• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

guy spends 150 hours fitting savage into AICS

TacticalSasquach

"No news is good news"
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2008
central virginia
no kidding.
this guy claims to have spent 150hrs dropping his savage action into a set of ai skins.

quite an accomplishment on his behalf, but not a good use of time
school must be very boring to take on a task such as this one

link
savage in aics chassis

Re: guy spends 150 hours fitting savage into AICS

Good for him. he must be good on the machines because.... he made his own chassis and just used the skins, and there is nothing wrong with a savage

"For our final project phase of Machine Tool Technology we were required to finish 150 hours of a part designed, programmed, and machined by ourselves. I decided to build a chassis and retrofit a set of AICS skins for a short action savage."

He states that he did this for a final project for a machining class. Thats pretty impresive to me.

Don't mean to insult you but I think you missed the point?
He spent 150hrs of class time designing it.
When I took that class I made a machinists vise and some streetrod parts
it was a project for a course
IU own 2 GAPS butnothing really wrong with a savage

I envy that guy. I miss coming home with chips on me and coolant on my boots. Now its 15w40 oil and CARC paint from military vehicles. Hope he finds a job in this economy in his field, not much around me for tool and die anymore.

Its been awhile, can't find it using the search functions - but this same thread was on here some time ago.

Wording and pictures look/sound exactly the same.

At that time, it appeared the fellow was trying to drum up some work.

+1 gopher, no machinist jobs around anymore. sucks. i really used to enjoy turning steel. now im savin pennys for a lathe and a bridgeport in my garage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireball168</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its been awhile, can't find it using the search functions - but this same thread was on here some time ago.

Wording and pictures look/sound exactly the same.

At that time, it appeared the fellow was trying to drum up some work.

</div></div>
it was posted here over a year ago, I also tried search foo and came up with nodda foo

His name is BPaige here on the 'hide. If scroll through this thread you can find it. I was unable to find the original thread.

here

If I remember right from the original thread, he wasn't trying to make a buck. He just didn't want to give away his hard work to other guys not willing to put in the work. If he had put the idea together to sell the schematics, he could have accomplished both, compensating himself for his hard work and helping others that wanted it done the easy way. Oh well... the AICS dosent fit me anyway.

I should also add, it is on page 25 of 36 in my set up. That should help you find it a bit quicker.