• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H&K 416 22LR how good are they?

NavyshooterM40

CAPT USN (ret)
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2010
Texas
Any one try the H&K 416 22LR? I like the fact that the upper and lower are metal. Looking for something that is reliable and likes pretty much any .22 ammo.
Thanks

Any one try the H&K 416 22LR? I like the fact that the upper and lower are metal. Looking for something that is reliable and likes pretty much any .22 ammo.
Thanks
They're not good at all. It's a facsimile of a 416 made by Umarex.
It is not an actual AR-patterned rifle and/or pistol made to shoot rimfire. It is more of an airsoft chassis that was repurposed to shoot rimfire.
Look at the Tippmann M4-22.

They're not good at all. It's a facsimile of a 416 made by Umarex.
It is not an actual AR-patterned rifle and/or pistol made to shoot rimfire. It is more of an airsoft chassis that was repurposed to shoot rimfire.
Look at the Tippmann M4-22.
+1 on this statement. Hard to find spare magazines too.

I have not shot, but have handled a Hammerli Tac R1 22 C. I was pretty impressed and the fact that it was all metal was a plus. M-Lok handguard, collapsible buttstock bolt hold open on last shot (Bolt release is for show. Gotta work the charge handle), 1/2-28 muzzle threads, and an adjustable gas block. Seems like a win for the 349.00 my LGS wanted for it. As soon as more show up I'll be grabbing one!

EDIT: Also made by Umarex sooooo....

Last edited:
Never seen anything made by Umarex that could be considered very good quality. I can not understand why H&K or any other good gun maker would allow their name to be put on such things

Reactions: nikonNUT
Never seen anything made by Umarex that could be considered very good quality. I can not understand why H&K or any other good gun maker would allow their name to be put on such things
Licensing fee

I have an old Spike Tactical upper but it is not very reliable it jams a lot with the 1st round out of the mag.
Just goes to show you. I've a old Spikes Tactical .22 upper that never fumbles, even with lousy ammo. Thing just runs like a top, for years now. They had to quit making them because of a patent issue.

Look at the Kriss DMK22. I enjoy mine. All metal functions as an AR with good weight. I put a drop in Wilson combat trigger and have no issues.

Reactions: Pre64
If I'm remembering correctly, it was Nordic that held the patent on the design Spikes used. I've heard their upper is off excellent quality.

What exactly is wrong with the 416 22? Mine has only approx 500 rds thus far, and has run well.

I have thousands of rounds through mine. With mini mags, it never has a hiccup. I don’t recall magazine availability being an issue.

Just goes to show you. I've a old Spikes Tactical .22 upper that never fumbles, even with lousy ammo. Thing just runs like a top, for years now. They had to quit making them because of a patent issue.
It jams on a mag change if you don’t seat the 1st round a little forward. After that it runs great.

another vote for the tippmann m4-22. all metal, besides the charging handle (unfortunately). other than that all the controls seem to be identical. mlok guard, telescoping stock, buffer tube, forward assist, dust cover, yada yada. mags are proprietary but thats because they added a steel feeding lip which looks to be more durable than the typical polymer ones.

I have the MP5 (umarex/walther) model in 22

Never jammed even once. Feed it the 550 bulk Walmart ammo. The $20 for 550 stuff. It’s a blast to shoot and have run several thousand rounds through it. Generally a 550 round box at a time

0EAD230F-F2CF-46D2-9DF9-30D984D5EB86.png

Cmmg upper.
Excellent little fella, bought the short version, added the spectre and it's golden.

Especially loves gemtech subs, but runs everything up to stingers just fine.

Parts and mags
are easy to get, and very affordable.