• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunwerks news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruh Roh raggy
It shocked the hell out of me. I hate seeing this happening to businesses involved in guns. Thank for the other link. I’m truly a dumbass with a smartphone. Can’t believe I actually got the Facebook link posted without fucking it up.

• Wow
Reactions: MRiles
I have played with some of the Gunwerks guns, they are overall nice rifles but in today's market a bit over priced imho. The market for $4k+ hunting rifles and $10k+ week long training courses must be slim (no knock on Phil hear only great things). Also there PMR scope was a bit of a meh, and the "kestrel killer" iPhone thing never materialized.....

I have played with some of the Gunwerks guns, they are overall nice rifles but in today's market a bit over priced imho. The market for $4k+ hunting rifles and $10k+ week long training courses must be slim (no knock on Phil hear only great things). Also there PMR scope was a bit of a meh, and the "kestrel killer" iPhone thing never materialized.....

Yeah, I'm not sure how they got away with their prices. Great components but no accuracy guarantee? Near as I can tell they made their money by selling an overpriced rifle then teaching you how to shoot it not necessarily by making a great rifle. Probably not a long term solid business plan because once someone knows what they're doing...

I do love their videos and they're guns are sexy. Not a hater, just can't figure out the draw.

I know a number of traveling international hunters. Good % of them have switched to GW rifles. Say 10%. ???
Very thin market. I’m not surprised the expansion did not pan out.
The system did allow corporate types with no knowledge of shooting to kill and wound at longer ranges.

Reactions: Changed
I ordered some brass from them last Friday (15th), plenty of it in stock but no movement on my order.

They just answered the phone, I asked about the brass only. The information above was not part of the conversation.
The problem with my order? The system auto loaded my user name in place of my full name for shipping. The address, phone number and email are accurate and I was billed so ship it.

Since I used a CC perhaps I should get the charge reversed or wait?

I ordered some brass from them last Friday (15th), plenty of it in stock but no movement on my order.

They just answered the phone, I asked about the brass only. The information above was not part of the conversation.
The problem with my order? The system auto loaded my user name in place of my full name for shipping. The address, phone number and email are accurate and I was billed so ship it.

Reversed

Reactions: Huskydriver

I’d call and cancel the order if it doesn’t show shipped or they don’t provide tracking information.
You’d be surprised that employees are always the last to know when something’s going down at work. They may not even know yet.

Why the hell would I spend $10,000 on a rifle that gives me .5moa, even .25 moa, when I just picked up a Bergara HMR Pro that shoots .25 moa out of the box with Hornady Match. At one time you had to go the custom rifle route. With today's machining practices there simply is no need. Not when I can have a custom gun built for half the price and get the same results or as in my case a factory gun that will do everything I need it to do. No doubt their guns have been nice but I just can't see it as a viable business model today.
Of course who am I? Definitely not their target clientele.

Reactions: EastCOYotes
Why the hell would I spend $10,000 on a rifle that gives me .5moa, even .25 moa, when I just picked up a Bergara HMR Pro that shoots .25 moa out of the box with Hornady Match. At one time you had to go the custom rifle route. With today's machining practices there simply is no need. Not when I can have a custom gun built for half the price and get the same results or as in my case a factory gun that will do everything I need it to do. No doubt their guns have been nice but I just can't see it as a viable business model today.
Of course who am I? Definitely not their target clientele.

Honda’s get great gas mileage, look good, nice interior and resale value is also really good. But people with lots of disposable income enjoy spending that money on things not everyone can afford. There’s no need to try and understand it. Probably not much different that someone living in the third world trying to wrap their head around multiple bathrooms in a home that has a TV in every room.

Some info from the gunwerks side through a local interview. Allegedly it will be dismissed today.

Some info from the gunwerks side through a local interview. Allegedly it will be dismissed today.

I'm not persuaded by this artucle. He's saying they defaulted on a 2.8mm loan because they had too many actions laying around?? I don't think so. They make nice rifles but their price tags are really high and the 3 times I called them to just buy some brass they didn't answer or return my phone calls. So good on them if they are moving that many extremely overpriced rifles and super high-end training weekends but I just don't see it being a sustainable business model especially when they launched so many half-ass products: revic model, some handheld that never happened, something else I can;t remember

I'm not persuaded by this artucle. He's saying they defaulted on a 2.8mm loan because they had too many actions laying around?? I don't think so. They make nice rifles but their price tags are really high and the 3 times I called them to just buy some brass they didn't answer or return my phone calls. So good on them if they are moving that many extremely overpriced rifles and super high-end training weekends but I just don't see it being a sustainable business model especially when they launched so many half-ass products: revic model, some handheld that never happened, something else I can;t remember

I took it as they changed how they evaluate assets, and the liquidity of it. Changing from actions counting, to them being incomplete parts would change values. If that is only one example, who knows what else they changed? Granted, that is one side, and we only have a news story from the other side. Both are not complete. The statement by gunwerks has said they have paid that balance today and the lawsuit is no more as well. Again, this is only the GW side, so I am sure there may be more from WF.

I took it as they changed how they evaluate assets, and the liquidity of it. Changing from actions counting, to them being incomplete parts would change values. If that is only one example, who knows what else they changed? Granted, that is one side, and we only have a news story from the other side. Both are not complete. The statement by gunwerks has said they have paid that balance today and the lawsuit is no more as well. Again, this is only the GW side, so I am sure there may be more from WF.

