• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors H.R. 6126 - End the Normalized Delay of Suppressor Act of 2020

Lunchbox27

Professional whisky drinker
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2017
    Maryland
    Just got this from ASA

"Finally, some good news – a light on the horizon in what seems to be an endless sea of anti-gun bills! Earlier this month, Rep. Greg Steube (R-FL-17) introduced H.R. 6126, a bill that would cap ATF transfer times on suppressors at 90 days. If not approved within the 90-day time frame, any application that has not been denied would, by default, be deemed approved.
    For years, the American Suppressor Association and our industry partners have called for a maximum time limit on transfers, relaunching the eForm 4, and the general modernization of the NFA. While our goal remains the same - to remove suppressors from the onerous regulations of the NFA altogether – Rep. Steube’s bill would be a huge step forward in reducing the unacceptably long transfer times that buyers"

One can dream...

I got that email also. I'm going to send letters out tomorrow. I could deal with 90 days it would be nice!

I got that email and forwarded it to some friends and going to mail Sen Burr and Rep Tillis tomorrow.

Just got this from ASA

"Finally, some good news – a light on the horizon in what seems to be an endless sea of anti-gun bills! Earlier this month, Rep. Greg Steube (R-FL-17) introduced H.R. 6126, a bill that would cap ATF transfer times on suppressors at 90 days. If not approved within the 90-day time frame, any application that has not been denied would, by default, be deemed approved.
    For years, the American Suppressor Association and our industry partners have called for a maximum time limit on transfers, relaunching the eForm 4, and the general modernization of the NFA. While our goal remains the same - to remove suppressors from the onerous regulations of the NFA altogether – Rep. Steube’s bill would be a huge step forward in reducing the unacceptably long transfer times that buyers"

One can dream...

It would be better to bring this up next year when we own the House, Senate, and the White House.

It would be better to bring this up next year when we own the House, Senate, and the White House.

That's true but if you have any anti-gun acquaintances who have allegedly seen the light and bought a gun as a result of current events, you might want to remind them of this legislation.

They ought to put their money where their mouth is.

Another factor is that maybe there might be more people thinking about suppressors as they have firearms. Let's see if we can get enough pressure to get this legislation passed.

If it doesn't happen this year we can always try again.

When people contact their congress critters, the ones that remain in office next year will remember how much support there was for this legislation. In other words, if we keep beating the drum the song might begin to play over in their heads and they will keep voting for the legislation.

Reactions: Sierra770
    That's true but if you have any anti-gun acquaintances who have allegedly seen the light and bought a gun as a result of current events, you might want to remind them of this legislation.

They ought to put their money where their mouth is.

Another factor is that maybe there might be more people thinking about suppressors as they have firearms. Let's see if we can get enough pressure to get this legislation passed.

If it doesn't happen this year we can always try again.

When people contact their congress critters, the ones that remain in office next year will remember how much support there was for this legislation. In other words, if we keep beating the drum the song might begin to play over in their heads and they will keep voting for the legislation.
    Sorry, ANY pro gun legislation is dead in the watter under Nancy Pelosi, Period. Getting Kevin McCarthy in the Speaker position will help things.

Reactions: G5guy
    NAS78

It certainly wouldn't cost taxpayers as much as all the rest of the stuff being added to the bill!

Reactions: Longshot231
    Nice but good luck getting it passed.
    About time we start getting on the Republicans asses and tell them to start cramming a bunch of extra bullshit into emergency measure bills like the Democrats do. Will get it fucking past if they want to use it for more than buying our votes later.

About time we start getting on the Republicans asses and tell them to start cramming a bunch of extra bullshit into emergency measure bills like the Democrats do. Will get it fucking past if they want to use it for more than buying our votes later.

They already do, they just don't give a shit about our Rights.

Reactions: Romeo458

The problem with the Republicans (the decent ones) is they want to play fair.

A democrat doesn't understand the concept of fairness anymore than a skunk that is pissing on you.

I use to be the type of guy who thought that if you played fair with everyone else then they will play fair with you.

I found out that there is not such thing as fairness in:

1) fist fights
    2) poker games
    3) a courtroom
    4) politics

You are correct but trying to get a republican to beat a democrat at his own game is like saying that the creature in the photo below will satisfy your every sexual need.

1585344721323.png

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Did it pass?

I seriously just got my suppressors. Bought one on Black Friday, all paperwork complete on 12-16-19. The other one on Jan 2, all paperwork complete on 1-8-20.

I just picked them both up today! I was expecting Nov 20-Jan 21!!!

They already do, they just don't give a shit about our Rights.
    I guess I should have been more specific and said things that we want them to cram into bills. They don't care about our rights because we no longer have them. We have to pay for the privilege of owning certain firearms, and in some cases we have to buy permission from our own States in order to purchase or carry those firearms. That makes it a privilege not a right... and that's just on the 2nd amendment.

Reactions: UpSideDown
    Romeo458:

They probably care about our rights. -- as long as they are put in charge of doling them out to us.

They miss the most important part of our founding documents: "we hold these truths to be self evident -- that all men are created equal and endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights:. . . the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

It doesn't say anything government giving you those rights; it says they are god-given. God-given. let that sink in. Those rights, including those enumerated in the Bill of Rights (the first 10 Amendments to the Constitution ) are not granted to you by Nancy Pelosi or Andrew Cuomo -- they are granted BY GOD!

