• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunwerks GLR Titanium SA - 6.5 PRC - 1st hand info request

SmokyJoe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2011
Sonoma County, CA
I am putting together a lighter weight rifle and am considering using a Gunwerks GLR titanium short action for 6.5 PRC. Any first hand experience details, pros, cons, etc would be appreciated. The bolt is chrome moly, NP3 coated, so that should help to mitigate galling, but I would be interested to hear first hand info

This rifle will see ~50 rounds of load development, then maybe 10 - 20 rounds per year, so not a comp setup.

Thanks in advance for feedback from those who have owned or used this action.

OK, some probing of the black box…

Either all the GLR titanium owners are so busy juking their action that they can’t get to the keyboard, or…

All of the GLR titanium owners had to cancel their internets to pay for their action, or…

All of the GLR titanium owners are so astounded at the amazing quality and function of their Holy Grail of Actions that they are dumbfounded, confounded, speechless, knowing that no words could possible convey…

Gunwerks is going through some legal issues, maybe wait for a bit to see if they can provide future support. Go lone peak light weight, good company.

Do a lone peak instead.

Theres news article about gunwerks owing 3mil and getting sued by the bank wanting to seize there assets.... so I wouldn’t order from them rn if I were you.

Last edited:
Reactions: orkan
I’ve got a Mesa Ti action that I am very happy with. I stumbled onto it from a buddy that cancelled a build and did a 300PRC on it. It’s light, straight, square, and looks great.

@okran would you choose terminus zues or lone peak?

Well the Zeus doesn't come in a TI, so if you wanted TI imho the LP is the way togo.

Otherwise I really do like the 60 degree throw personally, but a lot of people don't because of the heavier bolt lift. So that would be the main difference IMHO.
Also the Zeus probably will have more prefit since it has the set screws for quick change barrels.

I am putting together a lighter weight rifle and am considering using a Gunwerks GLR titanium short action for 6.5 PRC. Any first hand experience details, pros, cons, etc would be appreciated. The bolt is chrome moly, NP3 coated, so that should help to mitigate galling, but I would be interested to hear first hand info

This rifle will see ~50 rounds of load development, then maybe 10 - 20 rounds per year, so not a comp setup.

Thanks in advance for feedback from those who have owned or used this action.
I have one in a 7 SAUM and love it. Very well built and smooth.

Attachments

• Saum2.jpg
    Saum2.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: M77