And since the loan is paid in full, we won’t know the complete story. Gunwerks story is credible. Was it during Obama Remmintons bank decided to call their loan and end their line of credit too? If I recall, that happened to a couple large manufacturers. I’d be curious to know if Gunwerks is going to pursue a libel suit against WF, but from my understanding, those suits are hard to win. It would be good on WF part at least corroborate Gunwerks side of the story and apologize for the mud slinging. To be fair, WF is no friend of anyone, including their own employees.

And since the loan is paid in full, we won’t know the complete story. Gunwerks story is credible. Was it during Obama Remmintons bank decided to call their loan and end their line of credit too? If I recall, that happened to a couple large manufacturers. I’d be curious to know if Gunwerks is going to pursue a libel suit against WF, but from my understanding, those suits are hard to win. It would be good on WF part at least corroborate Gunwerks side of the story and apologize for the mud slinging. To be fair, WF is no friend of anyone, including their own employees.

I see GW playing the “woe is me” line for a bit, you see the messaging in their statement. But I dont see them trying it in court. The folks that will buy their rifles will likely continue to flow in. I was considering one of their stocks, but wanted to see how this shakes out for a bit. But the reality is that their complete builds, along with training will continue to provide for their business so they can explore the accessories, ammunition, and everything else as they grow into their new facility.

Reactions: MJR
D5D58D6A-A152-49A6-B47A-777D02B4040D.jpeg

To everyone who’s reached out and thought about me and my family’s well being with recent news. All I have to say is: Thank you! Zoie and I are truly grateful and thanks for reminding me why I love the long range shooting community.

For everyone else; probably be best if you spend more time at the range working on your skills on being a better rifleman and less on the Snipers Hide forum trying to discourage the successfulness of a 2A business. The $10k long range systems we sell might not be everyone’s cup of tea, and that’s fine but I see first hand what type of clientele are buying Gunwerks rifles. And I do my best to educate them that buying a Ferrari doesn’t automatically make them a professional sports car driver.

If you got that .25 MOA banger for a quarter of the price of a Gunwerks system, I am truly happy for you you. I hope you know how to use and maximize the full capability of that rifle system. My question to you is, if you got a Honda Civic that takes you from point A to Point B and you are happy with that, why are you hating on the guy that wants to do the same thing in a Ferrari?

Pretty sure Frank started Snipers Hide so that people could share their experience and help those that are looking to get into long range shooting and/or find some relevant information on it.

We’re still training and training was solid this week, as the shooters in this pic don’t have the time to lurk on forums or Facebook, Instagram. They’re too busy running multi-million dollar companies, and using their off time to get educated in the art and science of long range shooting and exercising their 2A rights as a red blooded American.

Anyways. I hope that everyone can use Snipers Hide as a resource to help their goal of being a relevant and modern day rifleman because I enjoy sharing my videos on here for that reason.

Thanks guys and keep your face on the gun.

I have seen the news media destroy a friend of mine's business and reputation. When he was cleared of any wrongdoing was there any retraction or apology?????

View attachment 7333614
To everyone who’s reached out and thought about me and my family’s well being with recent news. All I have to say is: Thank you! Zoie and I are truly grateful and thanks for reminding me why I love the long range shooting community.

For everyone else; probably be best if you spend more time at the range working on your skills on being a better rifleman and less on the Snipers Hide forum trying to discourage the successfulness of a 2A business. The $10k long range systems we sell might not be everyone’s cup of tea, and that’s fine but I see first hand what type of clientele are buying Gunwerks rifles. And I do my best to educate them that buying a Ferrari doesn’t automatically make them a professional sports car driver.

If you got that .25 MOA banger for a quarter of the price of a Gunwerks system, I am truly happy for you you. I hope you know how to use and maximize the full capability of that rifle system. My question to you is, if you got a Honda Civic that takes you from point A to Point B and you are happy with that, why are you hating on the guy that wants to do the same thing in a Ferrari?

Pretty sure Frank started Snipers Hide so that people could share their experience and help those that are looking to get into long range shooting and/or find some relevant information on it.

We’re still training and training was solid this week, as the shooters in this pic don’t have the time to lurk on forums or Facebook, Instagram. They’re too busy running multi-million dollar companies, and using their off time to get educated in the art and science of long range shooting and exercising their 2A rights as a red blooded American.

Anyways. I hope that everyone can use Snipers Hide as a resource to help their goal of being a relevant and modern day rifleman because I enjoy sharing my videos on here for that reason.

Thanks guys and keep your face on the gun.
Glad you are all good. When I saw the article I thought it was a joke. That’s the reason I posted a thread on it. As a fellow Wyomingite I like seeing our firearms industry thrive.

The problem is that you can claim anything when you file a lawsuit. A good example is regarding the sales tax delinquency, easily proven to be fake news. The real bad act is that the reporter just regurgitated the complaint without any fact checking, rushing the story to publication without one comment from anyone.

The problem is that you can claim anything when you file a lawsuit. A good example is regarding the sales tax delinquency, easily proven to be fake news. The real bad act is that the reporter just regurgitated the complaint without any fact checking, rushing the story to publication without one comment from anyone.

The problem is we really will never know will we?

Ferrari? No.

More like monster cable. Overpriced marketing targeted at ignorant consumers who lack the knowledge to make informed purchasing decisions.

When LRI and GAP are selling custom sticks for half your price....that is a hint. And you ain't them.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Status
Not open for further replies.