

Anything new with this? Looking for a new bipod before next season and really like the feature set of the elevate. All I can find is a few in the wild with tolerance or QC issues and sites with backorder postings

Received an email from Gunwerks on 1-16-24. Below is a copy/paste of the relevant stuff. I ordered and paid for one the beginning of September 2023 and looks like a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm ok with the wait but curious where I sit in the queue? If anyone on here has ordered one and is waiting, perhaps share the order date/order #. My order # is SO81974. Assuming order numbers are sequential?

Dear Gunwerks Customer,
    We’re writing with an updated development timeline for the Gunwerks Elevate bipod.

Our team has made significant progress in the previous weeks and we expect to see our first sample units coming off the production line by next week. From there, it's thorough testing! If all goes well with testing these first new units, we could have the first 400 units in production and complete by the beginning of February.

However, these first few sample units are an opportunity for us to work out any kinks in the production process before we ramp up to full capacity building bipods. As often goes with new developments, the possibility of catching a few items needing final refinement in this step is real. If this does happen, it could delay going into full production by a few weeks, but we fully expect to begin shipping units in February, filling orders and repairs on a first come first serve basis.​
    Demand is high and the backlog has grown significantly. It will take a few months to fully catch up, particularly for orders farther back in the queue. But rest assured, we're working tirelessly to get bipods back, better than ever, in your hands and on store shelves! We anticipate being fully caught up by mid-spring​

Been using mine without issue I really like it. It's just needs spiked feet. The default rubber grommeted feet don't really hold to much. Warne also has a new lightweight bipod for about $200 that looks to be everything I wanted out of the GRND pod but metal construction.

Reactions: Hula Popper
    Well, good news, looks like Gowest is the only one in front of me, LOL.

Checked out the Warne "Light" bipods ... they look to be about a 17 or 18 oz vs 12 oz for the Elevate. Also leg travel is less (13" VS 19") on the Warne light. Price is good though. I have a regular Warne bipod that I added an RRS QD adapter so it could be used on Pic and Arca rails - it weighs 21 oz. Was planning on using the Elevate on a NRL Hunter rifle build - which is quickly getting near the 12 lb pound limit so every ounce is starting to count.

Hey guys, an update here on the Elevate 2.0 bipod.

We've completed revisions and testing. Going in to production shortly and expect to begin shipping new bipods in March. We'll be prioritizing sending out replacements to all the guys who bought gen 1 bipods.

Feedback and testing on the 2.0 bipod has been excellent. Ultimately, the Elevate 2.0 looks and functions almost the same as the original as far as spec and capability. Our focus has primarily been on refining small features and improving longevity/durability and the issues encountered on the original version.

NeoLok & Picatinny Mount
    We completely re-engineered the NeoLok mechanism to where it locks up MUCH more solidly, wears better and adjusts more reliably. It looks much the same on the outside, but the internals are completely re-engineered and lightyears better.
    Gunwerks Bipod NeoLok.jpg

Leg Locks
    We redesigned the leg locks on the quick deploy legs. Square cutouts and a square key make this about 3 times stronger. They won't collapse like earlier versions.
    unnamed (3).jpg

Splay Detents
    We moved from 4 to 3 splay positions on the 2.0, but this allowed us to redesign and beef up the splay detents. These are MUCH stronger and showing far better wear over time and abuse.
    Gunwerks Elevate 2.0 Bipod Splay.jpg

Cant Tension
    This one wasn't really a complaint, but we knew it could be better. Finer thread on the cant tension along with high tech carbon friction elements and a slightly longer ratcheting lever make give it a much better feel with tightening and adjusting cant.
    Gunwerks Bipod Cant Tension.jpg

Weight stays essentially the same at 12 oz.

These are a few of the primary updates. Overall, nearly every part on the bipod got a few rounds of revisions and refinements. Functionally, it's much the same as the original (We feel like we knocked it out of the park there), the focus has primarily been on refining some of those functions and improving feature designs for durability and longevity.

We're so backordered at this point, unfortunately new orders placed today will likely be looking at a June delivery timeframe as we prioritize filling backorders and replacing old units. But we're working hard to catch up and get our customers taken care of! We're working on maxing out production. There should be a steady supply by summer, but it's not a bad idea to put a deposit on one now to hold a place in line: https://www.gunwerks.com/bipod

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
      unnamed (3).jpg
      166.1 KB · Views: 21
    Last edited:
    Been waiting for mine since September.......getting a bipod's becoming like waiting for a manners or bartlein.

Anyone with one of the original Elevate bipods, we're happy to get it replaced with a brand new Elevate 2.0 bipod. Drop your original bipod in the mail back to Gunwerks HQ, include a sheet in the box with your name, email, phone and the address you want the replacement shipped to and we'll get a new Elevate 2.0 turned around right away for you!

Gunwerks
    Attn: Bipod Replace
    201 Blackburn St
    Cody, WY 82414

We're busy shipping replacements and backorders currently. The team is building and shipping bipods as quick as they can!

Just received my Elevate 2.0 and it's pretty slick. Based on initial fondlings, as long as it holds up (no reason to think it won't), this is going to be about as good a hunting bipod as you're going to get. Looking forward to testing it out in the woods.

I'll admit though I was upset with the tension lever at first until I read how to index it. Locks up like a champ now and I set mine so it doesn't interfere with the splay adjustment button when fully tensioned. Pretty cool tension system.

IMG_9116.jpeg

IMG_9117.jpeg

IMG_9118.jpeg

IMG_9119.jpeg

I've been waiting on one since Sept.......looking forward to giving it a go and see how it compares to by lightweight ckyepod.

Reactions: landonm
    Just received my Elevate 2.0 and it's pretty slick. Based on initial fondlings, as long as it holds up (no reason to think it won't), this is going to be about as good a hunting bipod as you're going to get. Looking forward to testing it out in the woods.

I'll admit though I was upset with the tension lever at first until I read how to index it. Locks up like a champ now and I set mine so it doesn't interfere with the splay adjustment button when fully tensioned. Pretty cool tension system.

View attachment 8398334

View attachment 8398336

View attachment 8398338

View attachment 8398339
    I'm glad you like it! Yeah, the indexing tension is awesome as long as you realize you can index it! Helps to read the quick start guide! 😁

Reactions: Modoc
    I'm glad you like it! Yeah, the indexing tension is awesome as long as you realize you can index it! Helps to read the quick start guide! 😁
    As a proud and intelligent man I read nothing that comes with a product until the product pisses me off and is "junk" and the "engineers are morons." 😁 So thanks for providing the quick start guide for all us smart guys out there and bolding the text that is the most important for us even smarter guys who need the extra help. 😜

As a proud and intelligent man I read nothing that comes with a product until the product pisses me off and is "junk" and the "engineers are morons." 😁 So thanks for providing the quick start guide for all us smart guys out there and bolding the text that is the most important for us even smarter guys who need the extra help. 😜
    Haha! Mission accomplished!