• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Guy snaps and tries to pull over no seatbelt cop

Re: Guy snaps and tries to pull over no seatbelt cop

That would get you a whole lot of attention here. Not sure of Michigans law but in Oklahoma, law enforcement are excluded from the mandatory seat belt law. I never wrote those tickets anyway, it's hypocritical to force someone to wear a seatbelt and tell another group that its ok not to wear a helmet on a motorcycle.

Morons. Theyre everywhere.

Exempt in Kalifornia also. Same with the cell phone law also. Always see them chatting on the phone while driving.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NorthernBorn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guy just loses it after documenting government/police refusing to follow seatbelt and other basic traffic laws for years. </div></div>

What a total idiot, he really needs to get a life.

Classic do as I say not as I do. But I don't think Joe on the street should get involved.

Cheers

A sincere thanks topgun99 for living the law as well as enforcing it.

My other comment is that cops can get into accidents too. Yeah, I know, it's "official business."

Part of the reason I never wore a seatbelt on patrol is that if I had to un-ass the car in a hurry I didn't want to fool around with the seatbelt.

An officer in Northport, AL was just killed when he was ejected from his personal vehicle in an auto-accident. Even if you can come up with some stupid excuse as to why an officer shouldn't wear one, the habit of not wearing a seat belt in a patrol car is deadly.

If you need to get out in a hurry, unbuckle before you come to a complete stop. There is no valid excuse.

What an idiot. The cop drives away laughing and he ends up locked up. Hope your 15 minutes was worth it.

Dick!

after watching, the guy went off his rocker. However he did have a point when he said the gov officail who had been in an accident without a seat belt will take years of rehab. It does make dollars and cents. I have been wearing mine long before you had to becuase of my days racing. Felt like I was the only one that wore one in the early 80's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topgun99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would get you a whole lot of attention here. Not sure of Michigans law but in Oklahoma, law enforcement are excluded from the mandatory seat belt law. I never wrote those tickets anyway, it's hypocritical to force someone to wear a seatbelt and tell another group that its ok not to wear a helmet on a motorcycle.</div></div>

They just passed a law here about the cell phones and texting. I think I have heard one person got a ticket. In NJ (and I think Nv), the seatbelt law is a "shall cite" violation. So if a cop sees it, then they must scratch a ticket. Most traffic violations are up to the officers discretion out here.

I do not cite folks for not using their seatbelts. They are adults and can make their own choice. I don't think the Gov't has any right to impose that level of control.

I do, however cite for unrestrained children.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not cite folks for not using their seatbelts. They are adults and can make their own choice. I don't think the Gov't has any right to impose that level of control.

</div></div>

Would you run for every available office in your city/county/state and federal government please.

Win, and spread that message far and wide.

I was pulled over illegally in AZ for not wearing a seat belt in my Mack and went into a full on tirade when the officer asked why I wasn't wearing my seat belt. I guess when I said it was no business of the state to regulate my personal behavior that didn't work for him.

I assume sitting in a median writing seat belt tickets all day makes our society a much better place, just come to one of the run down areas in Tucson and Phoenix and tell me how that whole deal's working out.

But we can't make it to a commmercial burglary in this town for ten or fifteen <span style="font-style: italic">hours </span>

If we just had a law to stop people from being stupid, I guess this whole thing would work itself out then for sure.

sean

I always felt like the "click it or ticket" campaigns were just a revenue generating racket. Much like having to take a seperate test and pay extra money for a motorcycle endorsement.

I put seatbelts in my first car (a '60 Comet in '65), because they weren't there when I got it. I'd been riding in my Brother's 1960 Volvo, which did come with belts. I bought a new Volvo in 1968.

For me, hooking up my seatbelt is like making sure I have trousers on before I go out. I will not put my car into gear until everyone has their belts on.

Equivocate all you like, law or not; just click the damned belt.

Greg

I only wear it 'cause those damn bells drive me nuts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1236</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only wear it 'cause those damn bells drive me nuts.</div></div>

You can disconnect those you know!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think the Gov't has any right to impose that level of control.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hofhine1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess when I said it was no business of the state to regulate my personal behavior that didn't work for him.</div></div>

What about kids? Do you feel it should be left up to you to decide their safety? Do you know how many idiots don't make their kids wear seat belts or their kids friends? Kids don't know any better and they look to others for guidance. What example are you setting?

Facts:
-Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death among those age 5-34 in the U.S. More than 2.3 million adult drivers and passengers were treated in emergency departments as the result of being injured in motor vehicle crashes in 2009.
- One CDC study found that, in one year, more than 618,000 children ages 0-12 rode in vehicles without the use of a child safety seat or booster seat or a seat belt at least some of the time.
-Almost 40% of children riding with unbelted drivers were themselves unrestrained.
-Seat Belts Have Saved an Estimated 255,000 Lives Since 1975

http://www.cdc.gov/Motorvehiclesafety/Child_Passenger_Safety/CPS-Factsheet.html
http://www.cdc.gov/Motorvehiclesafety/seatbeltbrief/index.html

My dads been a fire capitain for years I've now been a fire fighter for 7 years, when we go to high schools and teach kids about traffic safety we always end with, "I've never unbuckled a dead person."

But one of the comments I read about only writing tickets if the kids are unbuckled... Made my blood boil, I've only unbuckled one dead person it was a small child that was crushed and killed by his dad who wasn't wearing his seat belt in a roll over, he lived of course.

Just something to think about while you might be wearing a seat belt anyone in the car who isn't become a missile in a bad wreck