• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gyms Are Loud You say?

Maser

Trump 2024
Minuteman
  • May 17, 2006
    /pol/
    www.youtube.com
    I admit I'm not exactly a gym goer unless I'm gifted a free membership or something to that effect. That said, I have experience with being around weight lifting whether it was back in High School, in someone's garage, or in an actual gym. When the fuck did a gym have to become a public library where everything can't be loud? Gyms are loud! Period! Steel weights clanging around, people grunting while dead lifting, people shouting at eachother across the gym trying to talk over the loud ass trash music that's always played, etc. It's a loud place! I don't care how much of a douchebag the lifter in this vid is outside the gym, the staff worker was totally out of line IMO.

Don't be loud because that could be interpreted as being overly masculine and we can't have that at a gym.

I don't worry about people grunting or yelling or dropping weights, but step on my platform while I'm lifting and we're going to have a quick conversation. And for fuck's sake, stop texting in the squat rack.

I saw this video a while ago. Sounds like they're speaking french at first, I see french and English written on the wall, so I'm guessing this is in Canada. Dude definitely deserves a swift kick to his roid-shrunk junk for kicking the bar out of the other guy's hands.

I hear Planet Fitness wants a library-like feel. No loud lifting or the passive aggressive a-holes sound the lunk alarm on you.

His home, his rules.

I don’t understand how people cannot have the situational awareness not to see the guy walking up to him crossing his arms telling him to stop, what he did was pretty disrespectful to the gym owners. And why he got the weights kicked out of his hand

People who drop weights are douche bags, if you can pick the fucking thing up set it down lightly. It’s called control, if it’s too heavy for you to set down in a controlled manner you’re out of control. Also the negative part of a lift is just as important as the positive.

• Haha
    Reactions: Long_Action
    His home, his rules.

I don’t understand how people cannot have the situational awareness not to see the guy walking up to him crossing his arms telling him to stop, what he did was pretty disrespectful to the gym owners. And why he got the weights kicked out of his hand

People who drop weights are douche bags, if you can pick the fucking thing up set it down lightly. It’s called control, if it’s too heavy for you to set down in a controlled manner you’re out of control. Also the negative part of a lift is just as important as the positive.

Ha, if that is the owner (I don't think it was), he needs to start thinking like a lawyer. His action could probably be considered assault, and he could have injured the lifter. ...Oops! There goes the gym to a civil suit.

His home, his rules.
    Ah yo...Juan...you think he's giving out memberships for free?

Its not his house, its his business and the guy whose bar he stomped on is his..wait for it...customer.

I'm surprised that this fella has any teeth left if this is his typical behavior.

Now me....when I do dead lifts I sound like Monica Seles squeeking as she nails a forehand. Eek, eek, eek....yep, I'm a manly man! haha

Last edited:
    Reactions: deersniper
    Its not his house, its his business and the guy whose bar he stomped on is his..wait for it...customer.
    If you are gov goon who sees all the people who fund you’re paycheck as criminals who haven’t been caught yet , his view on the gym owner makes sense

His home, his rules.

You're a complete fucking douche bag, and not an experienced lifter. They way you don't see someone walking up on your when you are in the middle of a lift is because the lifter is focused on what he is doing. He also had earbuds in and couldn't hear the guy. He was also not dropping or clanging the weights. There was nothing wrong with what he was doing other than really bad deadlift form.

If I was deadlifting and some douche walking up and stomped the weights down like that he would not leave the gym under his own power. I would beat that mother fucker like a rented mule.

Lol... The denial in this form is longer than a river in Africa.

Fuck that kid. He deserved getting that bar kicked out of Hands For being a douche bag

The negative part of the lift - more properly called the eccentric phase - is thought to be where the majority of hypertrophy occurs. That's another word for muscle damage, and it's how one builds mass. That's good for some people, but not so good for others (runners would be one example). So there's one basic reason to drop the weight. It's not what I would do, but maybe this guy has a different plan or goal, and that's OK.

Additionally, maxing out certain lifts is going to involve dropping it. I mean, if you want to tell this guy that he is "out of control", be my guest:

Also, do not ever fucking touch another person's weights while they are lifting. That should be treated as an assault and responded to accordingly. If you want to have a conversation, you wait until the set is complete.

Lol... The denial in this form is longer than a river in Africa.

Fuck that kid. He deserved getting that bar kicked out of Hands For being a douche bag
    Ok, so are you really an idiot. Just EXACTLY what do you think he was doing that made him a "douche bag".

And I have to agree that based on your comments, you don't know the first thing about weight lifting and in particular core power lifting. I'd love to see you "lightly set down" a 300+ bar.

Go way, Juan, and come back when you get your brains out of hock. Your comment was not only defensive, it was stupid and you are talking out of your ass, fella.

This looks like a planet fitness. Calling a planet fitness a gym is damaging to anybody’s credibility

And… I may have quit a small neighborhood gym for this same reason. I don’t need to deal with some bullshit like that in the middle of leg day

This looks like a planet fitness. Calling a planet fitness a gym is damaging to anybody’s credibility

And… I may have quit a small neighborhood gym for this same reason. I don’t need to deal with some bullshit like that in the middle of leg day
    It happened at Buzz Fit in Montreal. Two employees wound up getting arrested for assault over this.

1648346988517.png

I got kicked out of a planet fitness once for dropping dumbbells too hard during a bench set. I get it. I mean, it's not really a gym for fit people. They make their coin off of new year's resolution fatties that last six weeks and forget to cancel their membership. Buzz sounds like the same business model.

Once he put his foot on that bar he was begging for a hurtin' though. Dude has no business cleaning the toilets at gym, never mind running one.

Reactions: camocorvette
    Shitty form aside. That's 330lbs. You don't do negatives on that unless your fucking jacked. He had pads underneath the weights. The only thing he could have done better would be to use bumper weights.

I'm the first to tell some kid at the gym if he can't set it down don't pick it up. But there are certain exceptions to that. He would just fuck his back up more if he tried to quietly set it down. Yeah he could go down in weight and get the full range... but whatever.

Nothing he is doing warrants what that douche came at him for. Would have got fucking rocked the moment I dropped the bar if he kicked it.

I used to be a gym rat though you’d never know it now. My old gym no one gave a shit, it was a lot of power lifters there to practice when I went. When I saw the place had bad reviews because of the “loud weights” and it “smelling like sweat” I knew it was for me. The few people I talked to were nice as could be and gave pointers when you asked. The only douchebaggery I ever saw at the gym was the morons camping on equipment they are done with to play on there phones, and one time a personal trainer tried to tell me I couldn’t use a pull down machine because they were going to use it in about 15min.....I just kept going and laughed at him, I was done well before they were since they talked more than lifting. I went daily and that’s all I ever saw the whole time.

Everyone went, did their thing, said hi, and went home. No bitching and no bs, I don’t think I could go to a big chain gym.

People forget the gym is for working out, not hanging out.

Last edited:
    Shitty form aside. That's 330lbs. You don't do negatives on that unless your fucking jacked. He had pads underneath the weights. The only thing he could have done better would be to use bumper weights.

I'm the first to tell some kid at the gym if he can't set it down don't pick it up. But there are certain exceptions to that. He would just fuck his back up more if he tried to quietly set it down. Yeah he could go down in weight and get the full range... but whatever.

Nothing he is doing warrants what that douche came at him for. Would have got fucking rocked the moment I dropped the bar if he kicked it.
    It's actually 375 pounds, (6) 45lb plates, (2) 25lb, (2) 5lb and a 45lb bar. Good for him to be able to rep 375, round back and all. I hope his coach got that fixed. If he was using good form he would be repping 405 easy.

I saw this video a while ago. Sounds like they're speaking french at first, I see french and English written on the wall, so I'm guessing this is in Canada. Dude definitely deserves a swift kick to his roid-shrunk junk for kicking the bar out of the other guy's hands.

I hear Planet Fitness wants a library-like feel. No loud lifting or the passive aggressive a-holes sound the lunk alarm on you.
    If he’s on roids they aren’t working very well.

I used to be a gym rat though you’d never know it now. My old gym no one gave a shit, it was a lot of power lifters there to practice when I went. When I saw the place had bad reviews because of the “loud weights” and it “smelling like sweat” I knew it was for me. The few people I talked to were nice as could be and gave pointers when you asked. The only douchebaggery I ever saw at the gym was the morons camping on equipment they are done with to play on there phones, and one time a personal trainer tried to tell me I couldn’t use a pull down machine because they were going to use it in about 15min.....I just kept going and laughed at him, I was done well before they were since they talked more than lifting. I went daily and that’s all I ever saw the whole time.

Everyone went, did their thing, said hi, and went home. No bitching and no bs, I don’t think I could go to a big chain gym.

