• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

guys with alpha brass with lapua/other brands

GhengisAhn175

Last known
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2013
Last known
Need a favor from some of ya'll that have alpha brass. Would like neck thickness and/or loaded round measurements comparing what you had before and with alpha.

Ideally need a comparison between alpha and lapua (how much thicker , equal or thinner) at the neck than lapua is and also if you have something else IE hornady, Winchester, etc.

Would also like average neck length if able. Thanks in advance

Both subes ty

unsure about kinetic brass ; too much of a specialty. More concerned about the More popular offerings

I have the lengths somewhere, but between lapua and hornady, they were within .004 of each other. I attached a pic of my notes page. Took two of each case, measured, then necked them to 6, and measured again. If you can find the big lapua CM brass thread that was brought over from scout, it has the capacity data as well.

Attachments

• photo53832.jpg
    photo53832.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 6
Average hornady case length nis 1.915. Lapua is 1.911. Headspace with a .400 hornady comparator is 1.532 for hornady, and 1.530 for lapua. When necked to 6mm, the hornady grows to 1.920 and the lapua to 1.917

No good way to measure neck length of a case, but my saami 6.5 cm reamer and my custom 6cm reamer both have .277 long necks, and an overall chamber length of 1.925.

Last edited: