• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunwerks GRB Action / Sniper's Hide Special Offer

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    To the Sniper's Hide Members Use Discount Code "SNHIDE"

Gunwerks is releasing there newest action and offering you $100 off

Gunwerks GRB Features.jpg

The First 100 orders will receive $100 off ($750). The regular price after that will be $850.
    your code "SNHIDE" gets them free shipping as well.

The product page is here: Gunwerks GRB Action (we also have a very small number of lefties available. Once these are gone, it will probably be February before we have any more.

Store Page

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ePVp3TRo4ok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Gunwerks' revolutionary budget-minded rifle action! We cut all of the frills and none of the performance. This is without a doubt, the most affordable, highest performing custom action on the market.

Many have dreamed of owning a Gunwerks rifle. We set our sights on engaging our engineering and manufacturing capabilities to design an action that could be manufactured in an affordable manner, while still employing many of the functional features of a high-end custom action. The result is a truly custom rifle action at a comparable price to buying and truing a factory action.

Built on a Remington 700 footprint, the Gunwerks GRB action will fit most stocks designed for the Remington 700. Featuring Gunwerks' proprietary Tri-Lock™ Recoil Lug, this action offers the quality and accuracy potential of an integral lug action at an introductory price.

Currently available in right and left hand (limited LH availability), long and short action, standard and magnum bolt face.

Gunwerks' revolutionary budget-minded rifle action! We cut all of the frills and none of the performance. This is without a doubt, the most affordable, highest performing custom action on the market.

Many have dreamed of owning a Gunwerks rifle. We set our sights on engaging our engineering and manufacturing capabilities to design an action that could be manufactured in an affordable manner, while still employing many of the functional features of a high-end custom action. The result is a truly custom rifle action at a comparable price to buying and truing a factory action.

Built on a Remington 700 footprint, the Gunwerks GRB action will fit most stocks designed for the Remington 700. Featuring Gunwerks' proprietary Tri-Lock™ Recoil Lug, this action offers the quality and accuracy potential of an integral lug action at an introductory price.

Currently available in right and left hand (limited LH availability), long and short action, standard and magnum bolt face.

Features:
    • Field strippable bolt
    • Proprietary horizontal ejection system
    • One Piece Bolt & Handle
    • NP3 Low Friction bolt coating
    • Threaded, replaceable bolt knob (5/16-24)
    • Tri-Lock™ Recoil Lug Locking Tabs
    • 30 MOA one piece rail or 20 MOA two piece bases included
    • Wyatt Length action enables longer case lenth for loading VLD bullets to the lands
    • "Borden Style" bumps ensure smooth operation and perfect bolt alignment
    • Material: 416 Stainless Steel
    • Action body, shroud, and bolt knob come raw, with a tumbled finish
    • Right or Left hand
    • Long or Short action
    • Standard or Magnum bolt face
    • Weight: Long Action: 29.7oz | Short Action: 27.5oz
    • Length: Long Action: 8.95in | Short Action: 8.10in
    • Gunwerks Model GRB action
    • Gunwerks uses a unique barrel thread tenon. Please review specifications here.
    • This item requires an FFL for transfer. After ordering you will recieve an email requestiong your preferred FFL information.

Box.jpg
    Left Quarter Cutout_1.jpg

Last edited:
    I don't think i've ever been interested in gunwerks stuff but that is a pretty viable option. The extractor looked like a modified or completely reworked compared to the 700 clip. Any details on it?

"budget minded rifle action" that can't make use of the huge prefit market. I was set to buy one till I saw that. Still looks like a nice action but that is a huge selling point for lots of people.

"budget minded rifle action" that can't make use of the huge prefit market. I was set to buy one till I saw that. Still looks like a nice action but that is a huge selling point for lots of people.

Agreed, this would be a home run if not for the 'unique barrel thread tennon'

I think they say this because it is a Wyatt length action. The bottom is cut different so it will accept up to 2.995" coal with a Wyatt box mag.

What's that have to do with the breech threads and prpefit barrels?

This action uses the same threads and breech face as BAT actions. It's not completely unknown, but neither is it the most common.

I’ve built two rifles off these actions so far and I will tell you they are worth the money. Hands down a winner if they stay around this price.

Looks like a piece of galvy pipe. :)

Actually, it looks like a considerable step up from a 700 for not much extra cash.

Kinda sucks about the thread pitch as it kills the Remage option.

Spanner recoil lug is a nice touch.

Wyatts mag box cut is a good move and should allow 3" or so without breaking out the dremel.

Not that anybody wants to shoot long bullets around here...

I was looking at his for a remage but not now. I could long load 7mm or 6.5 with no problem though. Eh, maybe after my new rifle gets here I can ponder on this.

I tried to talk my buddy into one of these for his 28 Nosler build, but noooo, don't listen to me, just pay nearly the same price to get an Ultra Mag action completely trued and a once piece PTG bolt.

Card in the box invites the owner to send it back to the mothership for a barrel job. Starts at $500 if I recall correctly.

I'm with everyone else - why not use either savage threads or standard Remington so that people would have pre-fit nut option?

Nevermind, I found it.

Guess I better make up some 18 tpi barrel nuts...

PVA will start supporting prefit barrels for this action as soon as I get some barrel nuts made.

Nevermind, I found it.

PVA will start supporting prefit barrels for this action as soon as I get some barrel nuts made.

Nice!!!!

now things just got a little more interesting..

Nevermind, I found it.

Very good news. Having Josh making prefits for this action changes the whole game.

Last edited:
    With these actions going for $750 and PVA making prefit barrels they seem pretty enticing. Kind of a silly question but I know they say their cut for the Wyatt's extended mag but would there be any issues dropping this into a chassis that uses AICS mags?

They are in stock as well.

I'll probably get one for a 300 PRC. No need to get ahead of myself though since ammo isn't even available yet. I read they also sell them as barreled actions for a very reasonable price, so that's the route I'm currently leaning towards.