People forget the gym is for working out, not hanging out.
    Some of my best friends are guys I met at a gym. I have never worked out at a franchise type gym unless I was out of town for work. I was down in LA working after the Northridge Earthquake and was working out at the Golds Gym in North Hollywood. I met Albert Beckles, the entire cast of American Gladiator, Kevin Fornier, and Vick Richards there. They were all really cool people especially Albert Beckles. He said something that really made me feel good, he said "You must be the real deal because Big Vick doesn't talk to fakers."

Probably more like he is on estrogen and it's that time of the month for him.
    Was talking to a old buddy and I asked him why he was acting like a bitch because we did shit like that, he said he got off steroids and was being dead serious. I don’t know if that really happens, but it seemed true for him lol.

Reactions: 168BTHPM
    Was talking to a old buddy and I asked him why he was acting like a bitch because we did shit like that, he said he got off steroids and was being dead serious. I don’t know if that really happens, but it seemed true for him lol.
    Guys get a little cranky and bitchy when they are on the down cycle, they get really aggressive more out going when they are on the up cycle. Part of the down cycle is your own body starting to produce testosterone again. A lot of guys balls shrink if the stay up cycle too long because there is no need to produce natural testosterone when your body is loaded with synthetic. You can always tell when someone is hitting the injectable Dianabol too hard because there skin isn't smooth and their fingernails and back have a purple tint to them. Oxymetholone (Anadrol50) is a lot more powerful and is primarily an oral which is much harder on the liver, however it works faster and the up and down cycles have a much bigger effect.

It's actually 375 pounds, (6) 45lb plates, (2) 25lb, (2) 5lb and a 45lb bar. Good for him to be able to rep 375, round back and all. I hope his coach got that fixed. If he was using good form he would be repping 405 easy.
    Your correct. Forgot to add the bar.

Reactions: 168BTHPM
    His home, his rules.

Tell me you don't do heavy pulls without telling me you don't do heavy pulls

• Haha
    Reactions: E. Bryant
    The negative part of the lift - more properly called the eccentric phase - is thought to be where the majority of hypertrophy occurs. That's another word for muscle damage, and it's how one builds mass. That's good for some people, but not so good for others (runners would be one example). So there's one basic reason to drop the weight. It's not what I would do, but maybe this guy has a different plan or goal, and that's OK.

Additionally, maxing out certain lifts is going to involve dropping it. I mean, if you want to tell this guy that he is "out of control", be my guest:

Also, do not ever fucking touch another person's weights while they are lifting. That should be treated as an assault and responded to accordingly. If you want to have a conversation, you wait until the set is complete.

I agree with most of your your points but t

1st I believe you mean wait till the rep is finished not set.

2nd that is not assault. Lol

3rd lifter should have been more aware of his surroundings. And noticed duded coming to shut him down.

4th he is not in a competition, he is not even lifting that much weight. IN SOME ONE ELSES BUSINESSES you must abide by their rules, business rep obviously doesn’t approve what he is doing. Which is why dude kicked the shit out of his hands.

5th if you want to drop weights, go somewhere it’s acceptable or buy your own. If you want to abuse other people shit and not follow the rules don’t be surprised when somebody comes and smacks it out of your hand

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
    His home, his rules.

It's appropriate to drop on a dead lift negative. It's not being "out of control." The negative is where injuries are most likely to occur. Even in your "own house," you can't commit a battery on someone, unless it's defensive. Well, you can, but you're probably going to have a charge, against you.

Reactions: forthehunt
    Little bitch was using straps. Use some chalk, hook grip the bar and lift. ;)

Reactions: Dot3
    Yeah, I would have done my best to permanently cripple that "gym owner".......... even if I had witnessed it as a bystander.

Little bitch was using straps. Use some chalk, hook grip the bar and lift. ;)
    Really shouldn't need a belt, straps, or chalk, at that weight. There's a general over reliance on assistance devices in the gym that hinders most lifters progress and limits their overall strength development.

Reactions: E. Bryant
    I agree with most of your your points but t

1st I believe you mean wait till the rep is finished not set.

2nd that is not assault. Lol

3rd lifter should have been more aware of his surroundings. And noticed duded coming to shut him down.

4th he is not in a competition, he is not even lifting that much weight. IN SOME ONE ELSES BUSINESSES you must abide by their rules, business rep obviously doesn’t approve what he is doing. Which is why dude kicked the shit out of his hands.

