• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes H-27 or H-58?

planalpha

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2010
PNW
Hey experts, trying to figure out my next scope and was looking at a few different options. One of them is the Leupold Mark 4 ERT 6.5-20x50 34mm w/Locking Turrets and it's offered with the H27 and the H58. Which would you suggest I go with and why?
This will be on my competition rifle, so matches and LR only.

Thanks for the info!

Re: H-27 or H-58?

Go with the H58, its great for competition. Leads for movers, Rapid engagement formula built in. Wind dots at every .5 mils. More versatile reticle than the H27.

The H58 is definitely an improvement over the H27, giving you much more capability. I have the H58 in two of my scopes and I prefer it over any other Horus reticle.

Thanks for the info!
Jon, I only see SKUs for H27, H58, and TMR. Maybe in 2012?

I love anymore H-27 and H-37,it seems to me, that H-58 it seems to me, that 58 more fits to for hot to the calibers...

Jon Lester wrote

"Is the 59 a choice?"

Horus Vision is transitioning from the H58 to the H59. The H59 is a H58 reticle that is 4 mils wider (2 mils per side).

I have asked both Leupold and Nightforce if they have any plans to introduce the H59 and have been told "not at this time." Although I have no facts to support this idea I suspect Horus Vision sold both of them pre-etched reticle glass at a high price (approximately $500 per glass) and right now they have these "parts" waiting on orders to use them up.

While some of us may like the Horus reticle, they are not a real fast mover for the companies; therefore, it will probably be a while before the parts are used. Once these are gone, then each company will evaluate the offering to see if they want to continue to offer the Horus reticle. If they do, they will probably transition to the H59 or something newer.

I also suspect the folks at Horus Vision are so "proud" of their product they are being a real pain in the butt to deal with. In this regard they are their own worst enemy.

i have been looking for a good place to get a h59 in a schmidt and bender. any suggestions?

thanks

to clarify.... i have only seen a few on euro optics for h58 but according to horus the 58 is being replaced by the 59. i don't want to buy a $4g scope and not have the best reticule that was available at the time.