Whether you're a believer or not, you will appreciate the fact that no elected official can tell you you can bear arms, or be free of illegal search or seizure, or be protected from self-incrimination, or, or, or. . . Go read those 10 amendments. And the preamble to the Constitution.

Some 240 years ago some very smart men sat down and designed a government. They were more than smart -- they were prescient. They recognized that if they didn't speak out in favor of god-given rights and against men usurping the rights of the people, our nation would be doomed.

I believe they were right. I believe their recognition that government does NOT give us rights, but that Gpd does, has saved us up until now. I believe we might be saved for a few more years, but I wake up every morning wondering if this will be the day that some Congressman or Senator will tip the balance against our god-given rights.

It is a close thing. So far, we the people have prevailed. But the battle is never, ever, over. I believe it was Mark Twain who said the Republic is not safe while the Congress is in session. He got that right.

It doesn't play well to discuss 'Rights' when the Rights enumerated in our Constitution have no grounding in citizenship or legal past. Everything in the Constitution applies to a four time felon illegal immigrant. It's hard to say that someone who'se been deported three times and stolen a car is lawfully permitted to own machine guns and hand grenades. And so the stripping of rights began, through 'reasonable measures.'

Reactions: E. Bryant
    And that, UpSideDown, is what makes me lose sleep.

And that, UpSideDown, is what makes me lose sleep.

No need to lose sleep. Life is dangerous. The only one responsible for our safety and future is ourself. Everyone should have that uninterrupted capacity. It is not the governments job on any level to restrain people from the capacity to defend themselves regardless of the danger. Particularly when the government on every level has no responsibility whatsoever to protect any individual.

Not to put too fine a point on this, but I have to disagree with your last comment: government -- at every level -- does indeed have a responsibility to protect its citizens. True, there is a fundamental difference between liberals and conservatives in America: conservatives believe less government is better while liberals believe government should involve itself in every aspect of a citizen's life. But both believe the government has a responsibility to protect citizens. That's why we have armies and police forces and the National Guard and Border Patrol, etc. You might believe, as I do, that all those institutions exhibit bureaucratic mission creep, but I hope you don't believe they should not exist at all.

Epoletna:
    Believe me I know the preamble, our bill of rights the and correspondence between the founding fathers plenty. I write about them for a page that I made on Facebook to try and educate people to the same facts. Most people can recite the 2nd amendment but couldn't tell you what was enumerated in the 4th amendment.

You are correct government would be more than happy to be the grantor of our rights but they do come from your creator be that your mom and dad when you were born, God, Gods, or some other celestial being that you believe in.

I strongly believe that October 26, 2001 was that tipping point you mentioned. The day the government declared the believe of its omnipotence, the day the Patriot act was signed into law was the day the majority of our rights were destroyed by the power of government. When they pass red flag laws at the federal level that will be the end of the Republic as it does much more damage and disregard to all of our rights than just the 2nd.

I haven't been alive for very long, but I have been alive long enough to know not to get excited for any positive gun legislation.

No, really, the next time the Republicans control the WH/House/Senate it's gonna be totally different than the last few times they could have passed pro-2A laws and failed to do so.

For all the great work done at the state level over the past two decades, we haven't gotten jack shit from the federal legislators.

Not to put too fine a point on this, but I have to disagree with your last comment: government -- at every level -- does indeed have a responsibility to protect its citizens. True, there is a fundamental difference between liberals and conservatives in America: conservatives believe less government is better while liberals believe government should involve itself in every aspect of a citizen's life. But both believe the government has a responsibility to protect citizens. That's why we have armies and police forces and the National Guard and Border Patrol, etc. You might believe, as I do, that all those institutions exhibit bureaucratic mission creep, but I hope you don't believe they should not exist at all.

Government on no level cares about *you*. They care about *the People*. Meaning, they care about this fictitious thing called society, but have no responsibility whatsoever to do anything for any individual.

DeShaney vs. Winnebago
    Town of Castle Rock vs. Gonzales
    Warren vs. District of Columbia

Republicans do not care about your rights or for smaller government. Republicans and Democrats are almost all Neo-Liberals. There is no 'Right' or 'Left'. There is Statism, and there is Voluntaryism, and there is everything in-between. Graph below is fairly correct and shows why there is no 'Middle'. Because the 'Middle' would be called violent neo-conservative extremism, even though it wouldn't have anything to do with so called conservatism.

1585422473103.png

I said nothing about "caring", and I make no claim that ANYBODY "cares" about you. Possibly -- just possibly -- if you have a wife or a dog, one of both might care about you. But I make no assurance to that effect.

The government, OTOH, has a RESPONSIBILITY to protect you. They might accomplish that to varying degrees, but the responsibility is still there.

Last edited:
    I said nothing about "caring", and I make no claim that ANYBODY "cares" about you. Possibly -- just possibly -- if you have a wife or a dog, one of both might care about you. But I make no assurance to that effect.

The government, OTOH, has a RESPONSIBILITY to protect you. They might accomplish that to varying degrees, but the responsibility is still there.
    See above post. They care for the general populace. They accept no responsibility towards individuals - which make up the populace. They will play games in favor of the common good, but screw everyone individually.

This bill could pass. There are several states going for Constitutional Carry and other improvements, so it is possible. With that said, every time a pro-gun bill comes close to voting, someone schedules another mass shooting.