5th if you want to drop weights, go somewhere it’s acceptable or buy your own. If you want to abuse other people shit and not follow the rules don’t be surprised when somebody comes and smacks it out of your hand

1) No, I meant "set" when I first wrote "set". You interrupt my set and we have a problem, OK? I don't care if the place is on fire.

2) That's a fucking assault. He made contact with the lifter and could have caused a serious injury with that childish bullshit.

3) When I'm lifting heavy, I am aware of very little outside of my own body. 100% of my mental capacity is being spent on the hundreds of muscles between the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet. Paying attention to literally anything else is a great way to fail the attempt or get hurt. This sense of purpose is one of the things I love most about lifting. On that note, don't be violating anyone's personal space until the weight is back on the ground or pins; it's a dangerous asshole thing to do.

4) He doesn't have to be in competition to be pushing his personal limits. Shit, beginner and intermediate lifters should be doing that every time they step foot in the gym; that's the basis of successful programs like Starting Strength.

5) If he guy was breaking a rule, fine - talk to him after the set is complete. Gyms have the right to make and enforce rules. They don't have the right to put someone at risk of serious injury.

I'm not jacked anymore. But when I was my entire focus was on that set, that rep and not thinking about anything else. People always thought I was pissed and wouldn't approach me. Which was awesome because I'm there to lift. Unless your a promiscuous hot gym chick. Then I had time... hahaha.

I'll say it again. The "owner", "manager" whatever the fuck that guy was, was totally in the wrong.
    You don't kick someone's weights out of their hands like that. Especially 375lbs.

Straps and gloves are overused. Get some calluses and grip strength. But at 375 who the fuck cares if your using straps. Least that kid was in the gym. That's more then probably 50% of this forum.

strip clubs are louder and far more entertaining to visit .:unsure:🥰
    Powerlifter-Puke.jpg

Last edited:
    1) No, I meant "set" when I first wrote "set". You interrupt my set and we have a problem, OK? I don't care if the place is on fire.

2) That's a fucking assault. He made contact with the lifter and could have caused a serious injury with that childish bullshit.

3) When I'm lifting heavy, I am aware of very little outside of my own body. 100% of my mental capacity is being spent on the hundreds of muscles between the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet. Paying attention to literally anything else is a great way to fail the attempt or get hurt. This sense of purpose is one of the things I love most about lifting. On that note, don't be violating anyone's personal space until the weight is back on the ground or pins; it's a dangerous asshole thing to do.

4) He doesn't have to be in competition to be pushing his personal limits. Shit, beginner and intermediate lifters should be doing that every time they step foot in the gym; that's the basis of successful programs like Starting Strength.

5) If he guy was breaking a rule, fine - talk to him after the set is complete. Gyms have the right to make and enforce rules. They don't have the right to put someone at risk of serious injury.
    You're wasting your time....its clear to me that Juan has zero idea what its like to work out in a gym and is insisting on his uninformed opinion.

1648397926223.jpeg

Gyms are where fags go to pretend they’re not fags, while actually looking like the biggest fags ever. Everyone who’s not a fag is too busy getting actually laid to go to a gym and be a fag.

Juan,
    The lifter in that video is a kid. The Gym Rat owner whatever he is, is a grown ass man. That man has no fkn business kicking that bar down or putting his hands on that fkn kid.
    Say what you want, but a gym is NOT a FKN place to go and rack weights quietly.
    If your racking weights quietly you must be doing your Jane Fonda workout.

Juan,
    The lifter in that video is a kid. The Gym Rat owner whatever he is, is a grown ass man. That man has no fkn business kicking that bar down or putting his hands on that fkn kid.
    Say what you want, but a gym is NOT a FKN place to go and rack weights quietly.
    If your racking weights quietly you must be doing your Jane Fonda workout.
    Apparently not in that guys gym.

Edit the gym rat owner is apparently teaching that kid a lesson that none of y’all ever learned

I m curious what lesson that would be? That kid wasn’t doing anything wrong.
    If he wasn’t doing anything against the regulations why did dude walk over and stop them and throw them out???

They probably have some rules in that gym about slamming shit around that’s my guess I don’t know.

But when the guy walks up and stands right in front of the kid as he’s telling him to stop and he doesn’t listen to him that’s disrespectful you’re in somebody else’s house you might be a member of that gym but it’s still wrong

I got no problem sitting here teaching you guys some etiquette