• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns H&K Compact Tactical / SIG 227R (45 ACP)

drn1234

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Castle Rock Colorado
So I am picking up one of the two handguns and would like to hear some reviews from people that have either shot one or the other or what would be great if one person owned both.

I am leaning towards the SIG due to the grip but I have read good things on the CT too.

Thanks in advance.

I had a HK compact in 45. I got the threaded barrel for an aac evo45. There is my compact tactical. Extremely accurate. I am an HK fan, as you can see on my ID. Only drawback is the parts are expensive and hard to find.

I currently own a sig 227. Very please i must say for an HK boy myself. Extremely accurate like my own HK. Magazine is slightly cheaper. Grip is thinner than expected for a double stack 45. It has 10 + 1, so it beats my old compact HK. Since it is new design, finding a threaded barrel may be difficult.

At the end, which ever fits your hand and budget is best is what I would recommend. Its like picking a porsche vs. ferrari. You cant go wrong with either.

I have a USPc and the 227 and you can't go wrong with either one. The 227 higher cap is nice but I still prefer my HK. If I could only have one it would be a tough choice, but the HK USP is mechanical poetry. I know you said hk45 but the USP is worth a look.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback.

The more and more I eel the grip of the SIG the more I think thats the way I am going. It just feels right.

The HK is the most robust gun money can buy. Reliable , durable and accurate. I love mine. I urge the HK.

Had the HK CT and I loved the gun except for the grip. Wish it had the ergos of the HK45 or the P30 but other than that it is an outstanding gun.